Sign in to follow this  
RozekPoland

transitionsSimple

transitionsSimple[]={}; is a part of CfgMovesMC in Config.bin/cpp. I am curious what it is and what is the usage of it. I haven't found any details about it on the forums and on BIKI. transitionsSimple consists of a huge number of animations that come one after another (in a logical sequence). I would like to know what is the importance of it and what is its influence for custom-made animations to make them work fine.

• Like 1

Sorry I didn't see this sooner. But I think my reply is relevant. 

It's a list of animations that "flow" into and out of each other. At first glance it seems like a long string of info, like one massive sentence.

But a closer look shows that there are distinct groupings, or blocks.

Example:

"Combat","CombatReloadMagazine",2,"CombatReloadMagazine","Combat",2,

Put simply, this tells the engine that "Combat" flows directly into "Combatreloadmagazine", and back again, when you reload.

The numerical values after the animation state don't seem to have an appreciable effect on their own. None that I noticed at least.

Of course that begs the question; why bother if the states in CfgMoves already have entries for connectTo[] and connectFrom[]?

And which takes precedence? I don't know to be honest.

The connections are laid out in a sequential fashion. Which is easier/faster to read than editing each state. With that said, I've rarely done much with it.

• Like 1