Hey Spyder, I'm not really sure what's going on here.

I'm playing a mission on Reshmaan with CUP Terrains. After about an hour, I noticed I wasn't seeing any animals or ambient vehicles so I went back into the editor to make sure the module was placed. It was.

So I enabled debug and previewed the mission and those black debug circles don't appear on the map.

I've used this module on a ton of maps and have never had a problem. I'm not sure if there's an issue with your most recent update, or if it's the map itself, or if it's CUP Terrains? Though it could be me messing something up too.

For future reference, is whitelist assumed to be the entire map if left blank? Just wondering to save me typing time when creating missions if I can only fill out blacklist and leave whitelist alone (empty).

For future reference, is whitelist assumed to be the entire map if left blank? Just wondering to save me typing time when creating missions if I can only fill out blacklist and leave whitelist alone (empty).

Yes, the entire map is to be assumed if no whitelists or blacklists.

Yes, the entire map is to be assumed if no whitelists or blacklists.

Thanks. Any thoughts on the Ambience Module not working or debugging? Like I said, when I place debug to "yes" the black circles don't show up on the map at all. I've never had this happen before.

Thanks. Any thoughts on the Ambience Module not working or debugging? Like I said, when I place debug to "yes" the black circles don't show up on the map at all. I've never had this happen before.

If it works on other maps just fine, it''s probably CUP maps not having defined locations or they aren't properly defined. Will take a look later.

• Like 1

If it works on other maps just fine, it''s probably CUP maps not having defined locations or they aren't properly defined. Will take a look later.

I think it's Reshmaan. Not sure if there's anything you can do about that or not.

I replaced my dependency from CUP to AiA and had the same result.

On CUP CLAfghan, for instance, the Ambience module works so it has to be Reshmaan itself. Bummer.

Is there anything I can do on Reshmaan myself in the editor to add some of these features back that won't break ALiVE/The mission?

I think it's Reshmaan. Not sure if there's anything you can do about that or not.

I replaced my dependency from CUP to AiA and had the same result.

On CUP CLAfghan, for instance, the Ambience module works so it has to be Reshmaan itself. Bummer.

Is there anything I can do on Reshmaan myself in the editor to add some of these features back that won't break ALiVE/The mission?

Not right now, I'll add synced locations next update so users can specify extra locations they wish to have covered by ambiance

• Like 1

Not right now, I'll add synced locations next update so users can specify extra locations they wish to have covered by ambiance

Ha! Yes!!!

You're the best. One million thanks, Spyder.

I don't know of any stores that accept "thanks" as payment. But if you find one, you'll be a very rich man my friend. :)

Thanks for everything.

I just implemented the civ interaction module using ALiVE and, wow that adds so much to the experience. Spyder do you have documentation on how/use the other modules. I'm interested in the one that allows you to blend in with the populous. (Forgot the name, sorry)

I just implemented the civ interaction module using ALiVE and, wow that adds so much to the experience. Spyder do you have documentation on how/use the other modules. I'm interested in the one that allows you to blend in with the populous. (Forgot the name, sorry)

Documentation hopefully coming soon. The Detection module isn't add nice as I'd like it to be. Unfortunately upgrading it requires time, which I've been a little low on lately :\ . Hopefully I can make another pass on it sometime in the future as it does open up missions for some cool ideas.

Documentation hopefully coming soon. The Detection module isn't add nice as I'd like it to be. Unfortunately upgrading it requires time, which I've been a little low on lately :\ . Hopefully I can make another pass on it sometime in the future.

No worries friend, love what you're doing!

I don't know if it was you Spyder, or ALiVE, or a combination of both; but I had an amazing time last night with a new objective I've never seen and I play ALiVE a bunch!

After interrogating a civilian, I was given Intel on a person of interest. They said something to the effect of, "You should definitely worry about so and so."

I was like, that's cool! Never seen that before!

I interrogate another civ and he said something to the effect of, "So and so (the same guy!) is dangerous and I last saw him here! I'll mark it on your map."

So I was like, oh hell yeah! Let's kill this guy!

I make my way to his house, nervous as hell because it's HUGE a three story complex on CLAfghan. Decorated with bloody beds and weapons. My heart was racing! Inside I see another civ which made me jump. So I interrogated the guy and he said, "So and so (the same freaking guy!) has a house here. I'll mark it on your map."

And I was like, oh goodness this is sweet. So I got in our armed vehicle and made my way to his house. My AI teammates blew the entire place to shreds as I spec op'd my way in to light up his weapons caches. Then his buddies surrounded his complex and we got into an intense firefight!

I've never had a mission with "leads" or "clues" like this. It was so over the top amazing that I just wanted to personally thank you. For the first time ever I felt like a spec ops team chasing down terrorist leads. Seriously, if you can find a way to make more "investigative" missions like this in your mod, that would be great. I love following the clues like that.

Thanks so much Spyder and ALiVE team! :)

• Like 2

I don't know if it was you Spyder, or ALiVE, or a combination of both; but I had an amazing time last night with a new objective I've never seen and I play ALiVE a bunch!

After interrogating a civilian, I was given Intel on a person of interest. They said something to the effect of, "You should definitely worry about so and so."

I was like, that's cool! Never seen that before!

I interrogate another civ and he said something to the effect of, "So and so (the same guy!) is dangerous and I last saw him here! I'll mark it on your map."

So I was like, oh hell yeah! Let's kill this guy!

I make my way to his house, nervous as hell because it's HUGE a three story complex on CLAfghan. Decorated with bloody beds and weapons. My heart was racing! Inside I see another civ which made me jump. So I interrogated the guy and he said, "So and so (the same freaking guy!) has a house here. I'll mark it on your map."

