Ranwer135

Alien: Covenant (Prometheus 2) - Discussion

Alien-Covenant.jpg

So many of you (including myself) have watched Prometheus (2012) and it was sort of boring at first ...

Until when the Deacon Xenomorph bursts out of the Engineer's Chest, F*** YEAH!

:D

The last part of the movie excited every single fan of the Alien series, creating a viral discussion all over the internet that 'Alien is returning to the movie screens'. This is exactly what just happened, when Ridley Scott (the producer of Prometheus and Alien) announced that Prometheus 2 has evolved into the prequel of Alien. The producer has also confirmed that the release date for Alien: Covenant is 2017. More info on Ridley Scott's announcement here:

So far, we know that Sigourney Weaver will be returning back to the spotlight, as well as a few renown characters from the series. But what would you like to see in the movie? And what are your highest hopes and/or expectations for this movie making it an awesome come-back to the franchise?  ;) (Discussion can be about anything within the Alien and Prometheus titles, alternatively Alien: Covenant)

And as a little teaser for the movie, here is a fan-made video by Y-2-K FILMS (TheMidnightBros):

• Like 1

I liked Prometheus.

Good to know anyway. It was clear that something like that was coming.

• Like 1

was always a die hard Aliens and Predator fan. Prometheus was OK, it suggests some very interesting story telling and leaves you wondering where the second would go. Excited to see what happens, and my biggest question is when we will see the "Queen" ;)

• Like 2

In the meanwhile Hollywood is producing in general too many episodes & remakes instead of new and creative movies.

• Like 1

I liked Prometheus a lot,I hope that the next film would let us see the Engineer's home planet or explain why they wanted to wipe us out.

In the meanwhile Hollywood is producing in general too many episodes & remakes instead of new and creative movies.

I remember seeing Alien in the theatre at like 9 years old and besides feeling pretty traumatized the main feeling was "What the f*** was THAT?!"

And I mean that in a good way. Then comes the sequels in which they try to start explaining things diluting the above sensation little by little, chip by chip until we finally have Predator and some Chick with a little scar on her face leaping hand in hand together because they are kindred warriors *sound of gunshot*

The original Star Wars same thing -transcendant and that was at a car movie Drive In. Matrix 1 again a complete movie with lots of WTF's in a good way. These movies were all produced with a strong firm story already in place -alls you need now is a great Director to launch it. Christ, Alien was written by a guy so down and out he was homeless....the man's got somethin to say!

Today sequels feel firmly rooted in top floor corporate towers in which talks of hundreds of millions to biliions top discussion with a band of slick marketing guys throwing out PC ideas that they know the public will gobble up. Todays sequels feel more like something on the front page of the Business section of the newspaper rather than The Arts...and thats a shame.

• Like 1

Well, for me the original Alien film had one great feature - that alien ship was totally alien. No idea of its real shape, it seemed to be asymmetrical, it seemed to be made by something that thought in a completely different way. The remains of the crew were difficult to separate from the ship, we had no idea of their actual shape or how they could move around, and the ship interior didn't give any clues. It was literally alien.

However, in Prometheus it all becomes human-centric. Basically large humans made it. The alien crew member is really a sort of "suit" for the large human. And it seems we are created by the crew. The ship is no longer alien.

So I didn't really dig it that much. It took away the alien from Alien.

• Like 2