Spyder Addons

A collection of modules and scripts designed to aid mission makers in adding depth to their missions

This mod was created to help mission makers add depth to their missions with ease through the use of modules. Paired with a greater mission making tool such as ALiVE, entire missions can be created almost solely through the use of modules.

If you have any suggestions, I would love to hear them. Unfortunately, I do not have the time to grant every request, but I love to hear suggestions that would make your life easier.

A few screenshots can be viewed here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?edit=true&id=579263829

Features

Civilian Interaction

- Integrated with ALiVE

- Ask civilians about personal details such as where they live in order to collect intel

- Ask civilians about insurgent activity in the area

- Ask civilians about nearby civilians that may be preparing to commit an act of terror

- Order civilians to "Get Down", "Go Away", and "Detain" them in order to maintain control over the situation

- All information is persistent thanks to ALiVE's Civilian Population system

Requires: ALiVE

Usage: Define insurgent faction being used

Loadout Organizer
Create folders to store loadouts and other folders

- Save, Load, Delete, and Name loadouts

- View class gear before loading it

- Transfer loadouts and folders to other players and AI (configurable)

- Access Virtual Arsenal (configurable)

- Choose a loadout to automatically load class on respawn

Usage: Sync module to object to add the loadout manager action to it

Recruitment

- Specify entire factions of units to whitelist

-Whitelist units

- Blacklist units

- View unit gear before recruiting them

- Set a maximum limit of units that a player may recruit into his squad at one time

Usage: Sync module to object to add recruit action to it

Vehicle Spawner

- Specify entire factions of vehicles to whitelist

- Whitelist vehicles

- Blacklist vehicles

- Whitelist vehicle types (plane, car, truck,armored etc)

- Blacklist vehicle types (plane, car, truck,armored etc)

- View vehicle characteristics such as top speed, number of passenger seats, fuel consumption and more prior to spawning it

Usage: Sync module to object to add vehicle spawner action to it

Ambiance

- Randomly spawned animal herds, civilian vehicles, undercover enemy vehicles

- Enable/disable each feature

- Each feature is customizable to fit the mission maker's preferences.

- Units are only spawned when players are near

- Define spawn ranges 

- Whitelist/Blacklist location markers

- Define locations where ambiance will exist

Usage: Place module and input preferred parameters

Insurgency (WIP --> Currently disabled due to lack of time)

- Establish recruitment HQ's, weapon depots, and IED factories.

- Recruit civilians

- Plan coordinated assaults

Requires: ALiVE

Usage: Sync module to players to enable them to have access to insurgent abilities.

Detection

This module could use some love. Creating a realistic and believable detection system in Arma

while maintaining a low performance impact is a challenge

- Create scenarios with players as the guerilla fighters

- Define hostile sides

- Define cooldown timer
 - Restricted areas
 - Customize whether players can drive offroad without being hostile
 - Customize speed limit
 - Restrict certain vehicles/faction vehicles as hostile
 - Define incognito vehicles which allow you to pose as the enemy
 - Define detection values for each on foot, in vehicle, and incognito vehicles
 - Define clothing that will cause the player to be hostile/incognito
Usage: Sync module to players to have them tracked by the detection system

Documentation
Documentation is very work-in-progress but can be found here

Credits: 
Author - SpyderBlack723 
Logo - Jezter804
Code adjustments - Dixon13
Testing and Feedback - AUTigerGrad, HeroesandVillansOS
Thanks to everyone who uses the mod, gives feedback and/or reports any bugs!

Requirements

CBA: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/168277-cba-community-base-addons-arma-3/

ALiVE (Only for Civilian Interaction and Insurgency modules): http://alivemod.com/#Download

Download links

Workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?edit=true&id=579263829

Play With Six: http://withsix.com/p/arma-3/mods/hFsdGtEHWkWbC4f2aaInqA/Spyder-Addons

Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/s9tsgtcxpeya4iz/Spyder_Addons_1723051.RAR?dl=0

Github: https://github.com/SpyderBlack723/SpyderAddons

Please note that Github is not the same as the latest stable, public releases

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

What are the chances you could incorporate the Call to Prayer script to the Ambience module?

Any ambient sounds, for that matter, would be great. I think I heard a radio playing music the other night using your Addons and Autigergrad said it was from this mod. Impressive! Stuff like that really adds a lot to the atmosphere. :)

What are the chances you could incorporate the Call to Prayer script to the Ambience module?

