CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP Terrains

Any other addons loaded ? Anything in the RPT file ? What objects are you placing ? Any errors while placing them ? 

Also the question, any other addons in use ? 

Please remember to use our bug tracker.

Hi, will already used the bug tracker ( http://dev.cup-arma3.org/T1179). We use a Linux dedicated server with several mods (ace3, TFAR, CBA, othe content mods working fine with the eden update, I can give you a complete list if you want), but we tried to remove all external contents except CUP Terrain and it seems to be the problem. The mission is working fine, but if we place any object from CUP terrain, all slots disappear when launching the mission on our server...

Hi, will already used the bug tracker ( http://dev.cup-arma3.org/T1179). We use a Linux dedicated server with several mods, but we tried to remove all external contents except CUP Terrain and it seems to be the problem. The mission is working fine, but if we place any object from CUP terrain, all slots disappear when launching the mission on our server...

Ok, in that case, you simply have to be patient. The bugs are worked on, but we take them on as they come and at our own pace.

You can help by adding an appropriate RPT file to the bug report (assuming it's this one).

Yup, I was just pointing the fact that someone had the same problem and asking him if he had also a Linux server ! We thought it was a very mysterious bug, ahahah...

I'll ask my friend if he has the RPT file.  ;)

The objects were never intended to be used in Editor for mission building. We simply added the classes for Map Builder and X-Cam (infact we just copied the Map Builder classes). That was clearly a mistake as most people seem to thought they can use them in editor. We will most likely remove all objects without proper classes in the next TP update (and may expose the depreciate classes in an seperate "Editor Upgrade"-style addon). Sorry for the inconvenience.

• Like 1

The objects were never intended to be used in Editor for mission building. We simply added the classes for Map Builder and X-Cam (infact we just copied the Map Builder classes). That was clearly a mistake as most people seem to thought they can use them in editor. We will most likely remove all objects without proper classes in the next TP update (and may expose the depreciate classes in an seperate "Editor Upgrade"-style addon). Sorry for the inconvenience.

Yes I thought so, since AiA objects were eden compatible I was sure that CUP was Eden ready. I don't mean to annoy you, but do you have any idea of the release date for these ?

Yes I thought so, since AiA objects were eden compatible I was sure that CUP was Eden ready. I don't mean to annoy you, but do you have any idea of the release date for these ?

Sorry for jumping in here but I'm going to assume the CUP team follows the Arma standard for release dates... either "When it's ready" or "Soonâ„¢"

• Like 3

Asking for updates is frowned upon on these forums, asking is considered spam as per the forum rules.

CUP Team will release the update when its ready and not before.  ;)

Asking for updates is frowned upon on these forums, asking is considered spam as per the forum rules.

CUP Team will release the update when its ready and not before.  ;)

I already know that, my question was not the good one.

I meant to say : Are you going to work on this like it's a top priority or is it going to take more time ?

I already know that, my question was not the good one.

I meant to say : Are you going to work on this like it's a top priority or is it going to take more time ?

Nice try, haha.

• Like 3

Is there a way to spawn the LHD from the Utes map on other maps? I couldn't find it in the config.

Is there a way to spawn the LHD from the Utes map on other maps? I couldn't find it in the config.

You need CUP Vehicle, which has a LHD (former Atlas LHD) in it!

There is a LHD on Utes. It is not the same as the LHD from the vehicle pack. I'm just asking for the Name of the Object in the config so i can spawn it anywhere.

Does anyone know if there is any parachute object of an "ejected and landed" parachute which you can ad as an object on the ground for enhancing the immersion of when the mission starts like if you where a paratrooper? I cannot find any in the CUP objects anyway. Anybody knowing any mod of this or similar?

Thx

Does anyone know if there is any parachute object of an "ejected and landed" parachute which you can ad as an object on the ground for enhancing the immersion of when the mission starts like if you where a paratrooper? I cannot find any in the CUP objects anyway. Anybody knowing any mod of this or similar?

Thx

I44 had that IIRC. Never seen it elsewhere but it's an excellent request idea ! 

I44 had that IIRC. Never seen it elsewhere but it's an excellent request idea ! 

Except it has nothing to do with the terrain pack and better goes in the general "Request an addon"-thread here in the BIF ;)

Why TP objects are not available in Zeus? Is it by design? (I was considering making a config with just scopeCurator = 2 everywhere.

I will shamelessly bump the question as it got lost in the posts.

Does @CUP_Terrains work with other old ArmA 2 maps like @A3MP? 

The specific maps i'm referencing are Podagorsk and Fallujah. 

Does @CUP_Terrains work with other old ArmA 2 maps like @A3MP? 

The specific maps i'm referencing are Podagorsk and Fallujah. 

Yes, that is the purpose of the CUP TP. Playing terrains made for A1/A2 in A3.

Just install the terrains as you would do with A2.

Yes, that is the purpose of the CUP TP. Playing terrains made for A1/A2 in A3.

Just install the terrains as you would do with A2.

Fantastic, thanks! 

What objects exactly are we talking about here? Where do they show up in the editor? Just asking so that I make sure I don't use them by accident.

Sorry if answered already. On my phone and cbf searching.

Does cup terrains in its current state fix the ground texture (bug?) That was introduced in one of the recent a3 patches? If not will it be fixed in next update?

Can provide screenshot later if needed.

Cheers

Hmmm, this might have been adressed but i have to ask...

weres the 5T trucks?!?

I don't assume 5T trucks is an island, so wrong thread :)

There is really no point in asking for stuff. The rules are pretty simple.

if it was in Arma 2 or its expansions or DLC'S, then the answer is "eventually" (unless the answer is "already released"). If it wasn't in either, then the answer is a resounding "maybe", "possibly" or "we'll port it if/when someone donates it". 

• Like 1