ddraig

Dedicated Server to run without internet connection/steam in offline mode please

Hi,

I'm developing a DayZ based mod which uses Arma 2 OA. I had no internet connection and wanted to playtest on a dedicated server running @ localhost. I get player identity not found errors, then session gets lost (waiting for host message) when client tries to join. Its because the dedicated server requires an internet connection/steam to be in online mode. Really?? There is no technological reason whatsoever to disallow LAN/localhost play without internet/steam online. 

This forum is for suggestions, and since one of the most popular mods for Arma 2 requires dedicated, this should be implemented ASAP. 

Thanks!

A good example is Mercenaries 2 for the Xbox360 &PC, which was a very fun multiplayer open world game, but which required a connection to EA Servers. EA shut down the servers and that game is unplayable even on LAN now. I just think that blatantly shafted customers. EA could of at least released a patch to allow players to play privately. Well, with the PC version thankfully someone has created an EA server emulator that will fake 'Big Brother' to the client, which I have not tried. 

That really is my concern, the inability to play something that I really enjoy playing, on my own, in private, without an internet connection or relying on steam having to be up. 

I have the same thoughts about this, it sucks you cant disable steam query port on it. My game would just remain "player connecting" for ever. Sadly I have not found any fixes yet