BohemiaBeck

Arma 3 Units - Closed Beta Feedback

Hi,

you probably had the registration open while we were making some changes, please save your filled in data in a document somewhere, refresh the page and fill it in again, and it should work now. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Yup, i just refreshed and it worked, thank you 

EDIT:

Hello, 

When you add an Arma 3 server, it shows on the servers tab at the homepage, but when I join to that server its not refreshing the list, for example when i join it, it should say player 1/50 but it stays at 0/50.

Maybe its an connection issue between this beta and steam :D

Thank you  

A feature that would be nice is if we could get the option to upload a seperate file for our actual profile head banner on our unit page, and then another picture out on the front where you can see all other units aswell.

Hope this picture can help the understanding: imgur.com/a/uHIsw

We'll consider this for sure. We'll probably still want to overlay the unit emblem to enforce consistency as much as possible, but an optional additional 'background'  for the profile thumbnail could indeed be nice.

• Like 1

I got a question not relevated to any feedback, but one that have confused me a bit. 

Which "units" are allowed to sign up for Arma 3 units?

I've seen that Battle Royale is on there for "all players" of the battle royale mod.  

In my opinion i would not call that a unit, but rather a fan group or something? 

I might be completely wrong, but it was just a thought that strafed my mind. 

Yup, i just refreshed and it worked, thank you 

EDIT:

Hello, 

When you add an Arma 3 server, it shows on the servers tab at the homepage, but when I join to that server its not refreshing the list, for example when i join it, it should say player 1/50 but it stays at 0/50.

Maybe its an connection issue between this beta and steam :D

Thank you  

We cache the results of the server response for a while, so it might be a cached response, and we pull the data from steam, so there might be an issue with the data we receive from the steam API :)

• Like 1

I got a question not relevated to any feedback, but one that have confused me a bit. 

Which "units" are allowed to sign up for Arma 3 units?

I've seen that Battle Royale is on there for "all players" of the battle royale mod.  

In my opinion i would not call that a unit, but rather a fan group or something? 

I might be completely wrong, but it was just a thought that strafed my mind. 

It's definitely an interesting thought, and we'll have to monitor how this develops. Generally, whenever it could be considered an Arma 3 'community group' (for whatever purpose), it would probably be 'allowed'.

• Like 2

Will this site eventually allow us to have multiple admins for a unit page?  If so, will there be different levels of admins that restrict certain functionality?

• Like 1

Will this site eventually allow us to have multiple admins for a unit page?  If so, will there be different levels of admins that restrict certain functionality?

Yes this is planned - it will probably be available when we implement the joining of units with Bohemia Accounts. We're planning to have Unit Leaders (Admin), Operations Managers (able to post events/announcements), Recruitment Officers (able to review applications), and regular members (no special rights). There will probably also be some limit in how many people can have these special rights.

Unit Registration - Not submitted but going through the process of registration.

Stage: 4 Media

[Area of issue]

UNIT EMBLEM
IMAGE (MIN. 400X400, MAX. 200KB PNG)
TRANSPARENT BACKGROUND RECOMMENDED

I was able to upload (or seem to) more than 1 Unit Emblem - It showed the 2 I had (want to) uploaded (same image). There should be a check in place to see if an upload has already been requested. When it submitted only the 1 image showed.

---

UNIT PROFILE HEADER

IMAGE (EXACT 1920X400, MAX. 300KB JPG, JPEG)

The description states the max file size of 300KB. However when uploading you receive a message that it doesn't accept anything higher than 200KB
  • Like 1

Unit Registration - Not submitted but going through the process of registration.

[Area of issue]

UNIT EMBLEM

I was able to upload (or seem to) more than 1 Unit Emblem - It showed the 2 I had (want to) uploaded (same image). There should be a check in place to see if an upload has already been requested. When it submitted only the 1 image showed.

---

UNIT PROFILE HEADER

The description states the max file size of 300KB. However when uploading you receive a message that it doesn't accept anything higher than 200KB

Thanks! We're currently recharching the batteries of our webteam, but we'll look into this first thing tomorrow morning.

[Area of issue]

UNIT EMBLEM

---

UNIT PROFILE HEADER

Hi, it should be working now ;)

• Like 1

Hi, it should be working now ;)

I'm unable to test as I had already submitted and reduced the UNIT PROFILE HEADER image to less than 200KB.

Has the limit been raised or the description changed to reflect the upload should be up to 200KB?

Hello Webteam,

Another little detail that I have noticed is that when I bring my mouse cursor to the ''global earth icon'' where it should show the unit website, but the link is not centered. 

edit: I've tried different browsers 

edit2: removed picture for spoiler alert i hope you understand the issue :P

• Like 1

I'm unable to test as I had already submitted and reduced the UNIT PROFILE HEADER image to less than 200KB.

Has the limit been raised or the description changed to reflect the upload should be up to 200KB?

The limit has been raised ;)

• Like 1

Hello Webteam,

Another little detail that I have noticed is that when I bring my mouse cursor to the ''global earth icon'' where it should show the unit website, but the link is not centered. 

edit: I've tried different browsers 

edit2: removed picture for spoiler alert i hope you understand the issue :P

Thank you, it has been fixed ;)

• Like 2

It's definitely an interesting thought, and we'll have to monitor how this develops. Generally, whenever it could be considered an Arma 3 'community group' (for whatever purpose), it would probably be 'allowed'.

It would indeed be nice to have another profile field (dropdown) with something like "Type of Group" with entries like "Community", "Squad", "Event", "Clan", "Server". That will most likely cover most of the different grouptypes in ArmA and will really help people choosing the right groups for them.

