BohemiaBeck

Arma 3 Units - Feedback thread

"About" section: It appears that lower case 'i' letters are displayed as capital. It doesn't seem like the font design since in the editor it looks in lower case as one would expect.

• Like 1

My unit disappeared today and when I try to remake it I get "name must be unique".

I can't find it in a search and when I go the units.arma3.com/units/myunit I get "Whoops, looks like something went wrong."

What to do?

Our unit uses enjin's built in application system to accept applicants, however in A3 units you can only use an email address as far as I can see. Would it be possible to make it so that you can add a link to the application form in the 'apply' section. It is my understanding that many other units operate on similar principals for applications, be it enjin or forum based. 

We would appreciate any assistance on this.

http://units.arma3.com/unit/tier1ops- Unit link for your reference

Seems to be fixed.

I think it is a really cool Idea, a few sudjestions I have: 1) allow unit admins to edit the unit profile 2) add a way for admins to accept or reject aplications 3) provide a list of public list of members and an accurate count of the members 4) Make it so you can invite unit members to arma 3 ops using arma 3, not steam, as in intagrate the 2 of the

My unit disappeared today and when I try to remake it I get "name must be unique".

I can't find it in a search and when I go the units.arma3.com/units/myunit I get "Whoops, looks like something went wrong."

What to do?

Sending you a PM.

I cannot press the "save" button when editing my unit. (tried to change clantag, but also other changes did not allowed me to press "save") 
Edit: Fixed

• Like 1

I made a unit and I thought i could change some fields like adding ts after creating and other fields. please make it where we can change the settings.

I made a unit and I thought i could change some fields like adding ts after creating and other fields. please make it where we can change the settings.

Hi Gaz12, when you're logged in with your Bohemia Account, then go to 'My Units' - you will see your unit listed and there's an 'Edit' button on the top right corner of your unit thumbnail. From here you can edit everything. Hope that helps, good luck!

"About" section: It appears that lower case 'i' letters are displayed as capital. It doesn't seem like the font design since in the editor it looks in lower case as one would expect.

This is actually a font issue that appear when using a certain bold type.

One simple change request: For unit tags, have it replace "[[" by "[", and "]]" by "]". Double brackets just look silly as in the creator of the unit didn't know whether the system would automatically add brackets or not.

Would also like to see some more specific information about the playstyle. I'd like to know if a group is restricted to first person view or if they are using scopes (and other high tech military stuff) in their operations.

There is a difference between the Shactac style (no or just 1x scopes) and groups where you are free to choose your loadout as long as you play your role. 

The "attitude" is actually not helping here (again Shacktac has "Semi-realism", but how exactly is that defined? It's more like "Realism" imo).

• Like 3

Would also like to see some more specific information about the playstyle. I'd like to know if a group is restricted to first person view or if they are using scopes (and other high tech military stuff) in their operations.

There is a difference between the Shactac style (no or just 1x scopes) and groups where you are free to choose your loadout as long as you play your role. 

The "attitude" is actually not helping here (again Shacktac has "Semi-realism", but how exactly is that defined? It's more like "Realism" imo).

While true, remember that it is impossible to cagetorize everything. Some stuff simply needs to be put in prose writing.

Think of issue trackers. There are like 30 fields that you can sort and filter by. But when you do it for units, all it does is filter out units you could actually be interested in but are slightly outside your search scope.

Just a little suggestion: I think it would be a good idea to place a link to ArmA 3 units in the forum header, either under the "Community" tab or in the gap between "Store" and "Forums".

• Like 1

If that will be implemented, I'd like to see respawn (yes/no) option. Whether respawn is allowed or not tells a lot about the game mentality of the group.

+10

Semi-realistic etc. can be quite anything.

I can't seem to upload any images. I have made sure they are the correct dimensions and filesizes but after the blue upload bar fills, it unflls and says "unit successfully updated". But there is no change and images are not applied.

Screenshots work, but emblem and header just disappear after trying to save

I can't seem to upload any images. I have made sure they are the correct dimensions and filesizes but after the blue upload bar fills, it unflls and says "unit successfully updated". But there is no change and images are not applied.

I'm having the same issue. Unable to remove my Unit's current header and replace it.

I'm having the same issue. Unable to remove my Unit's current header and replace it.

Ah glad it isn't just me.

I didn't get as far as getting a header or emblem to stick though.

Thanks for the report, the bug should be fixed now ;) apologies for the inconvenience.

Thanks for the report, the bug should be fixed now ;) apologies for the inconvenience.

Thank you for the quick fix!! All working now.

I'm trying to login to URL
http://units.arma3.com

I'm getting this message when attempting to login (continuous loop)

Error fetching data
Error fetching filter lists.

Is this a general/global issue or just to my account?

I'm trying to login to URL

http://units.arma3.com

I'm getting this message when attempting to login (continuous loop)

Error fetching data

Error fetching filter lists.

Is this a general/global issue or just to my account?

Works fine for me.

Works fine for me.

Thanks - I forgot to re-reply here to say that it was an issue on BIS end.

The issue is no longer present so BIS must have resolved the issue.

I think the Arma 3 Units page is amazing. I like how easy it is to create or join a team. The page looks and feels nice. You can find teams fast and easy. I made a team called 28th Special Forces Unit. We are recruiting for anyone who's interested. http://units.arma3.com/unit/28thsfu