icebreakr

[IceBreakr/IBIS] Isla Abramia for A3

Oh cmon, BIS renamed the textures or even removed them? That does it... :/

• Like 1

Oh cmon, BIS renamed the textures or even removed them? That does it... :/

They really like screwing over mod makers...

• Like 1

They really like screwing over mod makers...

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. The visual upgrade has been on the dev branch for quite a while. I know people love to whine immediately when something doesn't work, but put your dick back in your pants and keep calm.

• Like 1

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. The visual upgrade has been on the dev branch for quite a while. I know people love to whine immediately when something doesn't work, but put your dick back in your pants and keep calm.

I've used the map on the dev branch prior to launch, didn't have that issue. While it looks better in some aspects in others it looks worse and immersion breaking. Also my dick wasn't out. I had my pitchfork in hand.

Hehe - you have not known true terror until you become an Arma modder and see a new update start to download on Steam.  :P

• Like 2

Hehe - you have not known true terror until you become an Arma modder and see a new update start to download on Steam.  :P

I've used the map on the dev branch prior to launch, didn't have that issue. While it looks better in some aspects in others it looks worse and immersion breaking. Also my dick wasn't out. I had my pitchfork in hand.

Updates bring improvements, fixes and often changes. Its the advantage of getting new features, addons may break or need tweaking its the norm. Im sure Icebreakr will sort the issues. Now lets get back on topic ;)

• Like 2

I've been modding arma since the arma 2 days. Maybe I'm not as active anymore, but I know downloading the dev branch ahead of stable release is usually a good way to prepare.

• Like 3

Hi Icebreakr,

First of all thank you for awesome maps you are making!

Can you please give us few words about overall progress on Isla Abramia? Maybe some estimates?

Hi Icebreakr,

First of all thank you for awesome maps you are making!

Can you please give us few words about overall progress on Isla Abramia? Maybe some estimates?

I believe IceBreakr is still on vacation. So he is making much progress atm.

Abramia itself won't get any major updates, nothing planned ahead. Just a fix for 1.60 skies & lighting.

• Like 4

Abramia itself won't get any major updates, nothing planned ahead. Just a fix for 1.60 skies & lighting.

That's a shame i think this has the potential to be best out there (even better than Tanoa) it does need a lot of work especially in terms of adding buildings you can see a lot of gaps ! roads that lead to nothing, too much landscape so few cities ! underground access , hidden spots etc etc, I wish you the best of luck I know how much work terrains can be ! but the same time we will have problems getting players attracted to this map so sadly we have to ditch and maybe go back to esseker or wait on Taviana or some other new map! 

That's a shame i think this has the potential to be best out there (even better than Tanoa) it does need a lot of work especially in terms of adding buildings you can see a lot of gaps ! roads that lead to nothing, too much landscape so few cities ! underground access , hidden spots etc etc, I wish you the best of luck I know how much work terrains can be ! but the same time we will have problems getting players attracted to this map so sadly we have to ditch and maybe go back to esseker or wait on Taviana or some other new map! 

All i can suggest is that you be patient and wait for the update, addon making is a hobby for most addon makers. If your not happy with the maps, you can always make your own ;)

• Like 4

AggroOnTV: you're one of "those" guys that offer donation options on your servers and using free stuff that you annoy modmakers all the time? You sure sound like one... my motivation to do ANY work on maps goes down the drain with attitude like that. I didn't see any of your maps so far?

• Like 5

Icebreakr, I noticed you had some open areas on the nap where roads dead end into concrete or a flat space. Are you planning on putting stuff there or leaving it open for mission makers?

Those places are intended for camps - 3den ones.

• Like 2

Those places are intended for camps - 3den ones.

Alright! Thank you for doing that.

AggroOnTV: you're one of "those" guys that offer donation options on your servers and using free stuff that you annoy modmakers all the time? You sure sound like one... my motivation to do ANY work on maps goes down the drain with attitude like that. I didn't see any of your maps so far?

