Dwarden

A2/A2:OA Patch 18.12.2015

hololand, I can't imagine how you will shoot, rotated M134 longitudinal to helicopter. Can you help me?

LOOK AT THE PICTURES I POSTED!

do you want me to post more? is 3 not proof enough?

hololand, on pictures you posted I see rotated M134 only. Gunner don't shoot. Rotating and shooting are not the same.

• Like 1

hololand, on pictures you posted I see rotated M134 only. Gunner don't shoot. Rotating and shooting are not the same.

Are you actually now defending changing the angles of the venom/heli guns?

Pls, just revert back to previous state and stop changing "realism" in a 10 year old fucking game....................................

dpopewpew, yes I do. But I admit that the angles are reduced greatly and should be increased.

dpopewpew, yes I do. But I admit that the angles are reduced greatly and should be increased.

So then increase them

hololand, not too fast. I'm just dev and I can't publish update.

While you are at it please... PLEASE make the av8b shoot 1 shot at a time again... Seriously PLEASE

But, why are the devs concentrated on "realism" in a game with dwindling population that is 10 years old, where the company behind has already released it's successor? It does not compute....

So thats a yes for the AV8B?!?! :D

No, but burst will be decreased.

"Maybe tomorrow."

You're a dev for a game and your players are telling you something is bad, something is wrong and could you fix it, and your response is you might do it, and tomorrow??

Surely those who play it are your main audience and you should cater to what plays best in the game?? 

Why do you actually develop this game? Because it doesn't make any sense to me, you don't seem to care about anyone that plays it....

I understand that you played a lot of time and used to the game, but it was wrong.

What was wrong?

For example, lack zeroing in DMR, SVD, etc.

But you understand how hypocritical you sound right? With the ability to have your hand through the dmr barrel, and all the other things that are broken in the game, they aren't realistic?? Why don't you add these features to things like ACE, people don't want these features in arma 2... But no thought has been given to the actual players lol

And why are things like this being changed now, its been that way for years, literally years. 

And we aren't even arguing about the dmr, but for some reason you keep reiterating the unrealistic features of it, and ignoring the fact that realism isn't being followed with the helicopters........

And why are things like this being changed now, its been that way for years, literally years.

Because only now had such an opportunity.

Firstly I would point out to some here, that A2 is not a ten year old game. Secondly, its a military simulation game, not a zombie hunter. Thirdly, if people are working on the game, from mainly their own time, to try and make it better at what it is supposed to be, then ranting and raving at them, is not going to get you any credit.

Let them sort through what has been discussed.

Plus remember, for those that seem to think this game is all about dayz now, or any other iteration that might have come out of it. There are lots of players & groups still enjoying this title in the series and consider it the best of those titles. They also want to play it as it was intended, mil/sim style game. Yes, most of those groups, ours included use mods that may change things around, and indeed some of these changes will never be seen by those players or groups. The fact remains, we/they ultimately need the base game to stay true to what it was made for, not something that sprung up out of its success.

If you want dayz to be more dayz 'ish'... mod it to that genre. Let those that want to make the game more in-line with its core player-base, get on with it.

I won't see some of these changes, I use such a heavily modded version of the game now, its difficult to return to the vanilla game. But the base game is about the military, not the zombie apocalypse.

• Like 2

Personally, I would like DayZ-related posts in this thread deleted.  AFAIK, none of the many, many changes in corepatch had anything to do with zombie BS.  What happened to DayZ SA, which would have sequestered zombie fools in their own damn forum or website?  Most, if not all, A2 milsim people have the greatest respect for corepatch devs, and are very thankful to them for their work enhancing a game we love, a game which needed some love.  It makes me puke reading these flame posts from people with like 8 total posts in BI forums.  Why is anyone paying any attention to such posts?

Personally, I would like DayZ-related posts in this thread deleted.  AFAIK, none of the many, many changes in corepatch had anything to do with zombie BS.  What happened to DayZ SA, which would have sequestered zombie fools in their own damn forum or website?  Most, if not all, A2 milsim people have the greatest respect for corepatch devs, and are very thankful to them for their work enhancing a game we love, a game which needed some love.  It makes me puke reading these flame posts from people with like 8 total posts in BI forums.  Why is anyone paying any attention to such posts?

1. regardless of what mission/mod is played. The majority play dayz... I play both dayz and vanilla... I have 4k hours and my opinion matters the same as yours. I was simply speaking for the "majority"

Do you know that optical sights mounted on these rifles have flywheels to adjust zeroing? No? Find and read info.

Do you know that GAU-12 mounted on this plane has 3600 shots per minute rate of fire? No? Find and read info. It means that 60 shots will be done for 1 second. Are you really sure that you can do 1 shot from this weapon?

Can you stop crying?

Could I point out that almost all weapons should have zeroing.. The Aimpoint on my G3 irl has knobs too.. All optical sights in the game have knobs infact.. So why dont all weapons have zeroing?

You sound like a nice guy OMAC, those people flaming are the actual players, the guys who have just had their favourite game ruined by a bunch of people that don't even seem to care about the actual gameplay.

I respect the amount of time these devs put into improving the game, but all of these changes make it worse to play the game...

And saying to delete everything to do with dayz is stupid. The majority of the arma 2 population plays some form of dayz so disregarding their views just shows you don't care for the game at all.

All we, the actual players, are asking for is that if you want to add realism, then fix all the stupid bugs that are totally unrealistic rather than changing things that work. I fail to see how that is a bad thing.

I play armoury servers even more than dayz, and I love using the venom against jets, it's so much fun, but not when you can barely move the gun...

No, but burst will be decreased.

Please... No one will be sad if burst goes... And I WILL BE VERY VERY HAPPY :D. I spent at least 1000 hours training in that jet and learned to conserve my cannon ammo very well. Now I cannot conserve it. I cannot maximize my operating time before re-arming. I could take out a ground soldier in 1-2 shots, jet in 3-15 for example. Now its just 15... 15.... 15... EMPTY ... please ... make it single shot :D