BohemiaBeck

Arma 3 Units - Closed Beta Feedback

How about support for lower case letters in the squad's name? I don't want to look like we are the Central Intellegence Agency and the only way we can avoid that is by using a lowercase i on [CiA] :)

I suppose we are not the only group who faces such difficulty...

• Like 1

I think it would be beneficial to add a custom option to ages in unit characteristics, seeing as there are units that have their own set requirements outside of 16+, 18+, 21+ or Any. Also possibly adding a similar option to the size setting may prove useful to some groups.

Also, clicking on my unit on the My Units page doesn't work and just tells me something went wrong.

• Like 1

I think it would be beneficial to add a custom option to ages in unit characteristics, seeing as there are units that have their own set requirements outside of 16+, 18+, 21+ or Any. Also possibly adding a similar option to the size setting may prove useful to some groups.

Also, clicking on my unit on the My Units page doesn't work and just tells me something went wrong.

Unit size can also be automatically calculated once we implement the joining of units with Bohemia Accounts, but we'll see if it would still make sense to add a custom field. We'll think about the custom field for ages, but perhaps it could be resolved by changing the existing age categories? If you know of units with special age requirements, please let us know! We're currently looking into the My Units bug, this should have been resolved, but it seems like it doesn't work for everyone.

Well, a lot of groups have age restriction.

Korneel, what about lower case support in the unit header?

I tried to apply but it didn't send anything. I suppose it should use the contact email?

Edit: "Contact unit" works like a charm, though.

• Like 1

What is the purpose of the "mods" tab at the top? I noticed when I put no URL for the mods initially, it said "Steam Workshop". When I put a link to the unit's website in, it changed to "Any". 

Is it supposed to say where the mods are hosted, or if the unit makes use of mods?

Other than that I want to echo what others have said about displaying TS IP and having multiple admins for a page. Solid job so far, I'm really liking the layout and functionality.

• Like 1

Well, a lot of groups have age restriction.

Korneel, what about lower case support in the unit header?

I tried to apply but it didn't send anything. I suppose it should use the contact email?

Edit: "Contact unit" works like a charm, though.

We know units can have age restrictions, but we'd first like to determine if these are not properly covered in the current age restriction categories (before adding a custom field). As for the lower case support, we will discuss it in the team - but we can probably allow the Unit Clan Tag to display the lowercase characters (it's already supported, it's just not displayed that way on the Unit Profile). Applications are sent to the e-mail address associated with the Bohemia Account that registered the unit (so that does not necessarily have to be the provided contact e-mail address). Could this be the issue? Thanks for the feedback :-)

Applications are sent to the e-mail address associated with the Bohemia Account that registered the unit (so that does not necessarily have to be the provided contact e-mail address). Could this be the issue? Thanks for the feedback :-)

I'd check my email but clicking "my account" leads to a page timeout (chrome browser).

Also - "Read more" button doesn't change to "Read less" after clicking it.

• Like 1

Unit size can also be automatically calculated once we implement the joining of units with Bohemia Accounts, but we'll see if it would still make sense to add a custom field. We'll think about the custom field for ages, but perhaps it could be resolved by changing the existing age categories? If you know of units with special age requirements, please let us know! We're currently looking into the My Units bug, this should have been resolved, but it seems like it doesn't work for everyone.

r/ARMA's unit list has a number of groups with different age restrictions.

Link

And the My Units issue seems to have been fixed for me as of this post.

• Like 1

r/ARMA's unit list has a number of groups with different age restrictions.

Link

And the My Units issue seems to have been fixed for me as of this post.

Good to hear! It looks like we're covering most of these age categories. We might not want to go below 16+ because of ethical/age-rating reasons (e.g. give an option for 14+), but it will be considered.

I'd check my email but clicking "my account" leads to a page timeout (chrome browser).

This should now be fixed.

• Like 1

What is the purpose of the "mods" tab at the top? I noticed when I put no URL for the mods initially, it said "Steam Workshop". When I put a link to the unit's website in, it changed to "Any". 

Is it supposed to say where the mods are hosted, or if the unit makes use of mods?

Other than that I want to echo what others have said about displaying TS IP and having multiple admins for a page. Solid job so far, I'm really liking the layout and functionality.

There was a bug there, it's fixed now ;) The way it works now, if all of the mods you enter have a steam workshop url, the group info will say "Steam workshop".

Also - "Read more" button doesn't change to "Read less" after clicking it.

Fixed, thanks.

I have sent the email regarding the Closed Beta invitation, but it has been two days i haven't got any response yet. would appreciate if i get any response either here or through the email if our unit is in or not.

I have sent the email regarding the Closed Beta invitation, but it has been two days i haven't got any response yet. would appreciate if i get any response either here or through the email if our unit is in or not.

