Sign in to follow this  
xon2

Zero Bytes Download of Arma 3 Workshop content on steam start.

Hey guys,

its a minor issue but still annoys me. Everytime i start up steam, i see this download notification at the bottom. It informs me, that Arma 3 workshop content has been downloaded comprising zero bytes. I have no mods subscribed, but many scenarios.

1.) Is that normal steam behaviour you guys experience as well?

2.) Any idea how to stop steam from doing that or how to disable that particular notification?

I dont use Steam Workshop for Arma, but do for a few other games and experience the same behaviour. Best I can tell is its just Steam checking everything is up-to-date.

ok, thx. I have handful of mods for Skyrim via the workshop. I never see that notification there. May i ask, does steam ''check'' and do the zero bytes download for multiple of your games on start up?

It often does it for Source Engine games (Day of Defeat Source, Garry's Mod, Team Fortress etc.) too, not just Workshop enabled games. I think its just a Steam quirk.

This happens when Steam updates and/or checks the manifests from the workshop items (and perhaps when the subscription list is retrieved). As far as I know, there is no way how to disable this and it is a valid notification because there is a download activity. As for the size, it's written 0 byte because it's not part of any workshop entry.

And indeed, this can happen with any game :)

• Like 1

i simply have to suck it up then :P