Sign in to follow this  
wishlord

Editing 3d game logic sync

Ive been trying for the last days to find out how you sync a game logic to an AI in the 3d editor.

Ive got one opfor group and one gamelogic group, create one opfor AI and create one AmbientCombatManager gamelogic.

Right-clicking the ACM and making driver/gunner link doesn't make them linked/synced.

Could really need help with this, since this is the only thing I need to do in 3d editor that I cant.

Ive tried to go from 3d editor to 2d editor aswell(with like 3 different guides), however there my 3d items wont show up in preview.

Am I missing something?

USE 3D editor to basebuilding only. Dont place any soldiers, civilians, animals, mines, IEDs, triggers, logics, waypoints etc. 

U can place empty cars, planes etc. in  3D editor, but then if you would like do anything more with them, (use them to fire a trigger, put a gear into them, use a script with them) it would be so complicated, youd better not do it.

Use 2D editor for everything important.

If you can speak Czech, i can send you my old "how the hell to get my 3D editor creations to my 2D editor mission" guide.

I gues you cant so I try to sume it up.

So once your base in the 3D editor is done and saved, you go like this:

1. Locate the folder of the 3D editor mission. (there is mission.sqf adn mission.biedi inside)

2. open the mission.sqf  and save it as something (base.sqf, enemybase.sqf, whatever.sqf..........)

3. Locate a folder with your mission (the 2D editor created one) (there will probably be only mission.sqm)

4. Put the whatever.sqf (or whtever you named it) inside the mission and create init.sqf in the same folder.

5. now you have mission.sqm, whatever.sqf, and init.sqf inside the folder

6. open the whatever.sqf and delete everithing that is not vehicle  so the script will now start with 

_vehicle_0 = objNull;

and end with 

_this setPos [somthing, something, something];
};

7. now add 

if (isServer) then {

to the begining of the script

and

};

to the end.

Your scrpt now looks similar to this:

if (isServer) then {
_vehicle_0 = objNull;
.//A lot of text
_this setPos [somthing, something, something];
};
};

Except _vehicle_0 can have different number than 0, and there is lot of code instead of dots. :-)

8.save your whatever.sqf

9.opent init.sqf and type: 

[] execVM "whatever.sqf";

10. save init.sqf

11. go to the 2d editor mission press previev and see.

Objects placed in 3D editor will appear in the enviroment, but they will not be visible on the map. If you want them visible on the map, you have to place Markers to the map in 2d editor.  

Always compose your bases around existing map objects so you have points of references for marker placing.