No no donations, and I don't know how that has anything to do with this conversation ? I am not sure why mod makers are so damn sensitive in the arma community, you said there is no major plans for this map and I give you my opinion of it , it needs to have a major update for it to be successful map. I am giving you my opinion as a player also if you want it to be successful which I assume you want it to be because nobody wants to spend hours for nothing. So I don't know why the negativity ? clearly you don't want feedback from someone who played the game for years and knows the community well!! It needs major cities/town update ! And you wont see me modding for Arma 3 my landscape efforts are going in UE4 instead I see more value in that engine so I am dedicating my time there!

So this one refers to my post about asking about the open areas and empty roads. It's meant for mission makers, and server owners to add their own stuff in.

No no donations, and I don't know how that has anything to do with this conversation ? I am not sure why mod makers are so damn sensitive in the arma community, you said there is no major plans for this map and I give you my opinion of it , it needs to have a major update for it to be successful map. I am giving you my opinion as a player also if you want it to be successful which I assume you want it to be because nobody wants to spend hours for nothing. So I don't know why the negativity ? clearly you don't want feedback from someone who played the game for years and knows the community well!! It needs major cities/town update ! And you wont see me modding for Arma 3 my landscape efforts are going in UE4 instead I see more value in that engine so I am dedicating my time there!

Reason he asked that is because you come across as someone who thinks only their opinion matters or that you don't realize the amount of effort that goes into creating the terrains that Icebreakr does. Let alone think about how many maps he has to update for this new lighting/texture change that came out. Lingor, Isla Duala, Panthera, and Abramia (I probably missed some.) Also probably the reason he seems 'sensitive' as  you put it.

If you're putting your effort into an engine you feel has better potential then do that and don't criticize what you don't know about terrain making in a different engine.

• Like 1

So this one refers to my post about asking about the open areas and empty roads. It's meant for mission makers, and server owners to add their own stuff in.

Reason he asked that is because you come across as someone who thinks only their opinion matters or that you don't realize the amount of effort that goes into creating the terrains that Icebreakr does. Let alone think about how many maps he has to update for this new lighting/texture change that came out. Lingor, Isla Duala, Panthera, and Abramia (I probably missed some.) Also probably the reason he seems 'sensitive' as  you put it.

If you're putting your effort into an engine you feel has better potential then do that and don't criticize what you don't know about terrain making in a different engine.

Ok first of all there is a difference between criticizing and voicing opinion, so I start saying "that's a shame i think this has the potential to be best out there (even better than Tanoa)" and this is not positive? when I put "I wish you the best of luck I know how much work terrains can be " you still tell me I dont know how much work he put? lol do you even read what others put first ? if you want to be successful at something you must take feedback good or bad and mine was hardly bad!!! but it seems like a sad old community is what this is turning into, cant handle little feedback!! bunch of little girls that cry about someone giving valid reasons    so you don't agree with my point as the map has potential ? well its clear that you  think it doesn't need major update? so don't take my opinion, go to A3 launcher and see how many servers are running this mod then compare to others and I wont name them, but compare to others that are 50% in development or even ones that have terminated development! you will see the numbers, Just to be clear I actually think this version or this map is better than all the others you mentioned above (lingor, panthera etc)  again if you don't like my opinion before you make comment go do little research count how many servers use what maps then criticize my opinion when you have something to go by! I wished him luck and gave my reasons to why i think the map is not attracting a lot of heat for something that will 'Not get major update" it should be attracting a lot more , to be honest I dont see anything wrong with what I said, and I don't care how it's taken any more!

