HKurtyka

Can't load texture in object builder

I'm trying to make a helmet mod. I had successfully gotten it in game and textured, however I decided to tweak the texture. I though I could just, update the file in object builder and then save and repack/binarize, though after doing this it firstly doesn't show in Object Builder that the texture is applied, instead I get a pink/white error type texture and secondly refuses to pack, stating it can't load my texture due to being unable to find it in the temp folder on my C drive. Any help would be really appropriated. Here is a link to my files if it helps: https://drive.goog?id==sharing

Link to Image of what I get when I try to apply texture - https://imgur.com/1BWVJ2S

Have you correctly installed the ArmA3 tools including P:\ drive?

Also, when I open the model in Object Builder, the texture isn't applied. Is the version you uploaded the latest version as the texture field is completely empty.

Have you correctly installed the ArmA3 tools including P:\ drive?

Also, when I open the model in Object Builder, the texture isn't applied. Is the version you uploaded the latest version as the texture field is completely empty.

This is my order of operations, for both when it worked and currently while it's not.

Open arma 3 tools and mount p drive if not already mounted,

Open object builder

Open my .p3d

Press Ctrl + A, to select all

Press E, in texture field, navigate to my texture.paa, which is in my project folder with the .p3d

Remove P:/ from file path (with this it still doesn't work)

Press apply, ok.

From here I would then select change the render type / show texture buttons (not sure if they are called this)

Then texture won't show, I would try to pack anyway and it would fail, telling me it cannot load texture.

I have reinstalled a3 tools to check if it was a bad install, since when I validated files object builder failed to open, saying texture convert. (Can't remember file type) may not be installed correctly. What is strange though, is that it work perfectly once (the first time) following this same path

you need to use TGAs not PAAs if you want textures to be visible in Object Builder's viewport

you need to use TGAs not PAAs if you want textures to be visible in Object Builder's viewport

I tried that and it didn't work if i remember right, I have tried a lot if things to get it to work so I'll try it again. Though that wouldn't explain why when I set the texture.paa it fails to pack. I should mention that it packs fine when I remove the texture association in face properties, but as soon as I save it with the texture.paa assigned, I get the error, I have a screen grab of the error I get which I will post later.

1. use TGAs and let Buldozer convert these for you automatically

2. the path should be without P:\ btw: (IE: NOT P:\myaddon\addons\data\mytexture_co.tga but myaddon\addons\data\mytexture_co.tga)\)

3. make sure the textures are 2^n format (256x256, 512x512, 1024x1024 1024x2048 etc) and have the proper suffix

4. make sure all textures are 24bit TGAs or 32bit TGAs (for _ca files), saved without compression.

1. use TGAs and let Buldozer convert these for you automatically

2. the path should be without P:\ btw: (IE: NOT P:\myaddon\addons\data\mytexture_co.tga but myaddon\addons\data\mytexture_co.tga)\)

3. make sure the textures are 2^n format (256x256, 512x512, 1024x1024 1024x2048 etc) and have the proper suffix

4. make sure all textures are 24bit TGAs or 32bit TGAs (for _ca files), saved without compression.

I have done everything there except use buldozer, I will try that now. 

Ok, configured buldozer ran it, and let it convert texture, that worked fine and I could see the texture. Tried to pack, still failed, it starts to binarize, a blank command prompt box appears, nothing happens after that, I have to close the prompt and then I get a error code of 1073741510, which seems to me to simply be 'you closed the command prompt and therefore error'.

Ok, sorry for the trouble, but I downloaded pboproject and it..... just worked, I think it may be my addon builder, when I validated files it said I was missing some, and then gave me an error when I started it up.

[...] I downloaded pboproject and it..... just worked, I think it may be my addon builder, when I validated files it said I was missing some, and then gave me an error when I started it up.

AddonBuilder is the most unreliable tool in the history of unreliable tools (not including Donald Trump). PboProject is the way of the future.