Gunter Severloh

(IFA3) Iron Front: Liberation 1944 in Arma3 - v1.14 Patch

nHtsq98.jpg

Hello Iron front fans!

I am please to announce the release of the last patch for IFA3, v1.14, & DLC patch v1.09!

Thanks to Kju, Jegor, Shvetz, Lennard, and the rest of the IFA3 team for those involved for their work on IFA3, we can also thank Lennard, and Shvetz

for their work on this version of the patch more specifically.

Download

Get the 1.14 patch here

http://www.missionrepository.com/ifa3-patches

Requirements

The v1.14 patch requires that you have your
Iron Front in Arma3 (IFA3) patched to the following:

• Iron Front A3 version: 1.10
  • Iron Front DLC version: 1.08
  • Iron Front version: 1.13

You can see these versions at the bottom right of the main menu
of the game while running arma3 with IFA3.

Installation - How to install the patches

Install the patches in order one at a time as follows:

1. IronFront_Arma3_CommunityPatch_1.13-1.14.exe

2. IronFront_DLC_Arma3_CommunityPatch_1.08-1.09

3. IFA3 Patch Fix for v1.14

Known BUGS

• MG42 has no sound, and sound comes after end of shot, hard to explain, basically no sound
  • Thompson is same issue as above
  • k98 has no rebolting sound
  • PPSH's have closure sounds (old bug)
  • Grenades in mp lag because of shrapnel
  • a lot of sounds are far too quiet, especially in first person (e.g. all aircraft cannons are barely audible)
  • Muzzle flash on stuka guns still not fixed
  • The "Pz Kpfw IV Ausf.H" tank has misplaced textures.

• Fw 190 is bugged - it's impossible to take off

• All Opel trucks have Bugged textures.

• Only ambulance, repair and refuel

• M3 halftrack the machinegunner do not eject when he dies, only in m3 halftrack , in m3 scout works fine.
  • Tanks are to loud
  • Satchels will not show on ground when trying to place them, they will not leave your inventory, mines, tripwires, and charges (detonator and wire) work np
  • Sherman and Tiger tanks possibly all the tanks when they explode their chassis disappears

Changelog

IFA3 Patch v1.14
==============
Author Lennard
==============

* Added Implemented bipods, new recoil and particle effects to infantry weapons.
 * Added Geometry Physx to planes + made them ready for A3.incomplete and verify if working
 * Added correct GunParticles effects for most infantry weapons (thanks to RobertHammer).
 * Added Mosin Nagant M38 and M44.
 * Added m44 bayonet as muzzle attachment.
 * Added new camo soldier (with high boots) (LIB_ger_infantrysoldier_camo2.p3d).
 * Added helmet with net.
 * Added TOP proxy for SVT40 PU sight.
 * Added German Ammo box.
 * Added front sight hood to match sign Brno 40 (1943 k98k model).

* Changed Improved particle and cartridge effects for most infantry weapons.
 * Changed Modified LIB_Colt_M1911 and lib_M38 memory point for empty shell casing particles.
 * Changed Minor changes to lib_mp40, lib_ppsh41_d, lib_ppsh41_m memory points.
 * Changed Moved several weapons' memory points usti hlavne.
 * Changed Moved lib_mg42 Zasleh memory point.
 * Fixed Corrected lib_M1903A4 and lib_m1_garand edge shading on stock in model.
 * Fixex Corrected typo in hiddenselections for m3 scout car.
 * Fixed errors in lib_k98 model.

Tanks_A3
========

* Added hiddenselections camo_1, camo_2, camo_3 (LIB_JS2_43.p3d, LIB_PzKpfwIV_H.p3d, LIB_PzKpfwV.p3d, LIB_SU85.p3d, LIB_StuG_III_G.p3d, LIB_T34_85.p3d).
 * Added hiddenselections camo_1 and camo_2 (LIB_T34_76.p3d).

Wheeled A3
==========

* Added hiddenselections camo_1, camo_2, camo_3, camo_4 where missing (lib_opel_ambulance.p3d, lib_opel_parm.p3d, lib_opel_tankwagen.p3d, lib_opelblitz_tent.p3d).
 * Added hiddenselections Camo_1 and camo_2 (lib_sdkfz251.p3d).
 * Added hiddenselections camo_1 and camo_2 (lib_kfz1.p3d).
 * Added hiddenselection Camo_1 (lib_willys.p3d).
 * Added hiddenselections camo_1 and camo_2 (lib_scout_m3.p3d).

