Sign in to follow this  
avibird 1

looking for a ladder in the editor can't find any like we had in arma2.

In arma2 there were two land ladders that I used on the LHD to allow players to have access to the flight deck from the water and other locations on the LHD. Are there any land ladders in Arma3? If not how how can I get the arma2 land ladders into arma3.

Hey Das attorney yes that was the ladder from arma2 that I placed on the LHD in multiple locations from the editor to allow the players to have almost full access to LHD for the areas that you could stand on. You can Exit or board the LHD from a small boat. I don't know if I can really Spawn the ladder in the exact locations I need to be without using the editor for placement. I can use one of the radio towers from Arma3 via editor but it doesn't look as nice or function as well as the ladder. There was also a half ladder in arma2. How can I not have a ladder in Arma 3 in the editor. Thank you and I will see if I can spawn it exactly where I need it but I don't think that will work.

arma3 Land_PierLadder_F where is it in the editor. I don't understand why somethings are not in the editor but are in the game and can be spawned in by code. Can someone explain that to me the logic behind that. (:

I agree AVIBIRD, its really weird. If you don't plan on moving the LHD from where you initially put it. I USE XCAM to achieve that result for any mission I want to have a ladder go to the bottom of the ship in case of falling of or just to get down. Probably the "easiest" option. Unless you want to find a bunch of height and position variables yourself.

• Like 1

@ willithappen I found a way to have full access to the LHD using a ladders.

1. you need to DL this mod CJTF101's EDITOR CJTF's Editor v1.14.0717

2. find this object Land_pierLadder_F  it is under structural transport in the editor and place down on the map.

3. use this code this setpos [position this select 0, position this select 1, 17.1] in the init  deck level and 1.1 sea level.

4. merge two ladders together by placing one on top of the other in the editor and adjust height code of each ladder to overlap and then put them where you want to have access to the LHD.

@ das attorney thanks for the tip where to find the ladder but the old code to spawn the ladder in does not work with height elevations for some reason so I needed to go with a mod to get it to work.

this code allowed me to spawn the ladder but not to adjust the elevations 

myBuilding = "Land_pierLadder_F" createVehicle position this; deleteVehicle this; 

this setpos [position this select 0, position this select 1, 16]

Do you know why? Avibird.

try

myBuilding setpos [position myBuilding select 0, position myBuilding select 1, 16]

@ kevsnotrev but how would you code spawn the object in? I will try to combine the two together to spawn the ladder and set the height in the same code block. When I had two code blocks it did not work thats why I needed use the mod and have the ladder in the editor.

myBuilding = "Land_pierLadder_F" createVehicle position this; deleteVehicle this;

myBuilding setpos [position myBuilding select 0, position myBuilding select 1, 16]

I will see if that works.