BohemiaBeck

Arma 3 Units - Feedback thread

I wanna say that you guys from Bohemia are very lazy. I'm alone did my own the unit's editor with working dele Hutton, joining members, kicking and banning members, editor, users profiles and squad.xml dynamic generation which supporting more than one Arma player id's per user! And all of this I've done in 5 days!!!

• Like 1

I wanna say that you guys from Bohemia are very lazy. I'm alone did my own the unit's editor with working dele Hutton, joining members, kicking and banning members, editor, users profiles and squad.xml dynamic generation which supporting more than one Arma player id's per user! And all of this I've done in 5 days!!!

Hi Stuzer05,

I understand your frustration. Unfortunately the units system that we're creating is not as simple as it might seem on the surface, there are many services involved in this and need to be implemented properly, for us to be able to go forward with our future plans. Also we are looking for web developers for our team in Prague, so if you feel like joining us, send me a PM ;)

I'm trying to change my unit emblem. But when I select new and press "save" nothing happens. Maybe it just a lag?

I CANT MAKE A UNIT, doesnt give me option to continue 

I'm having the same sort of issue with my unit, I can no longer seem to edit the unit, I think it could most likely be a database issue with the server

I'm trying to change my unit emblem. But when I select new and press "save" nothing happens. Maybe it just a lag?

I'm having the same sort of issue with my unit, I can no longer seem to edit the unit, I think it could most likely be a database issue with the server

Hi,

thank you for the report, the issues should be resolved now.

Surprised to see URDU missing from the primary language options. Please add it. Its one of the dominant languages worldwide and very beautiful. I want to register but wont till Urdu is added.

I'm having an issue where the group website shows red after entering HitCorp-Intl.Co.Uk (Of course with the http:// it puts automatically before it.) After this, I can't press continue.

Ok, I took the capitals out as one last test before submitting it on the feedback tracker and it worked.

Would it be possible to somehow alter the group size system you have in place? It seems rather arbitrary. Our community for instance has over 700 registered users, between 200-300 active players and hosts two 100+ player weekly game sessions. All this is summed up in one number "100+". The "members" function, once launched, will of course improve the situation, but as it is, the current system is meaningless. For instance, switching the category to "game size" would be better. Then people would know what scale of games the particular unit or community is playing.

While you're at that, it would be good to have the option to filter out multi-gaming communities that in reality have a very small ARMA presence and other unit listings that barely count as communities e.g. generic mod community listings.

Looking forward to the new functionality. Good job so far!

I would like to say that Arma3 Units is amazing. I love how easy is to access and register your unit. Hopefully this will help my regiment get a few more guys interested in fighting in the Vietnam War.

Also can't wait for the Community Hub to open, hopefully that will make requiring ever easier

Hello,

When i want go to browse team on unit by filter i have all time this error -> Error Fetching Data

Hello,

When i want go to browse team on unit by filter i have all time this error -> Error Fetching Data

Hi,

there was a very short service outage, it should work now, thanks for the report!

How would a unit go about requesting transferring our unit's access from one BIS account to another? One of our junior members made the beta page with his account, neglecting to tell us that it ties to a BIS account. We would like to transfer it to the BIS account of one of our senior leadership members.

This is a pretty important thing to implement, since a junior member could leave the unit/be removed and still have access to edit our public page.

How would a unit go about requesting transferring our unit's access from one BIS account to another? One of our junior members made the beta page with his account, neglecting to tell us that it ties to a BIS account. We would like to transfer it to the BIS account of one of our senior leadership members.

This is a pretty important thing to implement, since a junior member could leave the unit/be removed and still have access to edit our public page.

I believe it was mentioned earlier, that this will be possible in some way later.

I have spent the past couple hours using the units.arma3.com service to try and find a new group to play with and I am extremely disappointed.

Out of all the groups I have looked at so far, only one of them had any actual contact information that I could use (e.g. a teamspeak address or server address).  Everything just tells me to go apply instead on their shitty angelfire forum that has no posts or activity on it.

Hello, it is planned to implement a feature for the ability to transfer ownership of an Arma 3 Unit from one account to another in a future update.

I have spent the past couple hours using the units.arma3.com service to try and find a new group to play with and I am extremely disappointed.

Out of all the groups I have looked at so far, only one of them had any actual contact information that I could use (e.g. a teamspeak address or server address).  Everything just tells me to go apply instead on their shitty angelfire forum that has no posts or activity on it.

The Arma 3 Units is still a very new system and there are many additional planned features that may help improve your options to finding the right Unit for you.

• Like 1

I read the feedback in the main topic and I am not sure I understand the coming soon "PLAY NOW" feature. Any explanation please?

Hi

I have been trying to edit our unit page, but for some reason i cannot save changes. A "forbidden access" icon pops up over the save button ?

I have tried using firefox, chrome and Edge, no joy.

Is the site under maintanance ?

I'm getting an error message every time i try and register my unit.

"Error updating unit"

Hi

I have been trying to edit our unit page, but for some reason i cannot save changes. A "forbidden access" icon pops up over the save button ?

I have tried using firefox, chrome and Edge, no joy.

Is the site under maintanance ?

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing some problems, please send me a PM and state the name of the Unit and the account that created the unit. 

I can't finish my unit registration, because the unit emblem color doesn't turn from green to red. I can upload all kinds of png files that are minimal 400x400 and below 300kB but nothing changes. It breaks the unit registration.

I can't finish my unit registration, because the unit emblem color doesn't turn from green to red. I can upload all kinds of png files that are minimal 400x400 and below 300kB but nothing changes. It breaks the unit registration.

Hi The_Nightstalk3r,

there was a bug there, refresh the page and it should work now, sorry for the inconvenience. 

So I've had a few ideas for unit customization and after searching for months for mods like my ideas, I've decided that I would like to make my own. I'm really not sure what forums to put this in or where to ask it, but if I were to start from scratch, what programs would I use? Where would I get dimensions for the default unit body? If anyone has suggestions, it would be great but if you know where I could ask this question for unit developers, then that would be even better! As long as I can get the information on where you actually start with it, I have the ability to go from there. But what 3d software do they use etc.

"Language" needs to be implemented in SEARCH tool.

Gamers probably would like to search units in native language at first place.

Thank you in advance.

​THATS MY BAD! Sorry. :(

I found it !