Ok first of all there is a difference between criticizing and voicing opinion, so I start saying "that's a shame i think this has the potential to be best out there (even better than Tanoa)" and this is not positive? when I put "I wish you the best of luck I know how much work terrains can be " you still tell me I dont know how much work he put? lol do you even read what others put first ? if you want to be successful at something you must take feedback good or bad and mine was hardly bad!!! but it seems like a sad old community is what this is turning into, cant handle little feedback!! bunch of little girls that cry about someone giving valid reasons    so you don't agree with my point as the map has potential ? well its clear that you  think it doesn't need major update? so don't take my opinion, go to A3 launcher and see how many servers are running this mod then compare to others and I wont name them, but compare to others that are 50% in development or even ones that have terminated development! you will see the numbers, Just to be clear I actually think this version or this map is better than all the others you mentioned above (lingor, panthera etc)  again if you don't like my opinion before you make comment go do little research count how many servers use what maps then criticize my opinion when you have something to go by! I wished him luck and gave my reasons to why i think the map is not attracting a lot of heat for something that will 'Not get major update" it should be attracting a lot more , to be honest I dont see anything wrong with what I said, and I don't care how it's taken any more!

Offtopic:

So lets start by saying that you're jumping to conclusions, not once did I say anything about your comments being negative. I agree this terrain has great potential. As for it not getting used or viewed as much on A3Launcher, well there are other ways to search  for severs so in  essence your 'research' is skewed and biased to those servers that are able to be viewed on that launcher. Also if you're  going to give feedback be a little more specific. Coordinates/Locations you think that the map is too bare and could use some improvements. I don't know how Icebreakr is with suggestions but maybe you could put something together in the editor and post a Screenshot so he can better visual it. Feed back is great, but sometimes it helps to be a little more specific. I agree this map needs to be updated with the new Lighting and textures that BI released, however it's coming.

TLDRL Before jumping down someone else's throat, take your own advice and see it as opinion or someone trying to explain something to you without taking it as an attack.

On topic:

Keep doing what you do Icebreakr. Looking forward to seeing this beauty with the upgraded textures/lighting.

Simply put, you sound like a demanding college kid trying to run a server and have problems because the mod maker isn't "fixing" it fast enough for your liking.  Case in point:

I am reading that you are dictating conditions to Ice that you (and your "community" or whomever "WE" is referring to) will no longer play with Ice's mod unless he fixes it.

Now Engrish may not be your first language so it may be a translation issue (my wife speaks English as a 2nd language so I understand) however it translates so that the MESSAGE DELIVERED sounds like a "demand", and boy he damn sure better fix it soon!  Because it would break his heart to know that someone can no longer play his map because of the so-called PROBLEMS.  I mean it is such a shitty map that he may just have to delete it and stop supporting it completely.  It certainly isn't playable as-is.

Why are mod makers so sensitive?  Simply put, its because of fukwits like you that whine and moan in their posts.  Let me tell you something there kiddo... I spent an entire day yesterday - until 10:00 PM last night - troubleshooting a problem with a driver turnout position.  AN ENTIRE FUCKING DAY.  FOR A DRIVER TURNOUT PROBLEM.  How much did I get paid?  ZERO. ZILCH. NADA.  So is someone going to tell me "good job it is fixed"?  NOPE.  Someone is certainly going to ask "IS IT FIXED YET?  BECAUSE SADLY IT IS UNPLAYABLE WITH THE CURRENT PROBLEMS".  Yep.  So you could show a little bit of appreciation and realize that people don't have their entire lives to slave over their creations to satiate whiny little bitches who will most certainly start whining about something else.  Respect.

There are no deadlines.  There are no requirements.  The mod makers can and will fix and develop more goodies for you at their own pace.  Quit yer bitchin, Nancy!  Click that little link in my sig line that says "fandom is broken".  That is there for YOU!!!

SO.  By your own admission you're not even going to contribute to the community, but OH BOY the people that do better hurry the fuck up and fix it NOW DAMMIT!  Well, I invite you to go away and simply leave the community alone.  We'll manage without you, I'm afraid.  Oh yes, somehow.  It will be tough for a while but I'm certain we will pull through.  Just GTFO.