And I was like, oh goodness this is sweet. So I got in our armed vehicle and made my way to his house. My AI teammates blew the entire place to shreds as I spec op'd my way in to light up his weapons caches. Then his buddies surrounded his complex and we got into an intense firefight!

I've never had a mission with "leads" or "clues" like this. It was so over the top amazing that I just wanted to personally thank you. For the first time ever I felt like a spec ops team chasing down terrorist leads. Seriously, if you can find a way to make more "investigative" missions like this in your mod, that would be great. I love following the clues like that.

Thanks so much Spyder and ALiVE team! :)

A combination of both :)

The civilian interaction module uses real data to create civilian responses. That civilian was made a terrorist by ALiVE, I simply allow you to see that data through the use of civilian interaction. Glad it was fun!

Edit:

Oh, and more investigative type features are planned ;)

• Like 2

Spyder, your addons are awesome! Just had a couple of thoughts though as I'm using them a lot for conventional warfare as well as asymmetric.

First request! Any chance you could incorporate a regular faction option alongside the insurgent faction? I've got a three-way battle and it would be great to interrogate civilians as to the whereabouts of conventional forces and asymmetric ones. This works alright if you just put a regular faction into the insurgent box, but it won't show nearby bases / installations / troop strengths (if there's a way to do that!). To ask questions about both factions at the same time would be incredible.

Second, is there a way you could incorporate some way to intimidate hostile civilians into giving you information? At the moment, they just kind of palm you off if they don't like you. I don't know if there's a fear stat somewhere in the Alive civilian module but if there's a way to simulate scaring the shit out of them until they talk that too would be brilliant. Less effective than being well liked but still a valid way to get information, with penalties of making people hate you even more. 

Cheers again mate! They've made Alive really shine for me. I just keep wanting more! 

Spyder, your addons are awesome! Just had a couple of thoughts though as I'm using them a lot for conventional warfare as well as asymmetric.

First request! Any chance you could incorporate a regular faction option alongside the insurgent faction? I've got a three-way battle and it would be great to interrogate civilians as to the whereabouts of conventional forces and asymmetric ones. This works alright if you just put a regular faction into the insurgent box, but it won't show nearby bases / installations / troop strengths (if there's a way to do that!). To ask questions about both factions at the same time would be incredible.

Second, is there a way you could incorporate some way to intimidate hostile civilians into giving you information? At the moment, they just kind of palm you off if they don't like you. I don't know if there's a fear stat somewhere in the Alive civilian module but if there's a way to simulate scaring the shit out of them until they talk that too would be brilliant. Less effective than being well liked but still a valid way to get information, with penalties of making people hate you even more. 

Cheers again mate! They've made Alive really shine for me. I just keep wanting more! 

Hehe, I've had plans for an intimidation/threat possibilities in civilian interaction.

Will also look into having it incorporate conventional factions as well to see if it's reasonably doable.

Thanks for the suggestions!

• Like 1

Hi Spyder, will your civilian interaction menu be able to cope with two factions as insurgent factions at the same time listed in the module settings? I've got a three-way war going on and two sides are insurgents so would be great to get hints on them. 

Hi Spyder, will your civilian interaction menu be able to cope with two factions as insurgent factions at the same time listed in the module settings? I've got a three-way war going on and two sides are insurgents so would be great to get hints on them. 

Not in it's current state, but I can try to change that for the next update.

Small progress update:

I'm going back and making the civilian interaction menu a bit more in depth and interactive/powerful.

Have just finished redoing the inventory screen so that you can view every single item in a unit's inventory including backpacks,vests and uniforms. Those gear containers can also be opened to view the items inside.

Next up, I'll work on making civilian names persistent through spawn/despawn. Edit: Now done as well

• Like 3

cool :D

do you update the script version too?

kind regards

maquez [Q-Net]

cool :D

do you update the script version too?

kind regards

maquez [Q-Net]

That would be the plan

• Like 2

Loving this addon! Super handy and perfect for my needs! I was wondering if there's a way that you can place specific items in a spawned vehicles inventory by default or is this something you could add in the future? Basically I want to have all vehicles spawned with the vehicle spawner have an AT-4 and some med gear.

Thanks!

Loving this addon! Super handy and perfect for my needs! I was wondering if there's a way that you can place specific items in a spawned vehicles inventory by default or is this something you could add in the future? Basically I want to have all vehicles spawned with the vehicle spawner have an AT-4 and some med gear.

Thanks!

I was intending to add a "On spawn code" section for the recruitment and vehicle spawner. Thanks for the reminder, will try to get it done for the next update :)

While I'm here, might at well drop this

https://gyazo.com/eecca19cf0d841704c6bdb656672e786

https://gyazo.com/f686bd72906643ec96ce86d2be6085ca

• Like 2

Hi spyder, NICE JOB!!!!

One question?? Units recruited by your module are profiled?? Can in move this group to a position and if i leave group they are profiled?? I would like to know for a persistent mission building fobs with r3f and leaving AI and saving to db

You'll probably have to select the option "Profile all non profiled units" in the admin actions for that to work. They won't profile automatically. For FOBs, the Player Logistics module should have you covered as you can call in reinforcements and use the Operations tab in Commander Actions to send them where you want them to go. 

Hi spyder, NICE JOB!!!!

One question?? Units recruited by your module are profiled?? Can in move this group to a position and if i leave group they are profiled?? I would like to know for a persistent mission building fobs with r3f and leaving AI and saving to db

No, the recruitment module is 100% separate from ALiVE. As Incontinentia mentioned, in order to call in reinforcements to defend an area, use ALiVE's Player Combat Logistics module to call in groups.

The recruitment module is more for allowing smaller groups and singleplayer fanatics to command a larger squad on the battlefield.