PYL

Vanilla BIS homing/guidance script for its missiles

Hello all! Where could I find the algorithm used by the game which guides our beloved guided missiles? I tried to look into weapons.pbo (with the hope to find it into the folder of the Titan AA or AT) but found nothing. :)
Thanks!

That probably isn't handled by SQF. It would be MUCH more efficient and easier to do it in C++ (probably burried inside one of the .dll's or maybe the executable?) , which is probably what BIS did. Why do you need it? Even then  you'd need to reverse engineer the whole thing. Probably not worth the effort to get something you won't even be able to use in SQF.

What are you trying to do? Why do you need information like that?

• Like 1

I wanted to see how they implemented the guidance since I wanted to create a vertical launched ballistic missile and I needed to know how to guide it :)

you could just keep setting realtive positions for the rocket inside a loop, (BIS_fnc_relPos) then maybe set its vector so its facing the direction you'd think it should be facing at each position. The maths are way over my head for that. good luck.

• Like 1

Thanks! If there is really no way to "copy" the code which BIS'developers used then I will make my own and maybe, once I will be done, post the result here , if somebody is interested :)

When spawning a test missile model with

missile = createVehicle ["M_Titan_AT", [4000, 4000, 2], [], 0, "NONE"];

the missile comes with its engine already turned on so it's got some force already applied. Is there a way to spawn it without the burning engines? Tried with setFuel 0 but nothing...

I don't think it's possible for rockets, I tried before without luck. I've even just tried the new command of createobject but it doesn't have any hiddenselections you can disable.

Only option would be trough addon I guess but nothing I can do.  

• Like 1