Maio

Arma 3 - APEX - NEWS and SPECULATIONS

and the CSAT VTOL

Enhance_zpsqrrtjwjf.png

This is an old picture, and it may be just a concept which will never come out.

I wonder, will the new lighting engine mean that lights (flashlights etc) no longer shine/illuminate through walls and cast proper shadows?? :)

There is no new lighting engine unfortunately, it's just an improved lighting configuration (colors, contrast, etc).

This is an old picture, and it may be just a concept which will never come out.

to me, BIS will be forced to give something similar to CSAT faction, if the MP oriented wave is confirmed

You're making us pay 30 bucks for an engine improvement? HAH

That's your own choice ;-) If you get the DLC/Expansion you will get Tanoa and it's perks(Vehicles, weapons, faction and so on). If not: you do get the "regular" engine/game updates and all extra new features (Like Fire from vehicles and weapons resting like in the past DLC's).

Like said it is everybody's own choice, this DLC has alot of good stuff and must say it is worth the money so far as I can see, they have been working on this DLC for a long time now.

Send with mobile

You're making us pay 30 bucks for an engine improvement? HAH

No. If you own Arma 3, you get the "Engine Update" free... granted if there even is one for that matter... You must be thinking about the visual update? Yes, that's free. however, you don't pay, you don't get Tanoa or any of the *content*.

to me, BIS will be forced to give something similar to CSAT faction, if the MP oriented wave is confirmed

That's not necessarily true. There isn't an OPFOR equivalent for the Sandstorm for instance, nor is there a BLUFOR equivalent to the Mi-48 and yet the current MP plays just fine.

Seeing as how neither the real life Russian Armed Forces or the PLA have entertained the idea of VTOL choppers, I don't really see why BI would feel like they're under pressure to give CSAT a VTOL chopper equivalent to "balance" things (I could be wrong though).

People complaining about Tanoa pretty much costing like 30 bucks. On the other side of the world we have Train Simulator where 2 train retextures cost you 15€ and a truckton of people are buying it.

• Like 7

People complaining about Tanoa pretty much costing like 30 bucks. On the other side of the world we have Train Simulator where 2 train retextures cost you 15€ and a truckton of people are buying it.

Dont forget Star Wars BAttelfront 10€ = 2 emotes (1 for when you win a match and 1 for when you get hit by a ion grenade -.-)

Seeing as how neither the real life Russian Armed Forces or the PLA have entertained the idea of VTOL choppers, I don't really see why BI would feel like they're under pressure to give CSAT a VTOL chopper equivalent to "balance" things (I could be wrong though).

I wouldn't be averse to CSAT getting a VTOL of the design depicted in that screencap if the flight performance reflected the difference in what appears to be a ducted fan design...

Any hint about the weapons? I personally hope we get some sort of an Ak.

Any hint about the weapons? I personally hope we get some sort of an Ak.

None to date, only that they're in Apex under Content Licensing like the Marksmen DLC weapons.

again,   just Tanoa worth € 30, the vegetation worth â‚¬ 30.... with this addition all terrain makers have endless scenarios.  the magnitude of this expansion is HUGE .

• Like 2

again,   just Tanoa worth € 30, the vegetations worth â‚¬ 30.... with this addition all terrain makers have endless scenarios.  the magnitude of this expansion is HUGE .

Yep, alot of people forget about that. Can't wait too create missions with all the new objects and structures.

• Like 2

Oh, sorry, i forgot to mention. BI had created a few weapons in Marksman DLC that they held back for Expansion. Just a heads up for those who forgot.

Also, the PLA have sort of entertained the idea of a VTOL. I think it was code named Blue Whale or something like that, but, i doubt we'll see something like that. I personally dislike the design of it. BI's concepts are much more attractive.

On another note, i may be slightly worried BI are going to follow the same kinda of Balancing act they did for the Vanilla release. Every faction get's a bit of the same exact equipment. Rather than diversity in equipment which could provide alternative pro's and con's to each item, making it interesting to select certain gear over the other instead of just grabbing the matching counter to what the enemy has.

