BohemiaBeck

Arma 3 Units - Feedback thread

My friend reported to me an error trying to log in using their Steam account without first having a Bohemia account.

got error:

{"success":false,"message":"Permission denied.","code":403}

It worked after creating a Bohemia and linking the Steam account.

Hello, i am from Russia and i cant change unit's logotype. I have an error after try to change. 

Hello, my problem is, I can not upload a UNIT PROFILE HEADER, if I want to upload it will not be displayed. It is the right size, it is loading and is not displayed. Here is also the page where this header should be https://units.arma3.com/unit/gamingcommunity

I'm having the same problem, but I can't also upload the Emblem. Keep getting an error, in a red square, and pics won't be loaded.

UPDATE: I had to recreate my unit to be able to add emblem and profile header, although I can't change it later. I also can't change descriptions.

• Like 1

I'm having the same problem, but I can't also upload the Emblem. Keep getting an error, in a red square, and pics won't be loaded.

Same here, i keep getting red square errors when trying tot change the logo!

Hello, i have a problem. I created squad via squad manager, but in game i can't see emblem of my squad on my game model. My friend can see his and even my emblem without any problems instead of me. Pls help

Hey,

I am trying to change the unit emblem. I can upload a new image but can not delete the old one.

EDIT > Just had to press the save button...herp derp

Just scrolled through all the units and I noticed that the service seems to be cluttered with "lol xd (swastika logo)" posts and "one man units". Would it not be possible to delete units automatically if they did not go beyond the size of 1-3 members in 1 week? Reducing the amount of units that were created as a "joke", "test" or out of a spontaneous whim with no serious interest in building a unit would surely improve the service as a whole and make it actually usable.

Hi

I have the problem where all other players can see my unit emblem on my vehicle, but I can not. I do not see any unit emblems of any units at all. Yes my accounts are linked, unit is registered and is working for my other squad members. Please advise what the problem could be.

my squad: https://units.arma3.com/unit/b2k-gaming-unit

thank you

Edited by Bosveld
Adding info

Regards BI Units,

My problem is with the configuration of the servers of the unit in the section OPERATIONS-> HOSTED SERVERS-> SERVER # 01.

I can use an IP, but not a URL.

Our clan server uses a dynamic IP, so we manage it after a noip.com URL.
Is it very difficult to add this option?

Thank you and excuse my English (translator).

• Like 1

This is Household Division

the unit manager is Great addition.

Only feedback isn't negative but there are parts like play now or team announcements that are greyed out or coming soon. its not a bother though as we have just set up so in the planning stage. if its coming we can wait. 

Any idea on if these are meant to be operational or if a date is set though?

regards

Maj Gen H Hour

Steam profile:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/H_HOUR/

Any way you can make it so you can select the rank insignia for each member individually? I want members to be admins, but I don't want members of my group who are Sergeant First Class to have a Colonel insignia next to their name?

• Like 2

do eny body know if insignias is gonna be a part of this unit thing ore just xlm

On 1/20/2017 at 3:48 AM, loopdk said:

do eny body know if insignias is gonna be a part of this unit thing ore just xlm

In no way can i speak FOR Bohemia, however the chances are very low for insignias to be a part of Units.Bohemia. Squad XML is something that can be set via bohemia launcher, However Insignias are an in game addon which are two very separate features.

Hi all, thank you for reporting the issues you've experienced, and suggesting improvements for Arma 3 Units. For the past few months, and probably for the next few months, the development of new features for the service was unfortunately put on hold as our web team needs to work on other online services here at Bohemia Interactive. Nonetheless, we'll keep track of problems with the existing functionality and try to resolve them as soon as they pop up, and we still intend/hope to pick up development of new Arma 3 Units features later this year. Apologies for the delay, and thank you for your patience and understanding!

Hi there,

I can't recall linking my reddit post in here, since it's a suggestion regarding A3Units a while back:

mtgdsesczftx.gif

Here's what I commented on my post myself:

"I expected that there was already a design, but after 3 years of using spreadsheets/steam/teamspeak to show events and monitor attendance, I hoped that by making this suggestion, you'd implement some of these features that would litterally change the popularity/usability of the website. Things like a simple click to show if you are interested in a mission or being able to sign up as a role should definitely be implemented!"

Furthermore, pretty sure you already had this request, but just backing it up: Just make the size counter go over 100, seems like there is no real reason to cap it and display '+100'.

Also, please remove the 'feature' (not sure if) that admins of the unit show up with the Major icon, as seen here: http://prntscr.com/e17jln

The current way 'ranks' on the website are handled (talking about the names of the ranks (UNIT LEADERS, EXEC OFFICERS, OFFICERS, ENLISTED), the icons (bound to the rank, unchangeable)) is not sufficient.

I sincerely suggest allowing units to create their own ranks, allowing them to create up to, for instance, 15, and name themas they see fit. This, together with being able to give people specific titles would definetly be sufficient.

• Like 4

I would love to see the events and announcements roll out. Any ETA on a update? Seems we have not heard much yet. My only suggestion is that on the members list after a certain number of users are enrolled you have multiple pages showing the members list as when trying to manage the group it runs SLOOOW. Check out Hostile Takeover - when I try and change someone ranks it takes forever loading all the names every time. 

Jakob

Edited by JakobHT
spelling

On 2016. 10. 17. at 5:35 AM, yacfr said:

Hello everybody,

Since we are opening a new MILSIM team, we created a arma Unit : https://units.arma3.com/unit/brothersinarma

We noticed some problems concerning :

1 - The server info on arma unit page :

Could not reach server: 149.202.87.175:2302

2 - our team (clan) logo is not available on uniforms neither on vehicle only on our server. We do not have this problem on others. We are running a Linux server and play with Alive Mod / War room.

Does anybody know how to fix these above problems ?

Many thanks in advance

I have same problem as this one. My unit's logo shows up in other servers but not ours.

We are currently using BIS Arma Units and here's our link: https://units.arma3.com/unit/bwbarma

Greetings BohemiaBeck, any timeline on when the Beta is going to 1.0 release candidate?

AV8R