I have been patient. It was a question in regards to the scripting, not the addon itself, I should have been more clear. Not trying to rush anything at all. I just enjoy seeing what kind of new developments the team has made

The team is just as excited for the bird as you, I assure you lots of stuff is being done, just not posted on here. Thanks for the support and excitement man :)

Looks like just a rock solid mod!! the Marine milsim communities have no doubt been waiting for this particular helicopter to fill its proper role in operations. Good stuff!!!

~Rob

• Like 3

I see that the back ramp is a two parter and you can open them seperately. But is there a way to open them both simultaneously?

I see that the back ramp is a two parter and you can open them seperately. But is there a way to open them both simultaneously?

At this moment - nope. I will even remove some irreleveant actions to declutter mouse wheel interface, so adding one more is not acceptable. I can consider binding of keystrokes to the ramp actions in order to make opening/closing the ramp easy and fast for such cases when the heli is manned by pilot only. Also, it is possible that upper part may be bound with lower part so whenever lower part is leveling the upper part is opening as well.

• Like 1

At this moment - nope. I will even remove some irreleveant actions to declutter mouse wheel interface, so adding one more is not acceptable. I can consider binding of keystrokes to the ramp actions in order to make opening/closing the ramp easy and fast for such cases when the heli is manned by pilot only. Also, it is possible that upper part may be bound with lower part so whenever lower part is leveling the upper part is opening as well.

Yeah thats what I meant mate

• Like 1

Short test of weather effect on heli's performance with using ACE weather system. Ambient temperature @ 24 deg of C could decrease the Knight's engines performance down by 40 %. Also, it was quite interesting seeing nearby smoke going through rotors. It was simple representation of an airflow computed in AFM, I guess (?).

By the way, positional lighting was reverted to its first config, however there are still some issues that looks sometimes ok:

pkApeiO.jpg

But usually not so good:

sRu06rm.jpg

• Like 7

There is something wrong nightintruder. Newmass should be the same with the helomass.

There is something wrong nightintruder. Newmass should be the same with the helomass.

Nope :) I'd heavily changed your script so the new result represents data fed by ACE. Actually, the "newmass" doesn't mean "newmass" at all, atm. Everything script-wise is OK and thanks for help with it, mate! :)

• Like 1

Nope :) I'd heavily changed your script so the new results represents data fed by ACE. Actually, the "newmass" doesn't mean "newmass" at all, atm. Everything script-wise is OK and thanks for help with it, mate! :)

Ah gotcha! Hope we see a release soon guys!

24*C is around 75*F. Thst is awesome weather for aircraft engines. The colder the better to improve performance. As the temp rises performance degrades. Also taking into account density altitude, humidity, actual altitude. 40% decrease in performance at 24*C at sea level seems like a lot for a dual engine aircraft. I would expect that decrease at around 32-36*C. I'm not a pilot, but this is my observation from my current job in aviation. Just wanting to clarify if you will adjust the decrease in performance with temperature across a wider range? Awesome work and j can't wait to fly this helo.

• Like 2

24*C is around 75*F. Thst is awesome weather for aircraft engines. 

Whatever I put into the AFM, it came from several official publications, mainly from original CH-46 Pilot Manual, Chapter 18 Performance Data. According to the manual's table, the best ambient temperature for best engines performance of the CH-46 is at 0-5 deg of C (which is the same what you've already said, by the way). And, yes I was wrong as I just roughly estimated that percentage. Just looked into the table again, and it seems that the drop in performance @24 deg of C is lower, like 25-28%. Of course the system is sort of simplified for obvious reasons, bu you were perfectly right 

Anyway, the weather impact is taking into account wider range of temperatures according to this curve: http://forums.bistudio.com/topic/191868-help-needed-to-get-in-a-script-curve-like-increase-not-linear-one/.

Humidity impact is to be added by someone else unless I get a help from guy who's programmer and knows SQF very well. Actual altitude impact on engines performance is already covered by the game engine via config, so no need to reinvent the wheel. To be honest, I ain't gonna make DCS flight model. The main intent is to create tighter cooperation between troops and pilots, more interactions while planning and conducting heli infil/exfil and to give virtual pilots better idea what real pilots deal with. It's not always flat LZ enough to accommodate the heli and possible enemy actions :)

I love it and thanks for the response. You have really put a lot of time and thought into this mod. Thanks for taking into consideration everyone's input.

Reed

• Like 2

Flew aid into Tanoa with the Knight and did a few med evacs ;) Firewills Naval Air Crew really go well with this

2F4F25230116BBCCEEF933595FBF273889E5DA05

C7FDC8E82916FDD3C0244CD34D38E73428ACA8C9

71C3C53B6A0E4427FEA1E99E957C001A7878516E

8F6FB45876F5A1A668A7C1089670BF59EEE3B67A

• Like 6

omg its lovely plz give it to us. ahaha I may not have a group to fly with i just want to fly it :D looks awesome

omg its lovely plz give it to us. ahaha I may not have a group to fly with i just want to fly it :D looks awesome

Still some stuff to do, mostly bug fixes, and then you will have it! NightIntruder has done such a nice job, I almost took a poop in my pants the first time I flew it because it was so nice! haha

Still some stuff to do, mostly bug fixes, and then you will have it! NightIntruder has done such a nice job, I almost took a poop in my pants the first time I flew it because it was so nice! haha

Can't wait. Also with some of the new ships being made they will go well together. 

Really nice pictures there. I especially like how the crew chiefs in the door gunner spots are leaning way outside to get a better look down below. Will they automatically be doing that or is that by a script or something?

@snowingjimbob

It's a crew position. Can be taken by either AI or a player. Also, either one can be switched to that position using scripting command.

@flanders25

Nice shots, mate! Good heavens, have you been flying in basic FM?!  The world is ending... :D You've missed one visual feature then which is rotors blades bending under a load.

• Like 1

@snowingjimbob

It's a crew position. Can be taken by either AI or a player. Also, either one can be switched to that position using scripting command.

@flanders25

Nice shots, mate! Good heavens, have you been flying in basic FM?!  The world is ending... :D You've missed one visual feature then which is rotors blades bending under a load.

I did fly in AFM a bit, but I need more practice with that before I can take screenshots, unless people want to see the Knight on fire dropping like a rock.. :D lol I'm a sucky pilot.
  • Like 2

looking real nice guys.

btw which proxy are u using for the spotlight cones? they look great.

looking real nice guys.

btw which proxy are u using for the spotlight cones? they look great.

Thanks! They're simply landing lights from BIS sample. They're gonna be reworked in high fidelity version of the heli, tho.

• Like 2