ALiVEmod

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment 1.0 (GA)

2 hours ago, flyingsaucerinvasion said:

Get almost immediately a script error message saying "_previoustacomstate" is not defined.

Don't know if this is related to the fact that very little seems to happen in the battlefield.  One or two patrols seem to engage, an A10 takes off now and again, gets immediately shot down, and then pretty much nothing else happens.

Run the Dev build, they pretty much fixed the opcom stall bug related to logistics.  Not fixed in the normal released version.

Good morning.  I am seeking guidance on how to add a custom blacklist into my mod's CONFIG.  The wiki appears to be tailored toward mission making:

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Custom_Blacklists

My mod has specific units that perform spawn-related functions (long story) and as a result, they don't play well when Alive spawns them into the mission.  I need to know how to add a blacklist within my config so that they are never "seen" by Alive as units that can be automatically placed and used in missions.

Help?!?!?

So I was browsing through some older faction mods made via the ALiVE ORBAT and I've noticed a pattern of error codes among faction mods published before the 2022 updates to CBA_A3 and ALiVE. Some other examples include "Balkan War Mod 1990-1995", "Aftermath - People's Liberation Army Pre-War Forces", and "2001 Macedonian Insurgency" on the Steam Workshop.

"CUP_Worlds_DustEffects" and/or "universal_uniforms" seems to be a recurring issue with faction mods working properly. Anybody got any idea what's causing these errors? Did CBA or ALiVE rewrite the config files or something?

I also personally had made a faction called "ANTIFA Rioters V2" back in December 2021 and some of the details in the config files for are not the same anymore as when I first published the mod in 2021. I know for a fact I didn't accidentally alter or omit any config files or dependencies because my file explorer folder timestamp for the mod files still says it was last modified in December 2021.

I'm not a coder by any chance, so I might sound crazy for asking if ALiVE or CBA_A3 updates are capable of rewriting mod folder configs. My deduction for this is that CBA_A3 and ALiVE were recently updated in 2022. And the three affected mods I mentioned were all mods published before the 2022 updates.

Additionally I have a recording of a multiplayer op using my custom faction from back in December as well, and when I load up the mission file I made back in 2021, it stated missing dependencies for "universal uniforms" and "unknown" (can post a screenshot later).

I've never once used the CUP Core Terrains or Universal Uniforms mods as a dependency when making my faction mod. 

I also noticed that the "O_[faction name]" line was changed from what was supposed to be my faction name "O_Rioters" to the faction name of the faction that I used as the template in ORBAT i.e. "O_LootersUSA2020" or "O_CSAT".

Looking over the info I've gathered, it seems that ALiVE is the culprit, I'd like to hear some of your guys' thoughts and experience with this kind of stuff.

One can no longer sign up for the alivemod.com/forum - esoTalk has encountered a fatal error. Try again, or get help.

What I needed help with is the following. I'm running a persistent campaign and wanted to add some objects in a FOB. After loading up the new .PBO file everything still works fine and the game persists but my new objects are not there. I've tried to sync them to the player logistics (disable) module but this didn't do anything either.

I'm running on a dedicated server and the Database is set to local.