Sign in to follow this  
sebbepwnyou

Replace skins with other skins?

So iv been working on an Arma 2 Life server with my friend and we are trying to get custom skins for example, Police, PMC, Swat etc... And we dont know how, so iv got this so far but i dont know where to continue to replace a skin with my skin.

Incase you are wondering whats happening on the photo is that im trying to replace the "Soldier_Crew_PMC" skin with "images\policeskin.paa"

ff75464a7c2b2f7c56b76de8d864862d.png

Thanks in advance for your help!

Unfortunately, Arma 2 doesn't allow you to setObjectTexture on units. That is only available in Arma 3.

Unfortunately, Arma 2 doesn't allow you to setObjectTexture on units. That is only available in Arma 3.

Incorrect.

I know for a fact that setObjectTexture works with BAF units.

setObjectTexture only works on units or vehicles that have hiddenSelections defined in their config file.

hiddenSelections for BAF units...

hiddenSelections[] =
		{
			"Camo","Camo2","Camo3"
		};

I used the following in my gear script to give my BAF units a Counter Terrorism look. 

BLACK.paa is just a 512x512 black image - Nothing fancy. I added in an ACE balaclava to complete the look.

_unit setObjectTexture [0,"client\loadouts\textures\BLACK.paa"]; //Camo		
	_unit setObjectTexture [1,"client\loadouts\textures\BLACK.paa"]; //Camo2
	//_unit setObjectTexture [2,"client\loadouts\textures\BLACK.paa"]; // Camo3 // Commented out as not needed.

PMC units have only 1 hiddenSelections and I'm guessing that sebbepwnyou has worked that out.

sebbepwnyou, Maybe it's because I'm tired but your script isn't making sense to me.

} forEach (vehicles);

// Ummm?

Are you looking to add policeskin.paa to the Soldier_Crew_PMC class at a specific point or on player join.

If you respond with more info I'll be happy to help you out.

I stand corrected. I was never aware that the BAF units had hiddenSelections, I haven't really used them before.