Only now I realized how much is view obstructed on concept art on the cockpit.Bigger windows please : D

BI devs, we see what you did there  :P

chqbHcS.jpg

told you osprey meets ep7 stormtrooper

Also, the PLA have sort of entertained the idea of a VTOL. I think it was code named Blue Whale or something like that

The "Blue Whale" was merely another one of AVIC's vaporware concepts that were never commissioned or requested by the PLA. Nothing similar to it has been shown ever since because the PLA has no interest with VTOLs in the first place.

I would think that we'd be more likely to see another Mil/Kamov or CAIC/Harbin hybrid chopper with coaxial rotors or with ducted fans like Chortles said instead of a quadrotor Osprey clone to act as CSAT's heavy troop lifter (even though the Taru technically fills that place with its pod capability).

That's if we get a OPFOR VTOL though.

• Like 1

I would think that we'd be more likely to see another Mil/Kamov or CAIC/Harbin hybrid chopper with coaxial rotors or with ducted fans like Chortles said instead of a quadrotor Osprey clone to act as CSAT's heavy troop lifter

Thank god for that... however, i skill kinda really hope they go with this badboy.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/cool-tech/www-digitaltrends-comcool-techu-s-department-of-defense-soldiers-flying-hoverbikes/#/12

At least for infantry units. Would be especially awesome with the old MH-6 Flight model.

As for the VTOL concept with small windows...

- C-17-Globemaster.jpg

-chqbHcS.jpg

It kinda makes me feel like it's bigger than the original Osprey, which is good. It's got dual rotors which probably means it is a bigger version. The cannon on the side also has me hyped. (for those who can't see the cannon, not the thing on the front, but to the right side angled downward)

• Like 1

Doesn't have to be a cannon though.. it can be all kind of things like another radar thing maybe

Doesn't have to be a cannon though.. it can be all kind of things like another radar thing maybe

very, very unlikely. I know a decent bit about aircraft, but that's defiantly not radar related. It would be too much drag. You can't place proper cannon on an aircraft to reduce drag unless it's forward facing. If it's out to the side like that, it's gotta be some weapon system. I would assume a Cannon, it'd be pointless to put anything else there. There Camera's and censors are already on the front and bottom sides. I honestly, do hope that's a cannon, 30mm, BAE Systems 40mm even. It's about time we got a real gunship.

very, very unlikely. I know a decent bit about aircraft, but that's defiantly not radar related. It would be too much drag. You can't place proper cannon on an aircraft to reduce drag unless it's forward facing. If it's out to the side like that, it's gotta be some weapon system. I would assume a Cannon, it'd be pointless to put anything else there. There Camera's and censors are already on the front and bottom sides. I honestly, do hope that's a cannon, 30mm, BAE Systems 40mm even. It's about time we got a real gunship.

Looking at the picture that seems rather impossible, if you look closly you can see some reference of the pilots in the cocpit, having that "cannon" on that spot woul mean that the gunner has to go prone to reach it let alone use it properly, if you look by example at a spooky gunschip

AC-130H_Spectre_%282152981898%29.jpg

it looks like its low but acctually the weapon systems are on a proper hight for use. it only looks as if they are low from the outside. with this new VTOl that is not possible because the pilot size is roughly the same as in the osprey making it roughly the same size therfore it is impossible it has the same layout as a gunship that is allot larger.

A doorgun on it also seems unlikly

V-22_Osprey-02.jpg

seeing the posittion of the soldier in the door a doorgun would have to be mouted either just outside (which migh conflict with the rotors) or inside. but than stil it would have to be allot higher than in that picture

So the only reasons I can think of that thing there is if it is in some way instrument related or if the concept artist of BIS had to snees for a moment while photoshopping the original osprey picture ;)

No. If you own Arma 3, you get the "Engine Update" free... granted if there even is one for that matter... You must be thinking about the visual update? Yes, that's free. however, you don't pay, you don't get Tanoa or any of the *content*.

That's your own choice ;-) If you get the DLC/Expansion you will get Tanoa and it's perks(Vehicles, weapons, faction and so on). If not: you do get the "regular" engine/game updates and all extra new features (Like Fire from vehicles and weapons resting like in the past DLC's).

Like said it is everybody's own choice, this DLC has alot of good stuff and must say it is worth the money so far as I can see, they have been working on this DLC for a long time now.

Send with mobile

Thanks guys.