johnnyboy

jpg not found for mission in dedicated server mission browser

My custom mission's jpg appears fine in the "Create Game" mission browser when I create a local LAN server.  But when I run the mission in the Dedicated Server, the picture does not appear when you select the mission.  It gives a "x.jpg not found" error.  Mission is still selectable and playable though.

The pictures for other missions in the mission browser all work.

Any idea what the problem is?

It's a known engine limitation, nothing you can do about it so far I know, except something has changed about hat recently. There should also be a ticket on the feedback tracker.

@johnnyboy Did you ever solve this issue? It just happened to me for the first time yesterday and I don't get it. I never had this problem before. The loading image shows just fine, so clearly the game has no real problem finding the image. It's just the error is new (and only happens when selecting the mission on a dedicated server) and is kinda bugging me.

@HeroesandvillainsOS, sorry dude, I don't remember, but I don't think I did anything to solve it.  I also don't think I have the problem any more (my original problem was when creating a LAN server, not a dedicated server).

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

@HeroesandvillainsOS, sorry dude, I don't remember, but I don't think I did anything to solve it.  I also don't think I have the problem any more (my original problem was when creating a LAN server, not a dedicated server).

It's ok. I appreciate the reply. I think I messed up by posting in the area I did (I really should have asked in Troubleshooting and not in Servers and Admins), so when I saw this thread when googling, I figured it was with a shot.

Thanks for the quick response.

• Like 1