ALiVEmod

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment 1.0 (GA)

Small, close to insignificant question, would it be possible to sort the available Player Combat Support units alphabetically instead of the order they were added?

It might be my imaginary OCD acting up, but it just looks nicer when you add to your existing pool of resources to have all the similarly named units grouped together.

In my case I currently have 2 UH60's as Hybrid (HOTEL ONE and TWO) and 2 MH-6's added as Transports (GOLF ONE and TWO), placed as "advanced" PCS units, and they currently are listed nice and tidy in order under transports in the ALiVE Tablet. When I add another UH60 (HOTEL THREE) it adds to the bottom of the list instead of after the HOTEL TWO bird.

If you add and sync Hotel One, then Hotel Two, the Hotel Three, they will appear in that exact order in the tablet.

Your setup reminds me of Monopoly, btw. :)

But yeah, I'm fairly OCD with it too. I just don't see any reason for them to spend any resources on this, seeing as you can order them in any fashion you want just by syncing them in the order you want them in. If you add a new one and need to change the order, just unsync them all and resync them. Should only take a few seconds.

@ALiVE Devs: newest version 1.2.2.1611241 is not yet available on PWS.  Dunno if you manually upload or if PWS is doing it in their own "delayed" pace with your mod.  Just wanted to inform you in rather selfish intent since I prefer PWS if a mod is offered there over other DL channels. ;)

withSix should be up to date again thanks to Sonsalt! :)

• Like 1

HeroesandvillainsOS: I do agree with you ... to a quite big extent tbh!

It doesn't take long to do but it's one of those thing added to the list of stuff-to-remember-before-pbo:ing which in all fairness keeps growing quite long when you put all the standalone scripts, AI mods and what not together ;)

Having the option to list alphabetically would be nice to keep that list a tad shorter. I thought I'd trow it out there at least :)

Monopoly, I'm assuming you're not referring to the classic board game?

Monopoly, I'm assuming you're not referring to the classic board game?

Of course I am. PASS GO AND COLLECT $200 ONE would be an excellent callsign. Let's not pretend it wouldn't be amazing if you added that with all your HOTEL's. :)

• Like 2

Small, close to insignificant question, would it be possible to sort the available Player Combat Support units alphabetically instead of the order they were added?

It might be my imaginary OCD acting up, but it just looks nicer when you add to your existing pool of resources to have all the similarly named units grouped together.

In my case I currently have 2 UH60's as Hybrid (HOTEL ONE and TWO) and 2 MH-6's added as Transports (GOLF ONE and TWO), placed as "advanced" PCS units, and they currently are listed nice and tidy in order under transports in the ALiVE Tablet. When I add another UH60 (HOTEL THREE) it adds to the bottom of the list instead of after the HOTEL TWO bird.

I've alphabetized the list, might not be present in the next release due to build timing, but I promise it will be eventually.

• Like 1

Oh, lol. That is very very true. Did I just create a shitstorm? fuck me >_<

• Like 1

RFX0nkZ.jpg

ALiVEmod.com
The next generation dynamic persistent mission addon for ArmA3

Release 1.2.3

EfY9zEM.png

Hotfixes!
Again another hotfix release. These releases are like London buses, you can wait around for ages for one to turn up and then 4 come at once... Anyway, once again thank you to the continued great feedback from the community. This release sees Whigital pop his Github cherry pushing several widespread code optimisations. We also fixed some regressions, ACE kills now get logged on War Room and we also fixed an issue with persistence missions getting stuck on the loading screen.

If you do have any persistent mission issues please contact us on our forum for support!

Thanks to everyone for feedback both here and on our forum!

Download
Grab the latest version from ALiVEmod.com
Also available from PlayWithSix, ArmAholic and Steam (Usually within 24 hours of this post)

Join the War Room Now!

Please note that as with all updates, if you have an issue loading a mission made with a previous version of ALiVE, delete and replace the modules in that mission.

Release Highlights
  • Support for 1.66.139494 - Public Stable
  • Code Optimisations by Whigital
  • Fix issue where kills were not registered when using ACE medical with ALiVE War Room.
  • Fixed issue where persistent missions were stuck on loading screen
  • Update ALiVEClient.dll to fix crashing issues while indexing
See full commit history on Github

More Maps?
The momentum is really beginning to build with the indexing tools and we are cracking through the backlog. Instructions for using the Map Indexer can be found on our wiki

Known Issues & Support
Existing bugs are listed on Github here. Feel free to submit bugs (with repros) or discuss any issues or ideas on our forum at http://alivemod.com/forum/.