Infantry
========

* Added hiddenselection Camo (LIB_ger_infantrysoldier2.p3d)
 * Added hiddenselection Camo (LIB_sov_characterssniper.p3d).
 * Added hiddenselection camo (LIB_ger_infantrya-frame.p3d)
 * Added hiddenselections camo and camoB (LIB_ger_infantryinf_sniper_belt.p3d, LIB_ger_infantryinf_vest_G43.p3d, LIB_ger_infantryinf_vest_kar98.p3d, LIB_ger_infantrysoldier.p3d).

Buildings
=========

* Added hiddenselection camo (Zeltbahn.p3d).

=============
Author shvetz
=============

* Added inertia for infantry weapons.
 * Added some backpacks.which
 * Added muzzle proxy for Mosin rifle, Mosin PU.
 * Added: FFV supported by sdkfz251 and scout m3

* Changed Fixed recoil and tweaked dispersion, damage, mass, typicalSpeed of infantry weapons.
 * Changed durabilityarmor of infantry units (class hitpoints).
 * Changed flares are now visible during the day.
 * Changed accuracy of the M1 Garand and M1 Carbine.
 * Changed reloadtime MP40 - 500 rounds per minute.
 * Changed modified class lib_w to class items for the correct operation mines.
 * Changed added sapper tools to ammo boxes.
 * Changed added tools to scout's equipment.
 * Changed added tools (lib_w) for sappers.
 * Changed changes in sound effects.
 * Changed correcting volume of vests.
 * Changed small changes to vests, backpacks, mines of US side.
 * Changed little changed quantity of ammunition in backpacks.
 * Changed most of the mass change for ammunition, IDSGER mines.
 * Changed small correction model to lib_tt33.
 * Changed: FIRE geometry, fixes some bugs, added a light for Hanomag (for the two cars)
 * Changed: disabled some logging with mines.

* Fixed simulation non IF grenades.
 * Fixed slowing the game in the explosion of grenade shells (FPS drop in MP).
 * Fixed vestsbackpacks for some WehrmachtSS and Red Army units.
 * Fixed precision of mortar.
 * Fixed a bug in the class M1 Garandsingle.
 * Fixed corrected script (grenades, mines).
 * Fixed minor changes in the script grenades, mines.
 * Fixed lib_m1895 reload animation.
 * Fixed lib_m1895 reloading animation.
 * Fixed: config error with cars.
 * Fixed: animation of dying gunner\driver (in open vehicles)
 * Fixed: script error with mines.
==================

if_logo_final_m1.png

• Like 2

I ask, then it is worse than the previous patch final vesion and also stop working on the project ??

It is not possible , do not understand , what a serious disappointment, my incognita that is a mistake and is not the final version , which will have been wrong .

Gunter got the wrong files and did not get the proper patch.

He does have it now and will test it further.

I have to say, it looks like BIS latest patch 1.54 fixes the tanks form auto repairing themselves when hit and not destroyed. I will do further tests to see, but it looks like we have a patch that can make IFA3 functional again!

Update

1st posted updated!

• added links for download
  • updated installation
  • added known bugs list
  • updated changelog

Notes:

After applying all the patches in order as seen listed in the installation, you should have the following versions

seen at the bottom right side of the main menu of the game:

• Iron Front A3 version: 1.11
  • Iron Front DLC version: 1.09
  • Iron Front version: 1.14
  • Like 1

Updated.

It just links to IF Fan forums release thread, its same as this thread for patch release.

Anyone have any issues they want to report?

Looks like my partner Scar will look to fix those after he fixes the bugs i listed on the 1st post.

I will compile the issues reported in a list here, here is what we have so far from your guys reports:

IFA3 patch 1.14 Bug list

• a lot of sounds are far too quiet, especially in first person (e.g. all aircraft cannons are barely audible)
  • muzzle flash on stuka guns still not fixed

• m3 halftruck the machinegunner do not eject when he dies, only in m3 halftruck , in m3 scout works fine.
  • tanks are to loud
  • Like 1

Should I be of the understanding that none of this applies to IFA3 Lite, or...?

No this is for the full version, if those that are running the lite version want to try to patch it on their end, then try it, but all patches and any fixes for the full IFA3 version should, I

would assume also work for the lite version as lite version from what I understand is low res textures and setup not to require IF in order to convert.

