hcpookie

EF2000 Plane for the community

Speaking of EF-2000... as a continuation of my A2 EF2000 plane from here:

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/184790-ef-2000-community-based-aircraft/

As with the A2 version, I WILL BE RELEASING MLOD'S FOR THIS ADDON!  I want others to enjoy the goodness!

It is working in-game but really needs the missilebox imported to realize the full potential of the plane.  Handling is a bit off vs. A2 handling and needs some TLC to make right.  Way to jerky on the controls.

Fortunately all of the random numbering and other scripts seem to be working fine.  I'm just walking through the scripts to verify everything is working.  Some of the RVMAT's seem a bit off.

NEW for A3 of course cockpit, mirrors, and the elusive MFD TV screen.  This can be toggled on/off by the pilot!!!!   This is a new discovery to me so I'm happy.  :)

WIP pics here:   https://onedrive.live.com/?id=5B54FC51A7917265!24131&cid=5B54FC51A7917265

• Like 8

This is a really good news! ;) Are there plans to update to the external textures too?

• Like 1

here are some of my screenies of us using it in A2

typhoon11_zpsap6oreo3.jpg

ef2000_1_zpslnxdfpjm.jpg

ef2000_damaged_zpsesd3s37y.jpg

ef2000_brim2_zpssp5novkr.jpg

ef2000_TRD_zpseosx0bix.jpg

ef2000_bomb_zpsmrhwjh8n.jpg

ef2000_brim1_zpsnbutkctb.jpg

• Like 6

here are some of my screenies of us using it in A2

typhoon11_zpsap6oreo3.jpg

ef2000_1_zpslnxdfpjm.jpg

ef2000_damaged_zpsesd3s37y.jpg

ef2000_brim2_zpssp5novkr.jpg

ef2000_TRD_zpseosx0bix.jpg

ef2000_bomb_zpsmrhwjh8n.jpg

ef2000_brim1_zpsnbutkctb.jpg

It's really nice! Hope to see it soon in A3 ;)

In our A2 version it has vapour, afterburner, towed radar decoy (visible in one of the pics as a wire on one of the wingtips), angel-wing countermeasures (also in pic), drogue chute for landing which slows you down, bitching betty, RWR alarms, ARM radar seeking from 10km, ALARM loiter and LOAL, GPS/INS targeting, working drop tanks, fuel probe and dynamic rearming.

• Like 3

Dude I fuckin' love you! This is so awesome - the Eurofighter is one of my favorite aircraft! :D

the model is very much a labour of love  -pook has spent ages on it, but it is still WIP, so go easy on it when it's released.

the cockpit especially is needing work, and the rtm for the pilot.

even so it has many innovative features that a lot of other planes lack

Vapor trails is built-in to the planes in A3 now, so much of the fancy scripting is no longer required.  So yes :)

You can read the long list of details in the A2 thread for now... once I get it closer to release I'll update this w/ all the painful detail, and try to add pics for it.  I have incorporated things like selectable night markers, the chute is animated when it deploys, so it flaps around in the breeze, and the tires squeal on landing.  The TRD (Towed Radar Decoy) works quite well and it has been developed since the A2 release.  Lots of other things that I'll have to list out!

Weapons - the point of my releasing this "for everyone" is that they can add it to their mods.  So basically what anyone builds for it.  I hope they choose to remain realistic however it will be up to mod makers who choose to add this (if anyone does) to arm it.  I for one know that they can carry up to 18x brimstone AGM missiles, however "somebody" elected to alter the BAI version to include rockets, which is patently something I disagree with as the rockets should be included in CAP modes.  Yes I'm bitching about that.  People could add rockets to all of the pylons if they so choose... it is simply going to be up to them.  It uses the FRL-style proxy configuration (where is that PDF guide?) so single-double-triple weapons can be loaded, all with appropriate weapon racks.

I'm currently stuck getting the damn rvmat's for the transparent areas to work correctly.  They have an artifact in the transparent areas that makes the transparencies all turn blue unless in direct sunlight, which is VERY distracting.  Once I get that done I'll probably release it, MLOD's and all. 

It is my intention for others to update and expand on it, so if we see others texture it with better textures, add better detail to the cockpit, etc. I ask only that they share their work back so everyone else can enjoy their contributions.  The only people that won't be allowed to use it would be pay-to-play or "life" servers... those kinds of scenarios will not be profiting from my hard work on this plane, which is to remain free.

cool maybe i could add a rack of miniguns to the bottom lol

• Like 1

Thanks for the information Pook, our unit was waiting a long time for some British aircraft. It's very nice of you to give access to people so they can improve it. Good luck fixing the problems and hopefully seeing the EF soon :) 

the base cockpit model was pretty empty but pook has added quite a lot to it to make it at least airworthy.

it's not on a par with the RKSL bird. 

however this is to be a share-alike mod,so people can contribute to its development.

It needs some love from a talented cockpit modeler (don't we all lol)

some footage of the EF2000 in action (in A2)

merry xmas

• Like 2

the base cockpit model was pretty empty but pook has added quite a lot to it to make it at least airworthy.

however this is to be a share-alike mod,so people can contribute to its development.

It needs some love from a talented cockpit modeler (don't we all lol)

It looks great, i personally look for nice clean textures, accuracy is a bonus :)

It certainly flies like a typhoon (the wind storm)

You know how you walk away from a problem you can't fix, then you come back it days or weeks later and PRESTO!  you have that moment of clarity.  I fixed the "frosted texture" problem.  At angles that are not in direct sunlight, the textures look "frosted" like there is a white film over the textures.  Faces > Move Top fixed it.  Now all of the little high-detail decals look correct regardless of sunlight/shade or view angles.

rvmatissue.jpg

So I have added the A3 mirrors to the cockpit although one is a bit off... I want them to be better centered so I am still working them.

Generic loadouts, however the ability to use the pylon weapon swap system pioneered by the FRL folks (or was it RKSL).

I'm adding provisions for a working ejection seat (not much really, just a proxy to hide the seat in the plane, and the ability to spawn one on eject as well).  A few other odds and ends, and then release time :)

I'm going to make this a generic "West", "East", "Independent" faction selection and people can take it from there.  I am also making CUP variations :)

• Like 2

Not meant to be a competition... I have flown that RKSL bird in A2 some, however it wasn't my cup of tea.  Again, apples and oranges comparison so let's not go there ;)

• Like 1

Not meant to be a competition...

Agreed but people do seem to like to think it is don't they

I have flown that RKSL bird in A2 some, however it wasn't my cup of tea.  Again, apples and oranges comparison so let's not go there ;)

Can I ask why it wasn't your "cup of tea"?

Good job on fixing the frosting effect.

The only reason i mentioned rksl typhoon was to manage expectations so we dont get a flood of shitty comments on release complaining about it not being an advance on rocks bird.

It is a different beast as u say pook, handles differently and has a raft of innovative features, esp w.r.t survivability in your sam wracked airspaced

Some people expect addons to match their innermost hopes or else they get real pissy lol.

P.s. As soon as im back and have got the unsung vehicle weapons config done ill get onto the missilebox port.