Would probably be a separate module (with more customization options). And chances would be.. I'd like to do it, just need to think over a few design mechanics of it. It shouldn't be too difficult once I actually get started on it ( <-- This sentence is usually how mistakes happen ;) )

• Like 1

It shouldn't be too difficult once I actually get started on it ( <-- This sentence is usually how mistakes happen ;) )

RIP SavageCDN and Spyderblack723 - Dec 21, 2015

:(

I just edited my post above about some radio sounds I've already been hearing while using your addons. If these are from your mod, they're really great. The more sounds, the better. ARMA really lacks in the ambience department.

• Like 2

RIP SavageCDN and Spyderblack723 - Dec 21, 2015

:(

I just edited my post above about some radio sounds I've already been hearing while using your addons. If these are from your mod, they're really great. The more sounds, the better. ARMA really lacks in the ambience department.

That's most likely ALiVE. ALiVE's civilian population system sometimes causes civilians to "turn on" radios or emit other random noises in their homes.

• Like 1

Really superb work!!!

Many thanks for bring this fantastic addon to the ArmA community.

Greets

Hey Spyder, I think there's actually an issue with the vehicle spawner for whatever reason. I'm having the same problem in Brawler's new mission where the spawner needs to be replaced/resynced in order to show the "vehicle spawner" in-game's on-screen-display.

Hey Spyder, I think there's actually an issue with the vehicle spawner for whatever reason. I'm having the same problem in Brawler's new mission where the spawner needs to be replaced/resynced in order to show the "vehicle spawner" in-game's on-screen-display.

Hmm but it works fine once replaced?

Btw, I would advise people to not use or at least be cautious with the animal spawning in the ambiance module until this fix is pushed http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=27005

Hmm but it works fine once replaced?

Btw, I would advise people to not use the animal spawning in the ambiance module until this fix is pushed http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=27005

Yep. As soon as you delete it and then lay it back down and resync, it shows up immediately.

Strange that animals could be causing crashes. I've been playing with them for quite some time and haven't had any issues unless you count the crap that's been happening to me the last couple of days. :)

I see it made Dev branch 5 days ago. That hotfix hasn't been pushed through yet?

Yep. As soon as you delete it and then lay it back down and resync, it shows up immediately.

Strange that animals could be causing crashes. I've been playing with them for quite some time and haven't had any issues unless you count the crap that's been happening to me the last couple of days. :)

I see it made Dev branch 5 days ago. That hotfix hasn't been pushed through yet?

It's been fixed in the developmental branch (as you saw). Which means it should hit in update 1.55 or so.

Someone else said that animals were working fine in one mission. But in other missions they were experiencing crashes (could be totally unrelated).. it's just something to be wary of for now, unfortunately nothing I can do.

I don't have the issue. are you in first person or third person?

The module is synced to the middle table

I don't have the issue. are you in first person or third person?

The module is synced to the middle table

Thanks Brawler. Sorry, this isn't a new issue. Spyder and I have been talking about this on other forums.

If I had to hazard a guess, my suspicion is that for some reason, downloading a mission with the Vehicle Spawner in place (and working correctly in the original file), something is causing it to not get properly loaded.

For instance, I'd wager if I packed up your mission in a PBO and sent it back to you, when you tried to play it yourself you'd see it isn't working for you either, even though everything would look fine in the Editor.

This has happened to me on four separate ALiVE missions now, yours included.

Once it's removed and replaced (and resynced) it will work perfectly every time after that.

So over the last week or so, I've been watching and listening to a lot of real world accounts on the war on terror. I'd recommend anyone check out Royal Marines Mission Afghanistan over on YouTube (it's brilliant. Those guys are heroes) and also, obviously, Season 2 of the Serial Podcast.

And it had me thinking. Up until now I didn't realize two of the biggest parts of this war. One, which ALiVE has pretty well covered, the IED threat. But the other, which ALiVE really doesn't, is intercepting radio chatter.

ALiVE already has tasking via the C21STAR module but honestly, I never use it because it just seems to not really reflect the current state of the battlefield too well, and a lot of the missions don't work. But the insurgency model that reveals tasks through interrogation works great so I was thinking it may be cool to find some way to incorporate radio chatter in a way that could open up missions in the same way taking to a civilian could.

In Royal Marines Mission Afghanistan, the British Royal Marines have a few people (interpreters) who's sole job is to stay at base, scanning the air waves for local chatter. Sometimes the Intel leads to a legit threat/cache/IED location and other times they are lead into ambushes/traps.

The game already has a radio. And Spyder already gives us the option to search civilians for weapons so wouldn't it be awesome to also detain someone if they had a radio communications device in their inventory as well?

