pixelmonkey

Dawn of a new Arma Life RPG - [We need your support]

Background Information
For the past year and a half, I've been working on building and bringing together a server community. I've been a frequent Arma Life player (mainly Takistan Life, when it was still based in Arma 2), so I have a strong passion for RP game modes. I have tried and failed many times in the process but it hasn't discouraged me, I am still motivated to reach my goal. While playing on popular Taki Life, and Altis Life servers I felt that something was missing. Although I loved the chaotic environment of Takistan Life, and the never ending mischief of terror bombings and police shenanigans, it got quite old after a while. My main goal for this project is to create a profitless RP community that thrives and is sustained by passionate members, yet can still be fun and interesting for beginners. I plan on making this a modded Life RPG, though I am completely liberal to the idea, and if that isn't what you guys want, then I am willing to listen to your voices. However, keep in mind that this 'proposal' is based around a modded Life.

Overview
I plan to significantly increase the amount of content for the civilian faction, in order to boost interest for that particular faction so that players will be more motivated to be part of the carefully designed economic system I plan to implement. Furthermore, I plan to add a level system, or some sort of skill based stat chart that will enable players to access certain features that will only be available to sufficiently experienced players (ie. Mining will become more efficient as you level up your mining abilities) as well as basic abilities (Stamina, Accuracy, etc.) improving over time. Though this idea is still very young. I also plan to add a simple crafting system so that players will be able to craft a few basic objects. Obviously the system will not be extremely advanced because this isn't a survival game mode, though I remain optimistic. I believe that a justice system is one of the most important aspects of an RPG, so I will definitely be implementing a court system. I will not be whitelisting the cop faction, though players who are willing to join will need to partake in a short training course and agree to the cop faction's terms of agreement. For the main cop faction, I am planning on adding several branches of law enforcement. We have a lot of other unique features planned. If you are interested in learning more about our project feel free to hop on our teamspeak and talk to us personally.

Release

So when will this be available to play? I am working on this project with only a single partner at the moment who is helping me with the web development. I am developing the Arma side of the mod completely alone. I hope to have a rudimentary beta by the end of January 2016, though development is still very slow. As you can see, I have all of the concepts and features planned out, and I have a basic understanding of how to code 95% of what I am planning to offer. All I really need now is manpower. This is why I am reaching out to the community, and asking for support. If this results in positive feedback from you guys then that would mean a lot to me and would really motivate me in going forward. If any of you happen to be interested in contributing to this project, or helping out with development then I will be sure to find a way to thank you. I am not looking for money, I am only interested in contributing to the Arma community, and to create something that everyone can enjoy. So if there is anything any of you would like to add or recommend, please voice your opinion and I will listen to anything you guys suggest if I think it would benefit the community.

Edit: We are looking for a terrain editor/map creator! Anyone who can fill this position please add me on steam.

Steam: pixelmonkey1

Teamspeak: tssyd1.vilayer.com:10060

Would be very interested in this project, also would I love to help out map developing with my mapping skills, I also have a basic knowledge of Scripting and Terrain Builder. Message me if you wanna talk.

I think it would have been better if you created a basic version of your mod first. 'As you can see, I have all of the concepts and features planned out' means nothing, there are a billion guys and girls with ideas but very few who actually have the skills and persistence to follow through. If you need to create a team from random internet people to pull this through it is also a bad sign. I see one after the other of live projects fail here. I hope yours succeeds, but you need more than luck. Keep us updated on your progress! :-)