Sign in to follow this  
vPzBtl33_Hunger

Propably wrong SatMap / LayerMask size, HELP NEEDED

Salute Community!

Before I'll explain my problem, sorry for my bad english. To generally inform you about my project, this is what I have right now:

Planned project terrain size: 5000m x 5000m

Hightmap resolution: 2480px x 2480px

SATMap resolution: 13920px x 13920px

LayerMask resolution: 13920px x13920px

P-Drive ist set up correctly, all my configs are safe, everything imported to TerrainBuilder. 

Now my question:

Is ist possible to work with such a SAT/Layer resolution in TB or will it cause heavy problems?

And IF it is possible:

what do I have to put in the mapframe properties to have a working and qualitatively high result?

Mapframe properties:

Terrain Sampler

Grid Size:

Cell Size (m)

Terrain Size (m)

Sattelite/Surface (mask) source image:

Size (px):

Resolution (m/px)

Sattelite/Surface (mask) tiles:

Size (px):

Desired overlap:

Texture Layer:

Size (m):

Please help me, as I have the feeling, that scaling down my Layermask will mix the colored pixels and destroy it...

GS Hunger

Hello,

I don't know if you still need help with this,  

I suggest you give a look at this tables:  http://tactical.nekromantix.com/wiki/doku.php?id=arma:terrain:grid_cell_size  it's kinda dated but still good, just keep in mind in TB you can also use a 8192 grid.

Anyway, I am also working on a terrain of that size so I thought I'd share my settings: I chose to go for 5,12 Km  (4096 grid,  cellsize 1.25)  in order to keep the texture Layer size to 40.00 x 40.00 which apparently is the optimal one :P   

I don't know if you need such a high grid value, I needed to dig small ditches all around, if you don't have particular ground-sculpting requirements I think 2048 grid and 2,5 cell should be more than fine.

Resolution of sat is 1px/m (which means 5120x5120 image is needed) and so are mask and normal map, altough I import them at higher resolution (x2 pixels, still not sure if it gains a bit of quality when rescaled inside TB rather than importing them at 1px/m already, maybe someone can confirm?)

You can find out much more googling things such "arma 3 terrain grid size" :)

Cheers!