Sign in to follow this  
jcae2798

EDEN Camera

Anyone know why the camera is getting stuck in editor?  I know i'm not the only one either:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/107410/discussions/0/490121928350966529/

Problem is after placing unit and playing scenario, upon returning the editor the camera wont move.  WHat i notice is the axis icons are moving, and going into map mode it looks like the camera is stuck on a target.  For example, when you see the camera icon in map, it shows its perspective view (triangle).  But moving it around the perspective stays stuck on the one location.

Closing the editor and then reopening it resolve it.  Driving me freaking crazy....

**************************  EDIT *******************

Of course....searching and searching...nothing.  Create a post and search again:

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=25977

FML

jcae2798, i did what you said, and still have control over camera.

Can you please kindly re-check issue. Maybe disable mods to isolate problem.

ADDED:

As i see from bug trecker replies, problem might be in mods. (maybe ACE maybe CBA, i cant be sure).

This is due to the fact that, in 2D editor, there is no "initialization" process happening.

However 3D editor is basically "mission" with fancy dialog and additional functionality,

but "mission" (simulation if you like) and for "mission" to be loaded engine MUST go 

through  "initialization" process.

Mods like CBA doing their work by hooking to this "initialization" process (preinit), 

so it is not a surprise, that CBA is tring to load.

HOWEVER 3d editor is DEFERENT environment than in-game environment,

for example you cant access description.ext with missionConfigFile.

The whole system of description.ext is very old and finally getting replaced by BI.

CONCLUSION. If you have problems running SOMETHING with mods,

ask mod maker for assistance. There are ways to solve this with literally few

lines of code, BUT only mod maker can do that.

BI is not able and defenetly NOT willing to change their way of making ARMA,

so it will fit mods in all possible ways. Mods MUST adopt to new things.

Said above is my opinion, nothing else.

hey man, thanks for the comment.  See this post as i shared further details:

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/186164-load-eden-without-loading-mods/

You're right though, it is MOD related and i can understand BI's stance if they are not willing to change behavior in future release.  I hope they do however  :)

Well i doubt they change anything.

We are talking about fundamental mechanics. Imagine more than 15 years of continious development in C++,

and than, all of a sudden, BI decide to put it to trash and start all over again. 

I dont think so...

Not what i had in mind... But then again IDK what it would take to do what i asked...so to your point, that would be a no go..

I have the some problem. It started to crop up when they added the Navigation widget at the bottom of the screen. I think its likely a Mod. But not sure which one.

I just accidentally found a solution. Right click on a unit (or create one if you don't have one in front of you) then go to Arsenal, then once you're in the Arsenal just hit Cancel on the bottom right. now you should just load back in and move again. This should just take 2 seconds to do if you have the Arsenal loaded up. i have like 20 mods in total so it should work.

Not what i had in mind... But then again IDK what it would take to do what i asked...so to your point, that would be a no go..

I see a few people over on Workshop are reporting this as a CBA issue. I definitely urge you to follow suit with your findings and report the issue to the CBA devs so hopefully we can see a fix.