Thanks for the release. Great piece of work. May helicopters explode and planes crash into the ground!

Are you play with ACE3 ? 2 SA20 can`t destroy heli for me 

I just successfully destroyed an enemy "P-30 Orca" chopper with the SA20.  2 shots.

I will need more information.

Just for the record the indirect damage was done on purpose to avoid "one shot one kill" for the weapons since most planes would not survive the catastrophic damage of such a blast, but may not spectacularly explode in a fireball.  Meaning no one would want to play with the mod :)

I might have to revisit this trait to give them higher indirect damage values.

• Like 2

"Meaning no one would want to play with the mod"   I`m agree - but  SA20 is very powerfull in real life. Make them 2-3 shoot to kill - it `s like a car survive after TOW hit. In balans of gameplay  and realism you can make "big rocket" more deadly.

Anyway super addon. Thank you 

there is a typo in the code in the guide. 

init on planes should read, if I'm not mistaken

veh1 addAction ["ARM - Activate ELS", "\pook_SAM\scripts\ARMRadarDetect.sqf","",5,false,true,"AutoHover","veh1 GetVariable  

['ELS_Active', 0] == 0"]; 
veh1 addAction ["ARM - Indirect Fire Mode", "\pook_SAM\scripts\ARMRadarEngage.sqf","",5,false,true,"AutoHoverCancel","veh1  
GetVariable 'ELS_Active' == 1"]; 
veh1 addAction ["ARM - Cancel ELS", "\pook_SAM\scripts\ARMRadarCancel.sqf","",5,false,true,"LockTarget","veh1 GetVariable  
'ELS_Active' == 1"]; 
veh1 addAction ["ARM – Secondary Fire Mode", "\pook_SAM\scripts\ARMRadarDetectandFire.sqf","",5,false,true,"veh1 GetVariable 'ELS_Active' == 1"];

Guide reads

veh1 addAction ["ARM - Activate ELS", "\pook_SAM\scripts\ARMRadarDetect.sqf","",5,false,true,"AutoHover","veh1 GetVariable 
veh1 addAction ["ARM - Indirect Fire Mode", "\pook_SAM\scripts\ARMRadarEngage.sqf","",5,false,true,"AutoHoverCancel","veh1 
veh1 addAction ["ARM - Cancel ELS", "\pook_SAM\scripts\ARMRadarCancel.sqf","",5,false,true,"LockTarget","veh1 GetVariable 
'ELS_Active' == 1"];
veh1 addAction ["ARM – Secondary Fire Mode", "\pook_SAM\scripts\ARMRadarDetectandFire.sqf","",5,false,true,","veh1 
GetVariable 'ELS_Active' == 1];

Now that the tractors have sounds this mod is unbelievably good. 

The sounds are a product of PhysX now, due to changes in the inheritance tree.  So yeah they now make sounds AND drive on the terrain correctly (well for the most part).

there is a typo in the code in the guide. 

init on planes should read, if I'm not mistaken

'ELS_Active' == 1"]; 
veh1 addAction ["ARM – Secondary Fire Mode", "\pook_SAM\scripts\ARMRadarDetectandFire.sqf","",5,false,true,"veh1 GetVariable 'ELS_Active' == 1"];

Guide reads

'ELS_Active' == 1"];
veh1 addAction ["ARM – Secondary Fire Mode", "\pook_SAM\scripts\ARMRadarDetectandFire.sqf","",5,false,true,","veh1 
GetVariable 'ELS_Active' == 1];

Good catch!  I'll update the Guide.

Regarding SA20 damage effects.  I'm sick and tired of people pointing out the the missiles are under-powered, so I'll likely increase those closer to "one shot one kill" but not fully for reasons cited.  Let's hope you can spoof them, otherwise it is certain death if you cannot.  This will be more true to Real Life at the expense of pissing off in-game pilots, but in Real Life you need to achieve control of the air space before you run missions in the AO. 

Thanks for the feedback!

• Like 3

You added engine noises yay!

This mod is fantastic now 11/10 

First of all thanks for this nice mod hcpookie! :cc:

I have a question, is there any possiblity to configure the default settings for the SAMs?
What I mean is, can I make for instance s-300 weaker than your initial setup? Or can I decrease its scanning range and so on?
I think if there is such possibility (maybe a config file or something) you will not have any heachaches due to comments regarding damage effects and so on ;)

Pookie, once again thanks for the recent change to RHS/Vanilla/CUP optional PBOs.  I managed to get several of our pilots to start testing the mod and they are enjoying what they see.
This should bring a LOT of fun and challenge to Air and ground operations to deal with the AAA/SAM environment in the future.

I just went back and re-read the entire thread. I saw that right nowthe KH25 and ALARM missiles are the only operational ARM missiles in your pack.

It looked like the USAF pack might have an AGM88 that is working against your SAMS also?

Do you have a list of ECM scripts or mods, like in USAF, or Firewills releases that work against your Radars?

