Sign in to follow this  
setman

Moving Map cords

Hey guys,

I am working on a map, and right now I have the mapframes set at 200000.000 x 0

I want to change it to 500000.000  442127.375

Is it possible?

Thanks

Nope, but you can change it in config.cpp.

from arma 3 samples

mapZone = 33; //--- UTM zone
        mapArea[] = { //--- lon/lat coordinates (not in UTM to assure .kml precision)
            -20.267975, 174.002838, //--- Bottom Left
            -20.135266, 174.14566, //--- Top Right
        };

// Kostelany geogprahic coordinates
        longitude = 17.395; // positive is east
        latitude = -49.209; // positive is south

You can use this site to help convert coords

http://www.rcn.montana.edu/resources/converter.aspx

And this if you don't know your UTM zone

http://whatutmzoneamiin.blogspot.co.uk/2011/03/what-utm-zone-am-i-in.html

I'm not sure how the longitude and latitude cords are different from mapArea, maybe you take the coords from the middle of your map? Hopefully someone who knows will post...

• Like 1

Nope, but you can change it in config.cpp.

from arma 3 samples

// Kostelany geogprahic coordinates
        longitude = 17.395; // positive is east
        latitude = -49.209; // positive is south

yeah im not too sure what this is... i assume its the coordinate for the absolute center of the map?

would be nice to get an update to the community wiki for some of the stuff in the TP map config.

yeah im not too sure what this is... i assume its the coordinate for the absolute center of the map?

would be nice to get an update to the community wiki for some of the stuff in the TP map config.

Yeah alot of stuff is missing. I think alot of people go on the skype channel, so all that knowledge is lost as it's not written down anywhere, so unsearchable :(  For someone new starting out, it's a massive uphill battle, as most of the guides are out of date or relate to arma 2. And if your new to A3, your going to think the stuff to do with A2 is no good.

Would be great if most people could make the map they wanted, the more terrains the better!

ive got a question.. i read some posts from back in 2013 when people said that you had to set your mapframe specifically to 200000, 0 for the bottom left hand corner or you wouldnt see your roads... my mapframe is the actual bottom left hand corner and i think (though im not sure) that this is the reason why im not seeing my roads...

ive got a question.. i read some posts from back in 2013 when people said that you had to set your mapframe specifically to 200000, 0 for the bottom left hand corner or you wouldnt see your roads... my mapframe is the actual bottom left hand corner and i think (though im not sure) that this is the reason why im not seeing my roads...

Try following this guide, it will guide you through the basic map setup

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=28049