Sign in to follow this  
smashballs

Zeus Multiplayer Virtual Entities Die on Start

My Zeus Game Master mission works near flawlessly, except for some reason all the virtual entities die when the mission starts. I will select the Zeus virtual entity at the start screen, and when it goes to the briefing it shows "No Signal", then starts with the screen pointing up and it shows me the death screen. 

Why is this happening? The Zeus can work if being used by a regular unit, but that causes strange re-spawning bugs. I want a normal virtual Zeus entity to be the Game Master, but that is impossible if it dies for no reason.

Am I missing something for my virtual entities to be dying?

I am using version 1.56 for the Eden editor, is that the cause of this strange bug?

Description.ext

author="Smash Balls";
onLoadName = "Overlord 42+1 Master Altis";
OnLoadMission = "There is an almighty Overlord of which I wouldn't disobey! The NATO faction has a starting desert HQ with a handful of starting assets to use.";
loadScreen = "overlordCastle.jpg";
overviewText = "Our lord of death and destruction has arrived!";
displayName = "Overlord 42+1 Master Altis|Preset Base(NATO)";

respawnVehicleDelay = 30;

respawn = "BASE";

respawndelay = 15;

respawnDialog = 1;

respawnTemplatesWest[] = {"MenuPosition","MenuInventory"};

respawnTemplatesCiv[] = {"MenuPosition","MenuInventory"};

respawnTemplatesVirtual[] = {};

respawnOnStart = 0; 

disabledAI = 1;

joinUnassigned = 1;

aiKills = 1;

class Header
{
 gameType = ZGM;            //DM, Team, Coop, ...
 minPlayers = 1;             //min # of players the mission supports
 maxPlayers = 43;            //Max # of players the mission supports
 playerCountMultipleOf = 1;
};

So nobody has this issue? Nobody's virtual entities die on start when they make a Zeus scenario?

Place units with:

this enablesimulation false;
this allowdamage false;
hideObject this;

and forced interface.

(Just newer used virtual entities).

Master Stratis & Master Altis still work, so there must be a way of doing it, but I'm having the same problem at the moment...

Ok, so a few people have this issue, but it is important that the VR entities survive because if 

respawnOnStart = 1;

Then that would cause your controller to respawn making it impossible for him to become Zeus. So I need a way to work it so VR entities can be used in MP Zeus game master.

This guy too has the same issue https://www.reddit.com/r/armadev/comments/46rjs1/zvzvz_sector_control_missions_zeus_problems/

A mission I built in old editor works in multiplayer, but as soon as I convert it into eden 3d editor and export it to multiplayer, the zeus curator entity won't work, only player zeus does.

This problem is over a year old, I've seen people point out the exact problem and Bohemia still hasn't fixed it? Thanks Bohemia