Manual
Please refer to the ALiVE Wiki. All the info you need is there. If anything is missing or unclear, please let us know.

Are you using Linux?
ALiVE is fully supported on a Linux Dedicated Server (as well as Windows). In fact the ALiVE Official Server for testing is running Ubuntu. Here are some tips on getting ALiVE running smoothly on Linux and integrated with War Room - http://www.alivemod.com/forum/1916-setting-up-linux- dedi-server

Acknowledgements and Thanks
Particular thanks to all those on our support forum who have worked closely with us to identify bugs, provide logs and generally help us improve ALiVE. Your assistance is valuable and your dedication to ALiVE makes it all worth the effort!

Disclaimer
We may need to prune the persistent database data from the War Room, eliminating data that is older than 6-12 months. The ALiVE War Room database is run on a voluntary basis at a cost to the ALiVE development team. No guarantees can be given on the mission data stored or the availability of the service. We apologise for any downtime that may impact your MP persistent missions.

ALiVE has transformed my Arma 3 experience, how can I thank you?
Please consider making a contribution to our server costs if you enjoy ALiVE! It costs us $65 per month to run our War Room website and the ALiVE Database servers and every little helps. Donate here http://www.alivemod.com/#Donate

Special thanks to everyone here for supporting us with donations to the ALiVE mod development effort.

Have fun!
  • Like 10

Performance with ALiVE will always be better in a MP environment, especially a dedicated server. I generally only play alone (I recruit AI using the Spyder Addons mod) and register my TADST server to the ALiVE War Room so I can save and load my progress.

@scooterperpetual

You can even create a complete, big living map with ALiVE and I'd always suggest to use a dedi if you have the resources. If you work "clean" all the time, your map and your game would open to your friends in case you want to invite them. 

10 minutes ago, lordprimate said:

is there any way someone could push out a x64.dll??

Very unlikely to be released until the 64bit client is live, though there may be a test version around in due course if you're lucky!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lordprimate said:

is there any way someone could push out a x64.dll??

You only need the dll in @ALiVE (at the moment) if you are doing map indexing on the client.

Dedi Server 64bit exe hasn't been pushed to dev yet so we don't need to update ALiVEPlugIn.dll / .so yet.  (i know there's a workaround using the -server param for those aching to test 64bit arma3.exe for dedi)

Saying that we are testing 64 bit extensions as we speak!

http://alivemod.com/forum/2636-so-someone-explain-to-me-how-this-new-64bit-vs-32-bit-arma-upda

• Like 3

On 15/12/2016 at 9:20 PM, tupolov said:

You only need the dll in @ALiVE (at the moment) if you are doing map indexing on the client.

Dedi Server 64bit exe hasn't been pushed to dev yet so we don't need to update ALiVEPlugIn.dll / .so yet.  (i know there's a workaround using the -server param for those aching to test 64bit arma3.exe for dedi)

Saying that we are testing 64 bit extensions as we speak!

http://alivemod.com/forum/2636-so-someone-explain-to-me-how-this-new-64bit-vs-32-bit-arma-upda

"You only need the dll in @ALiVE (at the moment) if you are doing map indexing on the client"

"The current @ALiVE folder has the ALiVEClient.DLL that is 32-bit. Today the ALiVEClient extension is used for index mapping only. It is not used for either ALiVE mission creation or running ALiVE on your PC. If you are not doing map indexing then you do not need the extension."

Maybe i understood the wrong way, but does that mean that ALiVE is functional in 64 bit dev branch if we only make and save ALiVE scenarios through the editor in SP? or that a new x64.dll is needed anyway in the @ALiVE folder?

Would just like to test the dev version with ALiVE enabled in the frame mentioned above, but hesitate to download it for the moment. Is a workaround like the ones concerning ACE or TFAR planned (or available?) for public testing purposes?

Maybe i just misunderstood what you said, so better ask. Thank you anyways for the continuous work. 64 bit is a great perspective for ALiVE users :)

Yes, ALiVE works fine in 64-bit as it is at the moment so you can ignore the warning that the A3 launcher gives. The only things not working with the 64-bit client is generating new map indexes and data persistence (war room) with the 64-bit dedicated server.

