tazmania720

Destroy Trigger not working

Greetings,

Prior to an update, not sure which one as I have been busy and not able to work on my mission since June, I had a trigger activated power outage when a power sub-station (1603020) was destroyed.  It worked before so I know I had it all scripted and setup properly.  

Now it activates as soon as the game starts, verified by titletext script and all the lights in the area that I want disabled go out within half a second of the missing starting.  When I remove the grouping line the lights stay on and I don't get my test message.  I also deleted and redid the trigger resulting with the same problem.   I even tested on a different computer; I have been using the Beta version with Eden and tried on my other computer running the stable version and no addons.

Help with this issue would be much appreciated?  Thanks!!!

Are you sure the ID is still the same? The ID system is not supported anymore since they tended to change every now and then.

Adding to what Revo has mentioned...

It is best practice to NOT use id's. The reason is that whenever the map is updated the id's of the objects change due to the algorithm that is used to define object id's in terrain builder (or BI in-house equivalent). ID's are now a redundant for mission development.

You can still use them, but you'll have to readjust your mission after every update to ensure compatibility.

Bull

I have been trying to get an !alive check on nearobject of the class I want to trigger my lights out script. I have not yet gotten this to work yet. I also worry that this can not work until "nearterrainobject" get implemented from dev. Any ideas on using class names of map objects to add an eventhandeler or alive check.

Nearestterrainobject may only return object type or uses map type to find object. I havent found documentation

Thanks for the responses.  

I have the trigger and the object "grouped" [F2] together, not scripted, and had it that way before when it worked.  So I don't see the change in number affecting that.  

Thanks for input.  I had to go back to scripting the building number into the trigger and use a game logic.  I did it like this:

Still don't know why this,  

,  doesn't work.  Oh well.