Sign in to follow this  
Terramesa

Grey wheel texture for AMV

I'm trying to retexture the AMV-7. The body and turret come out fine but the wheels, lights and propellers come out grey-blue. What's up with that?

CONFIG:

class odf_veh_amv_d: B_APC_Wheeled_01_cannon_F
    {
        side = 1;
        scope = 2;
        author = "Terramesa";
        vehicleClass = "Armored";
        crew = "odf_inf_soldier_A1";
        faction = "Faction_MEAU";
        displayName = "ODF Patria AMV (Desert)";
        hiddenSelections[] = {"Camo1","Camo2","Camo3"};
        hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = {"ODF_WT\car\Data\odf_amv_1_d.paa","ODF_WT\car\Data\odf_amv_wheel_d.paa","ODF_WT\car\Data\odf_amv_2_d.paa"};
    };

Texture out of game
MjUqUvj.png

Texture in-game
MCVdjiX.jpg

Diffuse/albedo texture names should all end with _co.tga (or _ca.tga if they contain an alpha channel).

The tools use that information to format the texture when it converts to .paa - if you don't name things properly it can cause rendering problems like this..

I've fixed the problem.

Found that Arma doesn't like cropping some textures. So what I did is I matched the wheels to the aspects to the other textures (2048x2048).

It looks stretched in GIMP, but in-game it works flawlessly. 

That would be the other important convention for formatting textures: Textures must have dimensions that are of the order 2n. So 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024, 2048 etc. etc.

Checking the dimensions of the pic you posted, your texture somehow ended up being 1026 pixels vertically instead of 1024, so has an invalid texture ratio. 2048*1024 (the original dimensions of the texture) should work fine.