Sign in to follow this  
duhmedic

Issues regarding scenario folder & unit attributes

I'll keep this short and sweet. I've posted on the steam community regarding this issue as well, but the more people see this, the better.
My issues are as follows:

1. I'm currently unable to get missions created in the 3D Editor (binarized or not) to recognize briefing.sqf files. While I understand the briefing is able to be managed via editor modules, that doesn't defeat the fact that I have tried and proven templates available that I do not wish to recreate every time I start a new mission. Is there a particular reason the mission isn't recognizing and loading my briefing.sqf? And if so, is there a way to fix it? If not, then this needs to be addressed. 

2. I'm unable to use the command "_unitname allowdamage false" in a unit's init field. It is completely ignored when testing the scenario. I am aware of the option to disable damage on the unit's attribute screen, but this isn't desired. It takes away from my ability to enable and disable a unit's damage registration on the fly. I have tested this several times, both through the direct init field, and through a trigger. No dice.

I might have a few other issues in the future, so unless I'm breaking some rule I missed, I'll keep the thread updated with said issues as I come across them. 

Oh, and can I please for the love of god have the animation viewer available when right-clicking a unit in the same way the arsenal is? I can't imagine why this isn't in already. <3

Try shoving this into "init.sqf" ?

[] execVM "briefing.sqf";

1. As Elite said, that code should work just fine, I've had no problems using that method to display briefings. Anything in your error logs? There may be an earlier error which is preventing the briefing being loaded.

2. The '_' underscore signifies a LOCAL variable in Arma. You should be referring to the GLOBAL variable name for the unit (no starting '_', which the editor would warn of anyway if you tried), this is the name you entered in the 'Object: Init > Variable Name' field.

If you didn't enter a name you can also use 'this' to refer to the current object in its Init field ('this allowDamage false'), but if you're going to refer to the unit elsewhere e.g for triggers you'd obviously need a global name to refer to the unit.

1. As Elite said, that code should work just fine, I've had no problems using that method to display briefings. Anything in your error logs? There may be an earlier error which is preventing the briefing being loaded.

It worked, but no errors prior, and I've never had to do this before for any mission I've made. Shame, EDEN. For shame.

2. The '_' underscore signifies a LOCAL variable in Arma. You should be referring to the GLOBAL variable name for the unit (no starting '_', which the editor would warn of anyway if you tried), this is the name you entered in the 'Object: Init > Variable Name' field.

I'm not actually using that particular line. I would write something like 'this allowdamage false' or 's1 allowdamage false', but no dice, regardless. It seems to be working, however now that it's actually released. I don't know what caused it, but in several situations I couldn't get it to resolve.