IFA3 Patch Update

Got word from Scar a few min ago, he is very busy with his studies and stuff with this time of year but he said he will get to the fixes, and should be a day or two before they are done,

thats specifically the sound issues, but at same time I sent him a link to my other post here with the list of issues you guys reported.

One thing I discovered through my testing and i been testing on and off today with my mods, and with IFA3 is that that satchels for IFA3 dont work, the mines,tripwires, and charges do,

also the sapper tools if in the binocular spot the mines,tripwires, and charges wont work as you cannot place them, however if you move the sapper tools to your inventory they will work,

also note the satchels dont work either way, so im adding that to the list.

updates list:

IFA3 patch 1.14 Bug list

• m3 halftruck the machinegunner do not eject when he dies, only in m3 halftruck , in m3 scout works fine.
  • tanks are to loud
  • satchels will not show on ground when trying to place, they will not leave your inventory, mines, tripwires, and charges (detonator and wire) work np
  • Like 1

So I was following the instructions on this page to the letter:

https://dev.withsix.com/projects/lib-issue-tracker/wiki/IFA3_manual_install

It all went smoothly until I got to the two DLC patches. I recieved several errors, mostly relating to LIB_something to do with US characters not having weapons.pbo or something to that effect. "addon LIB_US_characters requires LIB_US_weapons pops up during game launch. The launch itself is smooth and quick, and in the home screen it says:

• Iron Front A3 version: 1.10
  • Iron Front DLC version: 1.09
  • Iron Front version: 1.14

How can I get my A3 version to 1.11?

Bugs I've seen for this include on the Omaha map. There are Polish place-names in random places (like in the Channel) and no buildings. No towns, houses, or bunkers.

When I spawned a Red Army mechinized infantry group, it spawned with a German half-track/crew instead of Red Army's equivalents.

I was unable to spawn a Polish Home Army squad, but could spawn them individually.

And finally (But not lastly, I'm sure) I can't spawn any US units. I presume this is related to my errors during installation of the DLC patches. I apologize if I'm being a noob but I just got this semi-working after like two years of being to lazy to try. It looks fantastic right now and I want to play it (will play it, really). I just want to know what I did wrong here. Help!

MY GOOD SIRS

I see where I may have gone wrong. Installing the latest update fix.

So the update fix has solved the problems it was supposed to, but I'm still having DLC bugs with Omaha having no buildings and US units being absent from the game.

Update: I found individual US soldiers under INDEP, but weapon textures are buggy/white and they lack ammo.

On the first mission for the German Campaign the Russian plane crashes before it even gets to its way point so you cant move on. 

interectic, the campaign issue is not because of the 1.14 patch because as per the changelog, the patch does nothing to the missions or campaigns,

that issue your reporting has been in IFA3 for a while, only way to fix it is if someone edits the campaign and actually fixes it.

@Hate send me a pm I have a fix for you, as your issue with the dlc is because the conversion tool hasn't fully converted the dlc.

IFA3 patch 1.14 Bug list update

• tanks are to loud
  • satchels will not show on ground when trying to place them, they will not leave your inventory, mines, tripwires, and charges (detonator and wire) work np
  • Sherman and Tiger tanks possibly all the tanks when they explode their chassis disappears

I don't know if I'm supposed to ask that here or in the other thread (just tell me :3) 

I have not really a bug report, but something missing (no sound related things for once  ;) )
When inside the Sherman MG gunner (in 1st Person) you can't see where you are aiming. When going into 3rd Person you get a cross hair. So..a cross hair in the interior view of the Sherman would be nice (I know for the sake of immersion but if you'd use this thing in real life you would somehow know in which approximate direction you are aiming atm ^^)

Thats specific to IF feature, so heres a question overall, and tbh i forget myself but does the hull gunner for the Sherman have crosshair in vanilla IF itself?

if not then the feature/function was never created or added to the game for that tank position.

Is this available on PwS as Iron Front Standalone, or is this a separate setup?

Only way to fix them right now is to either use my IFA3WarMod---> https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/184291-ifa3warmod-release/

which adds and fixes alot of things, including those weapons, or just use Santa Six's sound mod--->  http://www.missionrepository.com/sound-mods-2-2(top mod) go to release thread for more info on it.

Other then that I have no one to fix anything in the list, no one has any time to do anything,