Sign in to follow this  
colddna

slope behaviour

how do i get items to react to slope when importing from xcam to TB, i finally got mine imported but no item that i set to follow slope is actually doing that

There is nothing in TB that can do that  - but in X-cam there is a Slope function  you would need to use that first to set them all the correct angle/slope  - then import into TB  as it will keep the correct angle / slope

There is nothing in TB that can do that  - but in X-cam there is a Slope function  you would need to use that first to set them all the correct angle/slope  - then import into TB  as it will keep the correct angle / slope

That's what he's saying, he did the slope function but when it's in TB it just puts it normal, I've had the same thing happen :(

You can't, can you ? pretty sure you can't though.

I always have to fix sidewalks after importing.

gotta be an easier way thou that is just double the work if you want to use 3rd party stuff, it just doesnt make since

because i am really not going to alter 587k items in TB if i did it in Xcam, just strait up fuck that hahaha

No other way sorry, once you import they reset all pitch/angles and are vertical.

The fault if you can call it that is BI's, this happens with all 3rd party tools and Eden, yes the official BI tool suffers from it.

No other way sorry, once you import they reset all pitch/angles and are vertical.

The fault if you can call it that is BI's, this happens with all 3rd party tools and Eden, yes the official BI tool suffers from it.

Why does that not even shock me lol

Why does that not even shock me lol

I know, we've become used to it, just like the road smoothing in Terrain Processor also requires a 3rd party tool to work :lol: pretty sure it's company policy to annoy or make life difficult for the end user.

So pretty much turn slope completely off for now

I do yes, place them down normally and anything that requires tilting i finish with BD.

• Like 1

Ehhh hahaha okay I'm gonna have to game plan this then and make projects per town and then do it that way

On 11/30/2015 at 8:15 AM, 1para{god-father} said:

I've found that's not entirely accurate.  Some objects like sidewalks will work in this way, while others like piers will not.  Most fences and walls are built to slope to the ground, which doesn't happen in Xcam, and you can't just twist it to sit horizontal because it's still skewed(I know there's a setVectorUp class you can use for objects but I'm not sure how to do that with terrain objects).

I've learned all this the hard way as well, had to go back and fix a TON of fences etc.  I've learned what objects react in what way and place things in Xcam accordingly.  Go into TB and throw down different objects you plan to use on a hill side and see how they react.  Then once you have an idea of what objects you can place in xcam you can develop a workflow accordingly.  Unless uh... BI decides to fix their tool at some point... achem, not going to bother crossing my fingers on that one heh.