Sign in to follow this  
petek

RAID 0 and arma 3 performance

Hi all - Couldn't find anything specific on this so was after some guidance. I have an MSI GT70 laptop (8 gig ram, Nvidia GTX870m 2gig, i7-4810mq 2.8 Ghz, Windows 8.1 64bit and 120gig SSD with op system and aram3 installed) Got a little cash and was wondering what (if any) upgrades I could make that would improve arma3 performance. Seems setting up RAID 0 with additional SSD or more RAM are the choices - anyone got any advice on this? Cheers

As far as I remember, high-frequency RAM may improve Arma perfs.

You could consider upgrading your RAM with an higher frequency, rather that increasing you total amount of RAM.

High frequency RAm does improve performance-I switched to 16Gb of HyperX Savage @2400mhz and noticed an improvement.But the easiest thing you can do to improve performance is use Dwarden's malloc.It gave me and several others an increase of almost 10fps on the benchmark.Here's a thread that explains how to use it- https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/187645-non-optimal-system-perfomance-on-an-over-the-spec-system/

Hmmm laptop and upgrading. Biggest improvement you'll see would be overclock the CPU and naturally disable every power saving option. But I don't know how good option that is with laptops.

You don't really need more RAM. And I don't know about RAM upgrading for laptops if there really are any good fast sticks for them.

Thanks for the advice guys - looks like not worth looking at a RAID setup for Arma 3 .... Will definitely check out Dwarden's malloc too

cheers

I have found in the past, for the most part, not always, that better RAM equals smoother game play, not necessarily more fps. With poor RAM games can stutter, while fps fluctuate from high to low.