I understand if you don't.  Not asking for you to do any work regarding those, just seeing if there is anything that works regarding ECM jamming against your stuff.

Yes, natively I have only ALARM and Kh-25MP (or AS-12 if you prefer).  USAF AGM-88 will have native support for radiation detection/attack in the next release. 

My EF2000 supports the ARM scripts.

My Flanker pack soon will.

I believe there is another AGM-88 elsewhere that supports but I'm drawing a blank... AWS I think?  Fairly certain it supports radar attack vs. my SAM's for the most part.  I have updated the ARM scripts so that would be up to those mod makers to update accordingly.

This is also used in Unsung... the AGM-45 Shrike (close your eyes when you fire! lol) and the AGM-78.  Those were the only two functional in the Vietnam period, with the AGM-78 being a late-war development.  Shrike was however the main anti-radar attack missile.  Point being the same SAM/ARM functionality exists in the Unsung mod.

Those are the ones I know of at present. However the Guide (you have read it haven't you????) lists the details necessary for ANY plane to use the AR functionality in mission format.  This negates the need for "native" support and puts it into the hands of the mission makers.  Observe the typo reported a few posts above this...

Yeah, that typo was found by one of my unit mates.  ;) 
We're getting things implemented now in a testing mission for our guys.

We have AWS and are trying out some FIR F16s alongside our normal F18s.  
We noticed that using the AWS loadout manager alongside the INIT added ALARMs made for some funkiness with pylon loadouts. 
It was causing missiles to be clumped up on one pylon, or poking out the front of an F16's air inlet.
I'll see if we can get some pictures to show what I am talking about.

Are there any ECM or jamming systems that work against your missiles?

And yes, I've gone over the manual a couple times.  I'll try to jam all the info again, but my gamer ADD sometimes intrudes.

Thanks again! 

Oh!  So, I saw that you were asked about Zeus spawning of AAA/SAM assets in a post before.   We tried out placing some sites via Zeus last night, and got very mixed results.  

For the most part, it seemed like sites would not launch at our planes, and we only got radar hits intermittently. 
I assume this is because the Sites need to be present when the mission init is run? so that only sites placed in the Editor while making the mission will spawn and fire correctly.

While we could access and place Sites via Zeus, we could not access individual units.  Would being able to place individual units with Zeus impede their proper working via your scripts? 
We tend to run a lot of free form Zeus missions and being able to place targets or threats while in mission would be great.
If that is not possible because of the scripting I understand.

There is a check for the eden editor.  It waits until it is "NOT" in eden editor, then completes.  I tested this successfully using different terrains.

Are there any ECM or jamming systems that work against your missiles?

Not yet.  Which is why the role of the Wild Weasel is so important :)

The upcoming FA18 Growler plane will be able to jam.  I have not pursued that yet on my own... started helping Tetet and co. on the solution but have moved since it started and been busy with other things to contribute more than that.  I think they pretty much ran with the ball all the way :)

The scripting solutions I know of were pioneered by Franze's Su-17 addon back in A1.  They should be fairly easy to replicate... so a "setVector" and/or "setDir" based on a few criteria. 

There will be some wrinkles to iron out, like how to simulate vs. a "home on jam" missile, or how to simulate the published capabilities of some of the newer systems like SA-20 such as spread-spectrum frequency hopping.  There should be some criteria check in the scripts to avoid a "Magic Missile Shield".  I intend to add some config data to the missiles so there is a reference the scripts can use in the future.

We have AWS and are trying out some FIR F16s alongside our normal F18s.  
We noticed that using the AWS loadout manager alongside the INIT added ALARMs made for some funkiness with pylon loadouts. 
It was causing missiles to be clumped up on one pylon, or poking out the front of an F16's air inlet.
I'll see if we can get some pictures to show what I am talking about.

Regarding the proxy issues, you'll have to make sure the magazine count is added properly.  Setting aircraft proxy counts with the loadouts is a tedious chore of a task.  You can look at my EF2000 MLOD's to get an idea of the needs in the config.  Suffice to say that if the magazine count is too short or too long, you get the strange proxy behavior, putting multiple proxies on each pylon, or "wrapping" around so to speak from the last proxy to the first proxy to complete the visual load.  Enjoy that chore of a problem!  :)

Oh!  So, I saw that you were asked about Zeus spawning of AAA/SAM assets in a post before.   We tried out placing some sites via Zeus last night, and got very mixed results.  

For the most part, it seemed like sites would not launch at our planes, and we only got radar hits intermittently. 
I assume this is because the Sites need to be present when the mission init is run? so that only sites placed in the Editor while making the mission will spawn and fire correctly.

While we could access and place Sites via Zeus, we could not access individual units.  Would being able to place individual units with Zeus impede their proper working via your scripts? 
We tend to run a lot of free form Zeus missions and being able to place targets or threats while in mission would be great.
If that is not possible because of the scripting I understand.

