BohemiaBeck

Arma 3 Units - Feedback thread

so what was the reason to disable the old flawless working "squad.xml" system?

this:

class Identity
{
	squad="https://googledrive.com/host/0B1gWUNu0kwK1aFhqV2VxSzkycmc/squad.xml";
};

stopped working with update 1.64, could we please have if possible old system back?

I see no need force all to use this new units page.

why disable anything that worked now for ages without any problems ..... <_<

With 1.64 our unit logo in-game shows as white tile, with error of "Warning Message: Cannot load mipmap c:\users\<username>\appdata\local\arma 3\units\tac\rh7wdcvxtj.paa".

so what was the reason to disable the old flawless working "squad.xml" system?

this:

class Identity
{
	squad="https://googledrive.com/host/0B1gWUNu0kwK1aFhqV2VxSzkycmc/squad.xml";
};

stopped working with update 1.64, could we please have if possible old system back?

I see no need force all to use this new units page.

why disable anything that worked now for ages without any problems ..... <_<

There should be no changes to the way regular old squad.xml is used. I just tested and appears working.

Did you make any other recent changes related to your squad.xml?

I get a 504 error trying to access the URL you listed. That google url is not working for me.

With 1.64 our unit logo in-game shows as white tile, with error of "Warning Message: Cannot load mipmap c:\users\<username>\appdata\local\arma 3\units\tac\rh7wdcvxtj.paa".

Could you try to re-upload your logo?

4b23eRA.png

Could you try to re-upload your logo?

That seems to have fixed it, thank you!

• Like 1

Why was the ability to use certain punctuation in the titles removed? Why was it changed at all? After a suggestion I made was denied, the reason was you guys said you wouldn't be changing anything because it would mess with the website...  and now it has, in a very detrimental manner.

Reposting since this question was skipped.

I have searched but came back with nothing. My unit is created and functioning ok https://units.arma3.com/unit/anarchyukbut i cannot get the logo to display on vehicles ingame. Could someone please point me in the direction of a simple solution to get the logo to display ingame. 

Many thanks in advance 

When in the editing section of a unit page, clicking 'VIEW UNIT PAGE' opens a new tab instead of opening the unit page in that tab.

Please change that, because the way it is done now is kind of annoying when you are trying to tweak things about the page or change peoples ranks.

(I tend to end up with about 10 opened tabs)

This is solved, my steam profile was registered to the wrong account,

Hello i am currently trying to use my squad in game but i don't know why the launcher just doesn't show the squad i created or i joined :

Public one : https://units.arma3.com/unit/france-units

The one i created : https://units.arma3.com/unit/cfa

The launcher just show Empty Squad emplacement and propose me to join one,

Also i have already tried to relink my steam profile and Arma3 account, it say the account is already linked.

This how ever is weird :

Edit now it is mark unlinked and when i try to link it after the Steam redirection i am stuck on this page : https://account.bistudio.com/?cf=trueand on the top Right i am not loged in

Here is a little picture to explain : 1475493909-bug-arma3-com.png

Thanks in advance, and sorry for my poor english :S

I have searched but came back with nothing. My unit is created and functioning ok https://units.arma3.com/unit/anarchyukbut i cannot get the logo to display on vehicles ingame. Could someone please point me in the direction of a simple solution to get the logo to display ingame. 

Many thanks in advance 

Anything on this please? 

thanks in advance

Hello, yes you are correct, unfortunately after 1.64 update there is a display issue with the Unit description and squad.xml data on the player info in game. https://feedback.bistudio.com/T120466

The issue is being investigated and it is planned to be resolved soon.

Reposting since this question was skipped.

Some restrictions to certain characters were made so that the administration of the system would properly function. For your case I will send you a PM so we can discuss it further so I can get more details.

When in the editing section of a unit page, clicking 'VIEW UNIT PAGE' opens a new tab instead of opening the unit page in that tab.

Please change that, because the way it is done now is kind of annoying when you are trying to tweak things about the page or change peoples ranks.

(I tend to end up with about 10 opened tabs)

This is intended functionality and will likely not change. On the one hand the situation you describe might be troublesome for when you are editing, however on the other hand there are beneficial reasons to separating the view into a new window to see it as a user would see it when they are browsing through the Units system.

• Like 1

Has anyone requested you expand the Ranks section to add all these Enlisted and Officer Ranks to the scale?  Or do something close to this.

