Sign in to follow this  
dreadedentity

I'm looking for a few testers for a new system

Hello everyone,

I am in the last stages of development on a new system I'm working on (rewrite of ACS) and I am looking for some testers of the system in it's current state.

Some changes:

Dialog-based editor (ACSCE):
        First of all, the editor itself. This did not exist in ACS1
	Save/load your conversations to/from profile namespace, allowing you to work on a conversation in one map, change maps, and continue
	Rearrange conversation topics at will
	Edit to your hearts content
	Able to import from clipboard in case you deleted the conversation from the editor, but still have it saved in a script.
	Able to export to clipboard for use in your missions
ACS:
        A real, branching conversation system, unlike the ACS workaround
        Works with stringtables or regular strings
        Dialog modeled after TESV:Skyrim, ACS1 was modeled after TES4:Morro. May add support for both/more dialog styles.
	Sound-playing is currently identical to ACS1, working out some kinks in it
	Now have the ability to say some things to the NPC (optional), and then hear it's response
        Topics can have an optional "condition" that must be met before showing up to the player
        Topics can now redirect to another part of the conversation by setting an optional "path"
	Conversation initiator and reciever now move their lips while sounds are playing (random lip movement, prob won't match to sound, currently looking into a better option)
	Some (very) basic RPG commands, like forcing a unit to run to the player and initiate conversation (may be expanded)
	Player speech and NPC responses can be split into different "lines", every topic can contain an unlimited amount of lines
	All user scripts are now spawned, all code will always be in a scheduled environment

I'm only looking for like 5 testers guys (enough to fill a group convo in the forum messaging system).

Please respond to this post if you would like to be one of the first to use this system and help it's development by telling me about bugs and suggested features.

Please PM me if you would like to participate on the low.

I am not asking you to do any debugging or script-work, simply reporting issues. Although I guess you can look at the code it you want.

Please express your interest within an hour of me posting this message so I can send you a download link and setup instructions quickly.

If you do not see this message within an hour but still want to participate, don't be discouraged, I will send you that information in a few hours once I get back from work.

If I think of anything else that I want to add, I will silently edit this post.

Thank you all for your help!

• Like 3

Hi mate,

I'd be happy to help - John Shock gave me your TS so I'll pop on there to discuss etc  :)

It's been way more than an hour, but yeah I can help. I just want to warn you, I will look at the code and possibly tinker with it.

Hi mate,

I'd be happy to help - John Shock gave me your TS so I'll pop on there to discuss etc   :)

Great! Always welcome! Hope to catch you in there sometime

It's been way more than an hour, but yeah I can help. I just want to warn you, I will look at the code and possibly tinker with it.

No worries, although there's not much more to be done than optimization/cleanup. All core systems are done! Just need people to test the system in a "real" way (pretend you're actually using it for make a mission) and report errors and Quality Of Life suggestions!

Thanks for your interest guys, give me a second to figure out how to add you guys to the PM