Perhaps if something like this can't be incorporated into Spyder's Addons, I can cross post this idea to the ALiVE thread to see what everyone thinks about tasks being created using radio chatter via the C21STAR module instead. I just think having one more way to get locations marked on the map like this and one more reason to detain and arrest civilians that are helping the terrorists would be a cool feature in insurgency missions.

What do you guys think. It's apparently a huge part of the real life war in the Middle East.

Once it's removed and replaced (and resynced) it will work perfectly every time after that.

I'm assuming it's because when switching to the workshop version, the mod name changes which in turn may cause a few small issues like that. Hopefully all is well now that the name won't change any longer.

I'm assuming it's because when switching to the workshop version, the mod name changes which in turn may cause a few small issues like that. Hopefully all is well now that the name won't change any longer.

I don't think that's it. I guess unless Brawler made the mission with the Github version.

I downloaded his mission yesterday so I only ever personally used it with the WS version of your Addons. But yeah, if he started building the mission awhile ago, that could still explain it.

Another idea:

Ok. So for the first time in recent memory, my squad took over a town and two ISIS fighters surrendered. I haven't seen an enemy surrender in a very long time. :)

What would be cool is if when the enemy surrendered, is if they could somehow be given the civilian interaction menu so we could interrogate them or arrest them! Currently my only option is really nothing, so I kill them. I'm ok with that but it sort of makes the surrendering action pointless IMO.

I'd love to be able to interrogate or arrest the bastard(s). And if they had a percent chance on giving me more Intel, that would be phenominal.

Also, are the "get down" or "detain" commands working for anyone?

• Like 1

Another idea:

Ok. So for the first time in recent memory, my squad took over a town and two ISIS fighters surrendered. I haven't seen an enemy surrender in a very long time. :)

What would be cool is if when the enemy surrendered, is if they could somehow be given the civilian interaction menu so we could interrogate them or arrest them! Currently my only option is really nothing, so I kill them. I'm ok with that but it sort of makes the surrendering action pointless IMO.

I'd love to be able to interrogate or arrest the bastard(s). And if they had a percent chance on giving me more Intel, that would be phenominal.

Also, are the "get down" or "detain" commands working for anyone?

Great ideas. The "get down" and "go away" actions can be a bit finicky (mainly the scripting commands just not working), but should work most of the time. Detain as far as I have tested works every time, will test again sometime today to make sure.

• Like 1

Great ideas. The "get down" and "go away" actions can be a bit finicky, but should work most of the time. Detain as far as I have tested works every time, will test again sometime today to make sure.

Thanks, Spyder. "Get Down" has never worked for me, but keep in mind I did just switch to a far less mod intensive mission for the first time ever just a few days ago. It's very possible it works but last night it did not.

Now, "Detain" actually worked in a sense that it added the civilian to my player group. However, he wouldn't follow me even though he was part of my squad. Though, he was also stuck in some weird aiming animation after I accidentally killed his friend. Let's chalk that one up to PTSD. ;)

I'm still a little confused about whether or not grenades and stuff are still supposed to appear in the "Search" menu. I'm sure it's just me being unlucky but civilians only ever have the same four items on them. Could you double check that if they're carrying paraphernalia, it will show up in your custom search menu?

I also encountered a very odd bug last night. It's the second time it has happened to me actually. I loaded my mission and in the civilian search menu, the left hand side of the screen where the dialogue choices are kept saying "loading." I then enabled teleporting and spent a good 20 minutes teleporting around the map trying to find civilians to talk to. Every single one gave me the same result.

So I shut my server down and started it again and everything worked perfectly. Strange.

If the civilian interaction menu never loads, even after a few minutes, the server is probably under some heavy load (each open of the civ interact menu sends a data request from the server to get any data from ALiVE that is need for that particular civi, so if the server isn't working well, the data will take a long time to get back to the client).

Searching civilians is fine as well (just checked). It basically grabs any items that the civilian has in their uniform, vest, or backpack (and any linked items) and then displays it in the list.

• Like 1

It's possible, but the actual grabbing/sending of the data (which is where it is failing) is completely void of any CBA involvement (other than use of QUOTE() )

I derp'd yeah the long loading of the search feature would have nothing to do with CBA's Extended EH's. I didn't read the issue properly.

I tried with only the newest CBA_A3 loaded and it looks like Virtual Arsenal is always available. It is turned off in the loadout module in an exported mission that only contains a player, a crate and the loadout module synched to a non-player character.