Please can you send a DM to BohemiaBeck? https://forums.bistudio.com/user/1092929-bohemiabeck/- We've been getting more requests than expected, sorry for the delay!

Hi,

Thank you for the feedback.

1. You should be able to enter the websites without http/s everywhere. Can you specify where was this not the case for you please?
  2. We'll look into it ;)
  3. There was a broken link on the edit page, it was fixed
  4. The top navigation shouldn't work, the rest of the website is inaccessible
  5. "REPORT FEEDBACK" now appears on the rest of the website 

1. Sorry, I wasn't specific enough. I meant when you create a Unit and you want to enter your units website. When I did it with just www.stafclan.com it showed a red border around the field. With http://www.stafclan.comit showed a green border. 

2. Nice

3. Works now

4. Ahh that would explain that. xD

5. Yes it does, great!

• Like 1

1. Sorry, I wasn't specific enough. I meant when you create a Unit and you want to enter your units website. When I did it with just www.stafclan.com it showed a red border around the field. With http://www.stafclan.comit showed a green border. 

2. Nice

3. Works now

4. Ahh that would explain that. xD

5. Yes it does, great!

1. Thanks, there was a bug there, it's allowed now ;)

You wrote about push notifications in the OPREP. I would love to see a smartphone app that shows notifications and status updates from units I'm in!

• Like 2

Good to hear! It looks like we're covering most of these age categories. We might not want to go below 16+ because of ethical/age-rating reasons (e.g. give an option for 14+), but it will be considered.

There's a glaring omission for the option of 17+. That age is pretty standard for most of the units I know, and without it we're forced to either select 16+ and tell 16 year old "Oh that was just because we can't click 17, you have to be 17, sorry" or select 18+ and cut out the 17 year olds. I know it seems probably trivial, but those of us who have to constantly look at our recruitment numbers think of that immediately.

I also wonder if you all would be interested in adding an option to input like a 'Unit Type'? Some people search for units based on what they're based off of such as:

US Military

British Military

Canadian Military

PMC

or 

US Army

US Marine Corps

US Navy

British Army

British Navy

Canadian Army

Canadian Navy

PMC

Other

etc.

That's not all the options possible, but it's an example. A focus for those trying to find specifically what they're looking for.

Another for gameplay style. There's some units that are Air Force only, for example. Some are infantry only. Some are only armored/mechanized. Some are reconnaissance. And some are combined arms. Just another way to describe your unit and help people narrow their searches.

• Like 1

There's a glaring omission for the option of 17+. That age is pretty standard for most of the units I know, and without it we're forced to either select 16+ and tell 16 year old "Oh that was just because we can't click 17, you have to be 17, sorry" or select 18+ and cut out the 17 year olds. I know it seems probably trivial, but those of us who have to constantly look at our recruitment numbers think of that immediately.

I also wonder if you all would be interested in adding an option to input like a 'Unit Type'? Some people search for units based on what they're based off of such as:

US Military

British Military

Canadian Military

PMC

or 

US Army

US Marine Corps

US Navy

British Army

British Navy

Canadian Army

Canadian Navy

PMC

Other

etc.

That's not all the options possible, but it's an example. A focus for those trying to find specifically what they're looking for.

Another for gameplay style. There's some units that are Air Force only, for example. Some are infantry only. Some are only armored/mechanized. Some are reconnaissance. And some are combined arms. Just another way to describe your unit and help people narrow their searches.

Liking these ideas! For now we want to keep it simple, but I could see how this might be of added value. We will add a 17+ option to the age requirement options. Thanks!

Right now, servers can be added by IP without issue. Because our server has a dynamic IP, we use a domain name (in our case arma.clearbackblast.com) to resolve to the proper IP for connecting to it such as through remote at the server browser.

Would support for something like that be possible?

Right now, servers can be added by IP without issue. Because our server has a dynamic IP, we use a domain name (in our case arma.clearbackblast.com) to resolve to the proper IP for connecting to it such as through remote at the server browser.

Would support for something like that be possible?

Thanks for the feedback. We will probably support this in the near future, but it might be 1-3 weeks from now before it's implemented (so perhaps consider temporarily adding this information to the Unit Biography).

• Like 1

You wrote about push notifications in the OPREP. I would love to see a smartphone app that shows notifications and status updates from units I'm in!

+1 on that, was discussing that Monday evening with PlayerUnkown, wenn we got notified about the "UNITS" page, it would be awesome as a future plan, first priorities are setting up the site and get it working, do the bug hunting and get enough clans signed up. Can't wait to see what the next update will bring :-)

Haven't really focused my attention on it yet due to some time limits, but it is a easy system to setup your unit, did it this morning for the A3 ambassadors.

Great stuff and can't wait for expansions of the bèta :-)

Send with mobile

• Like 1

Is the beta already online ? I am confused, because people are talking about registration and stuff.