• Like 2

How about adding teamspeak adress in the future like, how we add arma 3 server, that would be awesome! :D

• Like 2

How about adding teamspeak adress in the future like, how we add arma 3 server, that would be awesome! :D 

SOONTM ;)

• Like 4

Our (now empty) server with a 10 player mission is shown as 16 player mission in the server widget:

Escape Chernarus_Summer AT 1.7.4
Map: Chernarus_Summer
Players: 0/16
Version: 1.52.132676
Dedicated: yes
Password: yes
Address: 144.76.38.84:2302

When we get an API some day, it would be incredible cool to be able to use the API to access the server polling feature of A3 units!

Maybe a simple REST request like arma3.com/units/squadname/get/servers to get all the server info and status as JSON would be a great help for a lot of stuff.

Also thumbs up for using angularJS and bootstrap!

• Like 1

When I click on a unit, I get

Whoops, looks like something went wrong.

I'm still getting this on the My Units page when trying to open the unit I've created.

Here my experience after I created my Unit on the site:

1. It should be able to enter the website without "http://". Not that its hard or anything, its just out of convenience!

2. More than 30 Characters should be able for the Squad. (Mine for example has 35. I had to shorten it!)

3. When I click on My Unit and then on my created unit it says: "Whoops, looks like something went wrong." When I click on it on the "Browse Units" it works fine!

If anything I just said has been posted before, just ignore it in my post! ^^

Edit:
Also the "Game", "Media", "News", "DLC", "APEX" and "Buy" button at the top does not work!

Edit2: 

The "UNITS BETA - REPORT FEEDBACK" only appears on the "Browse Units" Page!

My photoshop is so old lol that I botched the first attempt a little but looks ok. 

Very nice job on the setup as it was very easy to go through and get a good looking result. I will be able to tweak the images in a couple days to really make better use of it. Now seeing it I'll tidy it up when able.

A few details showed up.

Our community is established in 1996 but of course we didn't start playing Armed Assault until that game was released. The earliest we can select for established is 2001.

We host several servers, some with mods some without and some of the fields seem to be geared for one specific server. Thinking "Gameplay Focus", "Mods list or No Mods". Perhaps the mods could be listed as sub-fields from the server list?

Another thing that showed up is the "Unit Recruitment Status". It will work well for clans but seems to set an exclusive tone for communities that don't have an application process. I'm still thinking of how that might tweaked, if possible, to work a little easier for a broader spectrum. Still great to have a communication tool even if I'm worried about an inbox getting stuffed full of spam.

edit: The whoops something went wrong went away when I used the "View Unit" from within the edit screens. Anyway I had it then after the first submission and a few attempts that error went away.

It would be lovely to have something like after mission statistics or even After Action Review.

For stats something like http://arma3.swec.se/server/list as basic functionality, and for AAR sort of .log file + map screenshot/.pbo extract to play the whole thing on, even as simple as http://replay.bystolen.ru/replay/?name=T4.2015-10-18-19-18-17.TSG@175_k_blackgold_v7.Takistan.pbo.7z&arma=3

or as advanced as http://gfycat.com/DimwittedSlimyAssassinbug

I know this would be huge and rather time consuming, but would be an awesome tool for all organised groups, so they can analyze their tactics, movements and performance.

Links provided are just an example, there is plethora of other services/communities that developed their homemade solution for this.

• Like 1

Here my experience after I created my Unit on the site:

1. It should be able to enter the website without "http://". Not that its hard or anything, its just out of convenience!

2. More than 30 Characters should be able for the Squad. (Mine for example has 35. I had to shorten it!)

3. When I click on My Unit and then on my created unit it says: "Whoops, looks like something went wrong." When I click on it on the "Browse Units" it works fine!

If anything I just said has been posted before, just ignore it in my post! ^^

Edit:

Also the "Game", "Media", "News", "DLC", "APEX" and "Buy" button at the top does not work!

Edit2: 

The "UNITS BETA - REPORT FEEDBACK" only appears on the "Browse Units" Page!

Hi,

Thank you for the feedback.

1. You should be able to enter the websites without http/s everywhere. Can you specify where was this not the case for you please?
  2. We'll look into it ;)
  3. There was a broken link on the edit page, it was fixed
  4. The top navigation shouldn't work, the rest of the website is inaccessible
  5. "REPORT FEEDBACK" now appears on the rest of the website 
  • Like 1

Our community is established in 1996 but of course we didn't start playing Armed Assault until that game was released. The earliest we can select for established is 2001.

We host several servers, some with mods some without and some of the fields seem to be geared for one specific server. Thinking "Gameplay Focus", "Mods list or No Mods". Perhaps the mods could be listed as sub-fields from the server list?

Another thing that showed up is the "Unit Recruitment Status". It will work well for clans but seems to set an exclusive tone for communities that don't have an application process. I'm still thinking of how that might tweaked, if possible, to work a little easier for a broader spectrum. Still great to have a communication tool even if I'm worried about an inbox getting stuffed full of spam.

We set the earliest establishment date to 2001 as a nod towards Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis' release date. As we are particularly geared towards the Arma series with this service, we might want to keep it - but it's something we'll discuss with the team.

I see what you mean, but on the other hand we also like the simplicity of the current presentation. It's something to consider. One note, when we implement the creation of events, we do intend to give units the option to communicate different mod sets per event. EDIT: discussed with our webteam, and it seems we might even be able to automatically pull a list of the mods from the server.

The recruitment process will be changed significantly when we enable the joining of units with a Bohemia Account. So I think we'll wait with implementing any changes there. Thanks for the feedback, sunkl!

Hi Moon_chilD, what is the name of your unit? We do want to enforce some limit to the unit name for reasons related to presentation/web layout.