Now back on topic - ICE THE MAP LOOKS GREAT!  GOOD JOB DELIVERING THE BEST DAMN MAPS OUT THERE FOR THE ARMA COMMUNITY!  MY GROUP LOVES YOUR MAP AND IF IT HAS ROUGH EDGES IN SOME AREA'S, WE WILL DEAL WITH IT!  :D

• Like 10

My team loves the map too and we don't care about this server attractivity problematic.

Simply put, you sound like a demanding college kid trying to run a server and have problems because the mod maker isn't "fixing" it fast enough for your liking.  Case in point:

I am reading that you are dictating conditions to Ice that you (and your "community" or whomever "WE" is referring to) will no longer play with Ice's mod unless he fixes it.

Now Engrish may not be your first language so it may be a translation issue (my wife speaks English as a 2nd language so I understand) however it translates so that the MESSAGE DELIVERED sounds like a "demand", and boy he damn sure better fix it soon!  Because it would break his heart to know that someone can no longer play his map because of the so-called PROBLEMS.  I mean it is such a shitty map that he may just have to delete it and stop supporting it completely.  It certainly isn't playable as-is.

Why are mod makers so sensitive?  Simply put, its because of fukwits like you that whine and moan in their posts.  Let me tell you something there kiddo... I spent an entire day yesterday - until 10:00 PM last night - troubleshooting a problem with a driver turnout position.  AN ENTIRE FUCKING DAY.  FOR A DRIVER TURNOUT PROBLEM.  How much did I get paid?  ZERO. ZILCH. NADA.  So is someone going to tell me "good job it is fixed"?  NOPE.  Someone is certainly going to ask "IS IT FIXED YET?  BECAUSE SADLY IT IS UNPLAYABLE WITH THE CURRENT PROBLEMS".  Yep.  So you could show a little bit of appreciation and realize that people don't have their entire lives to slave over their creations to satiate whiny little bitches who will most certainly start whining about something else.  Respect.

There are no deadlines.  There are no requirements.  The mod makers can and will fix and develop more goodies for you at their own pace.  Quit yer bitchin, Nancy!  Click that little link in my sig line that says "fandom is broken".  That is there for YOU!!!

SO.  By your own admission you're not even going to contribute to the community, but OH BOY the people that do better hurry the fuck up and fix it NOW DAMMIT!  Well, I invite you to go away and simply leave the community alone.  We'll manage without you, I'm afraid.  Oh yes, somehow.  It will be tough for a while but I'm certain we will pull through.  Just GTFO.

Now back on topic - ICE THE MAP LOOKS GREAT!  GOOD JOB DELIVERING THE BEST DAMN MAPS OUT THERE FOR THE ARMA COMMUNITY!  MY GROUP LOVES YOUR MAP AND IF IT HAS ROUGH EDGES IN SOME AREA'S, WE WILL DEAL WITH IT!  :D

lol really? my reaction was not to demand anything fast, english might not be my first language but it would seem you have problems reading english if that is me demanding things fast, then you are wrong . it was a reaction to this map not needing a major update , it was if anything a passionate feedback that for some reason made you butt hurt. And i am not dictating  anything I am simply telling my side of the story why it won't work for what we need, now if communities feedback is not important then fine so be it ! but who is the map really created for then? you? do you host a server with this mod? if so how many players you have on it?  If i come across as an angry kid you are coming across as sensitive little girls ! For a map that is near complete or not going to get any major updates I thought I would share the reasons why I THINK it really deserves an update and why I like this map more than any other ice breaker created! I thought I would share my opinion to why a good looking landscape is only attracting 2 servers (even before Arma update or sky issue). Now stop being a little girl and trying to make my feedback look bad then finish off with saying how much you love it to make yourself look good, and instead give me a server you host or play on with this mod so I can be correct myself and my comment here, maybe i am wrong there are server(s) with 20+ plus players playing this out there? then I would believe you and others the problem is in my community and retract my feedback maybe ! 

I simply saw an issue and tried to give my opinion about it , if you like it or don't it's not my problem if you want to have discussion prove me wrong by providing numbers stats ... END!