ENLISTED:

- Recruit (No Strips)

- Private (1 Chevron)

- Private First Class (2 Chevrons)

- Corporal (2 below, 1 up)

- Sergeant (3 below, 1 up)

- Staff Sergeant (3 below, 2 up)

- Master Sergeant (3 below, 3 up)

- First Sergeant (Same as MSgt but with Diamond in Middle)

Sergeant Major (Same as MSgt but with Star in the Middle)

OFFICER:

Second Lieutenant (Single Gold Bar)
First Lieutenant (Single Silver Bar)

Captain (Double Silver Bars)

Major (Gold Leaf)

Lieutenant Colonel (Silver Leaf)

Colonel (Eagle)

Brigadier General (1 Silver Star)

Major General (2 Silver Stars in a row)

Lieutenant General (3 Silver Stars in a row)

General (4 silver stars in a row)

Thank you for your consideration!

AV8R

On the Member's Profile page, create a link to that member's units they are subscribed to.

AV8R

Good morning, I'm trying to upload my unit logo but everytime i got an error, i edited the file 8 times already.

Sending you a pm.

Good morning, I'm trying to upload my unit logo but everytime i got an error, i edited the file 8 times already.

Did you fix it?  Make sure it's PNG format and 400x400PXL under 300KB.  You may have to set it up as JPEG first, format it, then safe as PNG file...I had the same problem till I did that.

AV8R

Did you fix it?  Make sure it's PNG format and 400x400PXL under 300KB.  You may have to set it up as JPEG first, format it, then safe as PNG file...I had the same problem till I did that.

AV8R

Hello AV8R_Six_One,

We did manage to get it resolved for voodoo.shogun, there was indeed something a miss in his original image file format even though it was listed as PNG. I grabbed his original image which was in PNG but at an odd small file size, used an image editor (pixlr.com), created a transparency layer and saved it out as a new file in PNG, optimized it with tinypng.com and it worked fine after that. Thank you for suggesting that it might have been JPG then saved as PNG, that might very well be what was going on and I will be looking into it a bit more now based on that theory.

Also, thank you for the feedback suggestions you have made, it is appreciated!

BohemiaBeck

• Like 1

I so far don't have any complaints about the Units. They seem like a really cool concept and I'm working on getting mine going

Hello everybody,

Since we are opening a new MILSIM team, we created a arma Unit : https://units.arma3.com/unit/brothersinarma

We noticed some problems concerning :

1 - The server info on arma unit page :

Could not reach server: 149.202.87.175:2302

2 - our team (clan) logo is not available on uniforms neither on vehicle only on our server. We do not have this problem on others. We are running a Linux server and play with Alive Mod / War room.

Does anybody know how to fix these above problems ?

Many thanks in advance

For some reason under my name profile name in the game it always says "Find a unit" when im already in my own unit and have connected my steam account the BI website. 

What can i do to fix it?

Greetings Sir Beck...thanks for the feedback...you guys are doing a superb job with the Units Beta and I truly appreciate having this tool!

BIS Feedback/Recommendation...make the unit emblem or patch page have two graphic spots.  One for a colorful unit logo on the UNITS page, and a second one for a subdued patch that is not so bright in game...i.e., on the shoulder or vehicle.  The second slot could be directed to the Squad XML position while the other main photo could be on the units page only.  The current system forces us to choose one or the other.

Samples:

Hi Vis and Low Vis...

Kjct8YLb8P.png FRDlH24AJ0.png

• Like 1

Hello,

I'm having problems with Arma 3 Units on my server. XML squads are working fine, however if me or any one else with different Arma 3 Unit joins the server, there is no Unit Tag, logo, nothing.

I'm running Linux DS, can't find anything in logs that would suggest an error with A3 Units that I can fix.

Any one else had this problem? 

When I join another server, the Patch on shoulder and emblem on vehicle works fine

Hello,

I'm having problems with Arma 3 Units on my server. XML squads are working fine, however if me or any one else with different Arma 3 Unit joins the server, there is no Unit Tag, logo, nothing.

I'm running Linux DS, can't find anything in logs that would suggest an error with A3 Units that I can fix.

Any one else had this problem? 

I noticed that the Patch on the shoulder and on the vehicle works fine, but it no longer shows up on the player name from the map list view.   Not sure if it was changed.