Sign in to follow this  
Jimmyfingers2

Duel Install

Is there anyway of duel installing arma 3. as i want to play with the experimental branch and carry on with the campian without losing my saves all the time. Another reason i want to have duel installs is because i want to play arma 3 dayz too !.

Thanks for the reply.

The official method would be to download the Arma 3 Tools suite and then use the Game Updater utility, although I must warn you that you may lose your saves anyway if you don't clear the mission before the next stable branch update arrives. (There's no official DayZ for Arma 3, is there a mod that currently only works on experimental branch?)

What I did is copy my stable install folder to a new location on my C drive...then isn't all dev branch using steam. To play default arma you have to go to the copy you made and open the launcher.

Probably you mean dual.

If you mean duel here you have:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKfn5wAp_U4

If you mean dual then I dont see how is possible to have 2 separated installations with a unique game key and if you are running ARMA 3 through Steam i dont really see how this can be possible. If is possible than we have a major security breach and pirates will say thanks.

Anyway, what ARMA 3 has do to with DayZ?

Is there anyway of duel installing arma 3. as i want to play with the experimental branch and carry on with the campian without losing my saves all the time. Another reason i want to have duel installs is because i want to play arma 3 dayz too !.

Thanks for the reply.

This is the best thread to find the information you need: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/140620-how-to-change-arma-3-branches-between-stable-development-versions-steam-client/