extreing

The new unit system replaces squad.xml?

or only information on the website of the group and does not interact within the game?

or only information on the website of the group and does not interact within the game?

Its only information/advertisement area, Squad XML hasnt been replaced yet.

• Like 1

It will not replace squad.xml, but in the future we aim to have a more elegant solution for generating squad.xml via Arma 3 Units (and hopefully also implementing it in the game).

• Like 6

It will not replace squad.xml, but in the future we aim to have a more elegant solution for generating squad.xml via Arma 3 Units (and hopefully also implementing it in the game).

I'm extremely excited for this feature. Hopefully some more information in Thai regard becomes available after the release of 3DEN.

Any way to get this to display the Unit logo in game or is that not working yet?

• Like 1

Any way to get this to display the Unit logo in game or is that not working yet?

We are still resolving some issues. However, as a quick hack for now, if you have an existing unit on https://units.arma3.com (onewhich was created before the Arma 3 Apex release), you should re-upload the unit emblem PNG. The system will then automatically convert this to a PAA file so it can be displayed in-game. If you're a registering a brand new, it should work right away. We are currently working on a solution for the previously registered units, so that their unit emblem will also be converted to the appropriate file format retro-actively.

Please note that to make any of these in-game features work, you first need to link your Bohemia Account and Steam account first (click here).

Squad.xml is still supported in-game for those who want to use this solution.

• Like 1

hello, im just wondring if the rank system on the unit page can show up on arma 3 when we play together

We are still resolving some issues. However, as a quick hack for now, if you have an existing unit on https://units.arma3.com (onewhich was created before the Arma 3 Apex release), you should re-upload the unit emblem PNG. The system will then automatically convert this to a PAA file so it can be displayed in-game. If you're a registering a brand new, it should work right away. We are currently working on a solution for the previously registered units, so that their unit emblem will also be converted to the appropriate file format retro-actively.

Please note that to make any of these in-game features work, you first need to link your Bohemia Account and Steam account first (click here).

Squad.xml is still supported in-game for those who want to use this solution.

How do I get this to show as a xml for ingame, It hasn't worked so far. As in the unit embledm for my unit 400x400 PNG image is not being displayed as a PAA file ingame at all.

Try uploading it at 512x512. That's what got it to work for me.

For some reason you will need to upload an image of 512x512 px. Anything under will not be shown on Arma 3.

Also the size will need to be 100KB or less.

hello, im just wondring if the rank system on the unit page can show up on arma 3 when we play together

Also the rank system will not show in-game. It is mainly their for permissions at Rank 6 and Rank 7 to organise events (coming soon hopefully) and help add other players/manage them within your unit.

hey all i need some help, i have setup my squad in game

https://units.arma3.com/unit/tanoacountysheriffsoffice

has been setup for a while now , and the image used to show , just lately its stopped showing , i have reuploaded a new squad image and nothing (400 x 400)  have also done (512x512) and still nothing both PNG

the picture shows in my launcher with the squad, but in game the emblem is missing from showing on my vehicles

Thank you in advance for your help

cheers

Quick question: Does the Units function generate an XML file for members or is it linked some other way for inclusion to the Launcher?
I am attempting to ad members to my Alive War-room information and it includes the ability to import via XML.  I would like to just use our Arma 3 Units page to do this if possible.

• Like 1

I'm extremely excited for this feature. Hopefully some more information in Thai regard becomes available after the release of 3DEN.

There is no new announcement on this particular item at this time.

squad.xml can continue to be used as it has been in the past and once your BI account is linked to your Steam ID the Arma 3 Units logo displays in your in game profile if you have it tied to that profile.

Is their a particular feature or method you are looking for that is not already there?

Quick question: Does the Units function generate an XML file for members or is it linked some other way for inclusion to the Launcher?

It does not generate an xml, it is automatically linked to the in game profile once you have linked your BI account with Steam ID.

I am attempting to ad members to my Alive War-room information and it includes the ability to import via XML.  I would like to just use our Arma 3 Units page to do this if possible.

We will be taking this in as a feature request and it will be evaluated and considard. 

Hello all!

So I see that only the new website system arm3units is supposedly working with a display of profiles created for that user, but I have a custom XML file set up on a website called armasquads.com and the emblem and tags work in-game, but when looking at the players info and ping tab, you just see the client info and nothing about the unit, no name, IM or emblem. Is this gonna be fixed or do I have to completely restart this on the website?

Cheers.

So from what i am understanding Arma Units will eventually make using squad.xml easier?