• Like 3

Are there anything special to set to have it to spread the AI among several Headless Clients?

I could get it to transfer AI to a single HC just fine but the other two HC's stays empty with 0 AI transferred to them? I have 4 HC slots with unique names and set to playable.

/KC

All,

We are currently experiencing an outage to alivemod.com.

Unfortunately, during this time persistent missions may not function correctly (although you should be able to load/save data). Our forum and wiki are unavailable.

We will let you know as soon as the service is back up!

Apologies in advance.

Tup and the ALiVE mod team.

EDIT: and we are back up and running at 0100 GMT

• Like 1

@DEVS and @ALL:

I can't reach alivemod.com and the forums.  Yesterday both were ok. Anyone else experiencing this?

Kind regards,

tourist

Yes, second outage in the space of 1 week... we are investigating...

EDIT: and the service is back up.

• Like 3

RFX0nkZ.jpg

ALiVEmod.com

The next generation dynamic persistent mission addon for Arma 3

Release 1.2.7

fXSNRFz.gif

Happy New Year! ALiVE introduces online After Action Review!

Yes! It happened! See https://i.imgur.com/p4JzVhl.gifv

The original intent of the ALiVE War Room website was to allow groups to track their performance (both group and individuals) as well as review missions. Although stats are great, War Room never had a true AAR capability - until now!

We are very happy to announce that we have integrated community member Titan's R3 framework into ALiVE War Room. Thanks to ALiVE Dev MarcelDev89 we have incorporated R3 in a way that means you can use AAR without having to setup your own web service or do anything other than run ALiVE as usual on your dedicated server with Data/AAR enabled. Many thanks to Titan and MarcelDev89 for making AAR a reality on ALiVE War Room.

Our system is very similar to OCAP and other AAR systems, however, ours does not require you to have to setup your own web server etc.

The great thing about AAR is that you don't even need to be running an ALiVE "mission". Simply ensure everyone is running the @ALiVE mod and your server is running @ALiVE and @ALiVEServer mods. Place the sys_data_auto.pbo (located in the @ALiVE/optional folder) into your @ALiVE/addons folder on your server.

What you will need:

• Latest version of @ALiVE (1.2.7) and @ALiVEServer (make sure you download @ALiVEServer from War Room server setup)
  • Register your dedicated server on ALiVE War Room (this allows you to download @ALiVEServer mod and latest extensions)
  • Add the Data module to your mission and ensure AAR is enabled (it should be by default) in the module parameters (or place the sys_data_auto.pbo in your @ALiVE/addons folder)
  • Launch your MP mission on your dedicated server
  • To access your AAR simply visit ALiVE War Room and select your operation.

We will continue to work with Titan to improve AAR and are also looking to offer an export/import function as AAR data is only kept for 30 days at the moment.

But I don't have a dedicated server? Its very simple to run a dedicated server instance on your PC! Just launch an instance of the arma 3 dedicated server exe on your PC with appropriate start up parameters.

Wait but there's more! 64 bit ALiVE Extensions
We thought that might get your attention! We've ported all our extension goodness to 64 bit for those of you running the Dev branch and want to enjoy ALiVE without those pesky OUT_OF_MEMORY issues! Thanks to Tupolov, we've ported the ALIVEClient.DLL to 64 bit so that you can continue to index maps if so desired. More importantly we've ported the ALiVEPlugIn.DLL that runs on your dedicated server to 64 bit too.

There's even moar? Real Weather tech preview
What on earth is Real Weather I hear you say. Well its pretty simple, for our Weather module, if you select Real Weather and then state a COUNTRY/CITY location, ALiVE will go and grab the actual weather for that location for your mission game time. We support dates between 2007 and right up to today. If you are playing in the future (or before 2007) we will grab the weather for the hour/day/month in 2016 for whatever location you specified.

Not only that but you can override real weather from game time with real weather from real time, so it will grab the weather for the location specified based on your server's local time. We don't change mission time though, so keep that in mind.

Real Weather is only available on dedicated server based missions, its tech preview today and does not use any MP weather sync mechanism (so we are relying on BIS for that).

