Dwarden

A2/A2:OA Patch 18.12.2015

After a prolonged beta, the latest Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead patch has finally matured and reached its release phase. It includes several engine fixes listed in the changelog below. On top of that, we have included “CorePatch†and “CorePatch2†data patches developed by members of the community. Huge thanks and credits to Goliath and SaMatra and several other devoted community developers (for full credits, please see the changelog).

Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead 1.63.131129 engine fixes:

• added hardcoded query port at UDPport+1
  • added check NAN (not a number)
  • fixed squad logo/xml crashes and issues
  • fixed CU-RE-L exploit vs BattlEye logging
  • fixed server no more loads client profile
  • fixed destroyed structures damaging JIP clients
  • fixed random server \KEYS\ errors with .bikey files
  • optimized query traffic
  • additional crash fixes

CorePatch Changelog is too long for Steam announcement so please heck it out at our forums
    CorePatch credits:
  • Goliath6 for his all work on CorePatch for A2, A2: OA
  • Sa-Matra for his support and help on bug fixing (+ all work on CorePatch2)
  • groove_c for his support and help on bug fixing
  • Schatten for his support and help on bug fixing
  • .Kju who provided a (very!) long list of errors
  • Rob Graham (eggbeast) who provided Dwarden's script to fix the Fire-In-The-Sky bug
  • Dwarden for his Fire-In-The-Sky script bug fix and his support
  • OpusFmSPol who provided a very, very long list of errors and their fixes of the warfare module
  • Wolffy.au and zGuba for their BIS Module Improvement Project (https://dev.withsix.com/projects/mip) that even inspired me
  • Defunkt for his Anzins mod included in CorePatch
  • OMAC for his support on bug fixing
  • Dimon for his support on bug fixing
  • Xeno426 (Xenomorph) for his suggestions, improvements and bug fixing in the CCP Project
  • All the contributors of the CCP Project

- All testers and supporters of Corepatch
  • Like 3

hotfix 21.12.2015 http://steamcommunity.com/games/arma2oa/announcements/detail/45398879829365939

- AS50 sound reverted to original
- DMR zeroing removed due to community requests
- Burst lengths decreased for aircraft cannons
- Lee Enfield zeroing reverted to original state
- NVG is now usable with western scopes again
- Helicopter side gunners firing angles reverted to original
- All An-2 variants are now retexturable through hidden selections
- GMG and AGS-30 zeroings fixed, no longer include unusable values
- "No Owner" RPT messages should no longer appear
- All patches are merged into single addon

note:

Linux dedicated server will be released later (2016)

ACR lite + ACR corepatch is still considered for later (2016)

Enjoy last 2015 holidays ;)

note: Legacy A2: OA branch is available

Thank you for your continued work!

Maybe we can get a plain text version of the changelog to view on other devices?

http://pastebin.com/WWPEqxx4

Also this update breaks some weapon functionality in ACE, but easily fixable with some edits... too bad ACE 2 guys aren't around.

Congrats to all!  :)

HELLO GUYS! :) 

Possible bug in terms of the venom gunner? The new update has caused you to be unable to move properly inside the gunner seat, basically cannot shoot anything properly??

Am confused as I thought this was a patch fixing things that were broken?

Possible bug in terms of the venom gunner?

Aiming angles were replaced to more realistic values.

How can you shoot machine gun, aiming it parallel to longitudinal axis of Venom? You have to be in the air.

You don't have to, all you can do is aim it perpendicular to the heli almost now, never mind aiming straight forwards. And you can't aim upwards at all which I know is possible

I do agree that changing these things which were not exactly game breaking (and certainly have broken many mods affecting these weapons) is unnecessary and was simply a bad decision to implement these. All subsequent config edits should make sure that core inheritable data is not edited and that classnames remain the same.

So no possibility for venom ever being changed back? It's my only love in the game and the thing thats kept me from going to A3. I don't see why these changes were implemented into a game this old.

THIS UPDATE SUCKS

WHY DID YOU NERF MINI-GUNS! IF IT IS NOT BROKEN DON'T FIX IT!

On a more serious note. I spent 1400 hours learning the minigun in the littlebird. It was great and perfectly fine... THEN YOU GO CHANGE IT FOR NO REASON AT ALL! 

NO ONE CARES ABOUT REALISM IN A 10 YEAR OLD GAME! IF YOU WANT REALISM PLAY ACE MOD OR ANY REALISM MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also what is the stupidity with the DMR that is already an OP gun and probably one of the more realistic.... AND ADDING ZEROING?!?! SO I LEARNED THE MILLDOTS FOR NOTHING!??!?!.

WHY WOULD YOU CHANGE THE GUNS ON THE VENOM!!!?... 80% of the arma 2 community plays dayz now.... where the venom is the air vehicle of choice, How stupid do you have to be to change the venom!?!?!?!

I am angry cause i love arma... I invested 4000 hours into a game for you to completely out of the blue change everything that is not broken FOR NO REASON.

• Like 1

HI..after the last patchs of arma2 & arma2ao in maps AAS damage now the script respawn....check this ..and fix this truble..pls

Anyone happen to know how overwatch/epoch/overpoch is affected by this patch? For example how weapons and vehicles from the overwatch classes are affected.. I haven't looked into how the weapon and vehicle classes have been defined in overwatch, if all values are copied/altered from the standard classes or if anything is inherited.. Wondering if someone's gonna have to overhaul all the DZ_ classes in overwatch and make an update for the mods to enjoy the fixes in this patch.. :o

@dwarden 

note:

Linux dedicated server will be released later (2016)

ACR lite + ACR corepatch is still considered for later (2016)

Enjoy last 2015 holidays ;)

note: Legacy A2: OA branch is available

Hello Dwarden,

I was just curious if there will be confirmation on ACR Lite soon. I understand you have said it's a consideration, however, it's important to us as an ArmA 2 community that we understand our future for our servers . If ACR Lite is released, it means we can stay with A2 for longer due to additional content.

Thank you for your time Dwarden on still working with A2 as well as thank you to any other supporters of the development with A2.

Anyone happen to know how overwatch/epoch/overpoch is affected by this patch? For example how weapons and vehicles from the overwatch classes are affected.. I haven't looked into how the weapon and vehicle classes have been defined in overwatch, if all values are copied/altered from the standard classes or if anything is inherited.. Wondering if someone's gonna have to overhaul all the DZ_ classes in overwatch and make an update for the mods to enjoy the fixes in this patch.. :o

Class names have not been changed in terms of core A2 vehicles and objects from what I have seen. DZ_Classes will not be effected in anyway as that is applied to modifications only. If they share similar class weapons such as rockets for example that is in A2, that will not be effected either. However, there is an issue with Manual Fire now on the UH-1Y which is related to the new update, not issues with mods.

There`s constructive, there`s loud, then there`s hugely loud and obnoxious.

• Like 1