The sites are not meant for human interaction.  Not sure what you mean by "access individual units" however the sites themselves have a serious amount of scripting underneath the covers to make them work. You cannot access anything in the site due to these scripting solutions.  You shouldn't even be able to get into the vehicles.  Were you to somehow get into the vehicles, I doubt you could do anything with the vehicles since the scripting is meant to do it.

A non-site unit should be normally accessible/driveable/usable like normal.

Their firing process takes several things into consideration, and simulates Real Life reaction times in a very subjective fashion.  This was done to avoid "Terminator-Bot" behavior.  They may/may not fire on you in the way you think they will...

- very-close proximity may keep the sites from firing.  Edit to add - most of the SAM's in this mod have a minimum range of several KM!  meaning in most cases, were the real values to be used, they probably wouldn't even work in the maps we have in the game.

- Terrain blockage may also keep them from firing. 

- Timing of their knowledge of your plane... flying NOE then pop-up at the last minute may catch them unaware of your presence, taking several seconds/minutes for them to get you in their sites, so to speak. 

All of this was done to simulate realistic behaviors and of course it still relies on stupid AI to follow the commands they were given.  Edit to add all of this of course is usually in a scenario of a 10km - 20km map, so we are limited quite a bit.

Finally, all of this is discussed in the Guide.  You should read it :)

• Like 3

Thanks for the information about inner workings and site behavior! 

In Zeus missions, the Moderator has access to units in an Eden like GUI, that lets them place units from the Editor down in real time.  They can then direct those units as they see fit by giving them waypoints and setting their behaviors.
In Zeus, the Sites can be placed, but individual units (non site spawned), like Sam launchers, Radars, Guns etc cannot be placed  while a mission is running at this time.

Sites and their spawned components appear to not be engaging correctly when brought in via Zeus.

I was just wondering if it was a decision on your part to keep non-site spawned units out of Zeus because of scripting issues, or they just haven't been configured for access via Zeus or something.

Well I added all the config values I know of for zeus... "scopecurator = 2" and classes in the cfgpatches section.  Is there somethign else they need?  They are all under a new editor subcategory...

I'll look around some more.  All we could find in Zeus were the Sites. 
I'm not sure how to get them into Zeus actually, just a plebe mission builder for my unit.  I'll see if some of the more Arma savvy guys know how to get units included for Zeus.

Thanks for all your work!

Yeah I don't know either.  I tried running MP and hosting a mission, however nothing but the default editor subclasses are present.  Not even my custom stuff like the AAF OPFOR is visible.  I know my stuff is loaded, however.  I can load a camo net ammo crate for example.  I don't know.  Zeus mode is L-A-M-E

I know you can see everything in the virtual arsenal :) 

Fixed the typo of the code in the guide.

'ELS_Active' == 1"]; 

I've updated the Guide.  New PDF with this correction is on my onedrive.

• Like 1

hi hcpookie 

tankyou for update  but Electronic warfare system still comfortable dodge  missiles.

Comfortable with flare flee  jet fighter.

do not efect In some jet fighter missiles Sa-10 and 20.

Please fix these bugs. 

I think he means he can dodge the coming surface missiles with flare and thinks it is a bug and a plane should not be able to dodge :)

Hello ;)

We have an interesting mode, thanks

But there are bugs in it: :angry:

For example, the smoke effect is poorly developed.

Or in a hundred missiles to airplanes is very low and unacceptable.

Even in some cases it is enough to rocket strike fighter Feller :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

That it missed its target for the S-300 missiles is not acceptable at all. B)

Some of these posts smack of missile fandom. I never knew there was such a thing. Look it up chaps. No missile is 100% effective modern stuff is POH around 85 to 90% based on real world results. That includes all the most modern kit including the much vaunted s300 and 400 systems - and that's Before you add the variable of jamming, flaring/chaffing, evasive manoeuvres I.e. A pilot that know what he's doing and blind good fortune. So no missile system is perfect - it just can't be. However much you are a fan :-)

So, re-reading the guide today something in the  first section jumps out to me.  

Paraphrasing "Individually placed site assets (single guns, SAM launchers etc, that are linked in editor to a Radar or Spawned in via Zeus and grouped together) do NOT benefit from the Special AI scripting that you built for Spawned Sites. "

We were doing some testing last night with editor placed sites, and I set out a small 3 gun ZU-23 site attached to an S09 trailer radar. 
It seemed as if the Radar was functioning, as we could target it with ALARMs and even took it out.  

Does the above information about ad-hoc sites mean the units I placed via Zeus are not taking advantage of the Radar targetting abilities at all?  Or are they just not using the enhanced AI scripting you built?  Will the ad-hoc guns attached to that radar be able to get any advantage from having a Radar grouped to them?

Difficulties:

1-Electronic warfare system will easily distract the missiles.

2-Fighter with flare comfortable handling flee

3-Sa 10 sa 20 missiles and missile systems, and some of the most collisions, does no harm to enemy fighters.