Just to finish you off we are also shipping numerous bug fixes and enhancements

• [MIL_OPCOM] Fix asymmetric AI commander could have been caught up in a loop, preventing progression. Fix asymmetric AI commander was sometimes retreating from unoccupied areas, lower hostility level and reset fulfilled orders once retreated. Improved movement behaviour when setting up roadblocks and establishing depots.
  • [MIL_C2ISTAR] Fixed bug with side independent in task HVT assassination!
  • [SYS_ORBATCREATOR] Add MPRespawn EH to exported units to call init code
  • [CIV_PLACEMENT] Increase the radius roadblocks can be placed by default from 100m to 300m, helps ensure the dominant faction can be found.
  • [CIV_PLACEMENT] Allow for no cluster filtering for ambient civilians. Current missions need to be updated with new Very Small setting.
  • [MIL_OPCOM] Added options to allow for more detailed tweaks of the AI Commander. 1. Amount of objectives attacked simultanously 2. Minimum of ALiVE civilians needed for a recruitment center to be set up by the asymmetric commander. Both settings can be used to slow down an ongoing Insurgency, esp. if you plan a long term operation to avoid the map being taken over too quickly! (fix #138)
  • [C2ISTAR] Set behaviour from careless to safe in Task Military Defence since groups were not engaging at all (fix #179)
  • [C2ISTAR] Fixed: Sabotage mission - no OPCOM buildings were selected at all. Removed legacy code, improved filtering and added optional internal blacklist (fix #166 - Sabotage mission on a undestroyable house)
  • [MIL_C2ISTAR] Fix issue #198 with menu items not showing even though player had item
  • [Map Indexing] Fixed issue where map indexer crashed on Windows 7, can now select Windows 7 or Windows 10 OS when indexing.

Thanks to everyone for feedback both here and on our forum!

Download

Grab the latest version from ALiVEmod.com
Also available from PlayWithSix, ArmAholic and Steam (Usually within 24 hours of this post)

Please note that as with all updates, if you have an issue loading a mission made with a previous version of ALiVE, delete and replace the modules in that mission.

Release Highlights

• After Action Review now available on ALiVE War Room
  • 64-bit Extensions
  • Real Weather (Tech Preview)
  • Numerous bug fixes and enhancements
  • Make sure you download latest @ALiVEServer from War Room server setup

See full commit history on Github

More Maps?
The momentum is really beginning to build with the indexing tools and we are cracking through the backlog. Instructions for using the Map Indexer can be found on our wiki

Known Issues & Support
Existing bugs are listed on Github here. Feel free to submit bugs (with repros) or discuss any issues or ideas on our forum at http://alivemod.com/forum/.

Manual
Please refer to the ALiVE Wiki. All the info you need is there. If anything is missing or unclear, please let us know.

Are you using Linux?
ALiVE is fully supported on a Linux Dedicated Server (as well as Windows). In fact the ALiVE Official Server for testing is running Ubuntu. Here are some tips on getting ALiVE running smoothly on Linux and integrated with War Room - http://www.alivemod.com/forum/1916-setting-up-linux- dedi-server

Acknowledgements and Thanks
Particular thanks to all those on our support forum who have worked closely with us to identify bugs, provide logs and generally help us improve ALiVE. Your assistance is valuable and your dedication to ALiVE makes it all worth the effort!

Disclaimer
We may need to prune the persistent database data from the War Room, eliminating data that is older than 6-12 months. The ALiVE War Room database is run on a voluntary basis at a cost to the ALiVE development team. No guarantees can be given on the mission data stored or the availability of the service. We apologise for any downtime that may impact your MP persistent missions.

ALiVE has transformed my Arma 3 experience, how can I thank you?
Please consider making a contribution to our server costs if you enjoy ALiVE! It costs us $65 per month to run our War Room website and the ALiVE Database servers and every little helps. Donate here http://www.alivemod.com/#Donate

Special thanks to everyone here for supporting us with donations to the ALiVE mod development effort.

Have fun!

• Like 11

For IEDs besides the ace checkbox do i need do i need to input the ace clasnames into the txt block for them to use that?

3 minutes ago, Iceman2004 said:

For IEDs besides the ace checkbox do i need do i need to input the ace clasnames into the txt block for them to use that?

Yes, if you want to use ACE IED's, you need to use the ACE IED classnames.

Edit: Damn you Tupolov

• Like 1