raptoer

Pooter's enhanced ASR AI

So are AI meant to be popping smoke?Because mine never do.Except if I am attacking them from an aircraft-they will sometimes throw smoke if getting strafed in a littlebird...not much use against a rocket though :D

I don't modify any behavior related to smoke grenades.

Anyone else having problems with disabling the copy my stance feature?

asr_ai3_main_copymystance       = 0;    // When enabled AI will auto adjust to player stance changes (0 - disabled, 1 - enabled)

For me this doesn't work?

/KC

The basis for this mod, ASR AI, handles all that.

Not familiar with the basic ASR AI, what does that do with respect to enemy AI accuracy ?

Thx,

OP

Not familiar with the basic ASR AI, what does that do with respect to enemy AI accuracy ?

Thx,

OP

I think best way to answer that it is try it out in the editor before and after the mod is installed. :D

Just a bit of feedback after running this mod in our unit. If you run this with a group of 20 players or so, u may need to bump up the enemy skill compared to the original asr settings. We found that the AI were noticeably easier with this version of ASR running. Maybe they are too busy looking for places to hide that they forget to shoot. Anyway, it doesnt really suit our play style so we will be reverting back to the original ASR for now.

Just a bit of feedback after running this mod in our unit. If you run this with a group of 20 players or so, u may need to bump up the enemy skill compared to the original asr settings. We found that the AI were noticeably easier with this version of ASR running. Maybe they are too busy looking for places to hide that they forget to shoot. Anyway, it doesnt really suit our play style so we will be reverting back to the original ASR for now.

I'm not very surprised. I only have two options for telling the AI to move. Either I tell them to move using waypoints in which case they promptly ignore it because they are in combat, or I use the low level doMove command in which case moving there becomes the most important thing in their short short lives.

I'm not very surprised. I only have two options for telling the AI to move. Either I tell them to move using waypoints in which case they promptly ignore it because they are in combat, or I use the low level doMove command in which case moving there becomes the most important thing in their short short lives.

Really? I found ai teammates are great now-they get into cover,and if I want to fall back to retreat then I lay covering fire while telling them to hold fire and move,then i move,tell them to open fire again and repeat-I love this mod :DP.S I'm using this with ACE but with ACE AI pbo removed.

@Raptoer

I've been using this since release and love it until i started playing RAVAGE by Haleks. I thought the issue was related to RAVAGE until i tested it out today due to AI not engaging. At one point i walked right up to an AI face to face, a slight pause then he shot me. I then reloaded a demo in the editor using the same RAVAGE Demo i put together, ASR_AI by Robalo, dead straight away, Vanilla AI dead straight away. Your version of ASR_AI i was able to walk around for a while before one decided to finally shoot me. My son too playing with your ASR_AI had a similar problem where he was able to walk right up to a pickup with 2 guys on the back armed but would not engage. He was shot eventually but by another unit on foot.

The unit used was a survivor (b_survivor_F) if it's relevant! Couldn't test much more as have work in a bit. Hope you can find the issue because it's unusable for me and my son. ;)

I see wha

@Raptoer

I've been using this since release and love it until i started playing RAVAGE by Haleks. I thought the issue was related to RAVAGE until i tested it out today due to AI not engaging. At one point i walked right up to an AI face to face, a slight pause then he shot me. I then reloaded a demo in the editor using the same RAVAGE Demo i put together, ASR_AI by Robalo, dead straight away, Vanilla AI dead straight away. Your version of ASR_AI i was able to walk around for a while before one decided to finally shoot me. My son too playing with your ASR_AI had a similar problem where he was able to walk right up to a pickup with 2 guys on the back armed but would not engage. He was shot eventually but by another unit on foot.

The unit used was a survivor (b_survivor_F) if it's relevant! Couldn't test much more as have work in a bit. Hope you can find the issue because it's unusable for me and my son. ;)

I see what you mean, sometimes the AI just decides to not shoot you... hmm.. I'll take a look.

• Like 1

I see wha

I see what you mean, sometimes the AI just decides to not shoot you... hmm.. I'll take a look.

Something similar but not as severe-CAF Agressors sometimes run around and past friendly ai and neither shoot each other for a few seconds-but they move so fast they are hard to hit and they will turn and shoot you.So not too bad an issue.

@Raptoer

So I've only been able to replicate this by setting myself to be invincible then allowing the enemy to shoot at me until eventually they switch to their pistol and then they sometimes stop shooting.

It might be related to the RAVAGE mod though, they modify the CA MAN BASE that ASR_AI also modifies.

In regards to ACE AI, I've heard you can use it alongside other AI mods, specifically ASR, however I always see people saying they disable ACE's AI with ASR. For clarification, is it best to disable it? Or what are the ups/downs of keeping both, if any?

In regards to ACE AI, I've heard you can use it alongside other AI mods, specifically ASR, however I always see people saying they disable ACE's AI with ASR. For clarification, is it best to disable it? Or what are the ups/downs of keeping both, if any?

there is no reason to remove it unless you dont like the features that it provides. this is what it changes http://ace3mod.com/wiki/feature/ai.html

all of which would be better to run than not run imo

I found there is not much difference,but friendly ai seem a bit more responsive without ace_ai.I could be imagining it..

So only me having problems disabling the "copy my stance" feature?

/KC

/KC

i did last night .. however not the same as you described. I was just noticing that my ai were not copying my stance. I have it enabled. 

So I've only been able to replicate this by setting myself to be invincible then allowing the enemy to shoot at me until eventually they switch to their pistol and then they sometimes stop shooting.

It might be related to the RAVAGE mod though, they modify the CA MAN BASE that ASR_AI also modifies.

Hi mate, thanks for your response, the thing is they never switched to handgun for me. I play tested this morning and walked up to an enemy, he responded "target spotted" or something to that effect, and it was a good 10 seconds give or take a few before he raised his rifle and shot me.

I restarted the mission several times and found Vanilla AI was the only one i had no problem with AI shooting me, in fact they were very responsive. I was pretty impressed as i hadn't played Vanilla AI in a long time. ;)

I think you're probably right though it's probably just RAVAGE because i play PILGRIMAGE alot also and never noticed the same issue. Thanks to both yourself and Robalo for creating and keeping this one going. Still love it. ;)

/KC

No you're not. I'm having exactly the same problem with normal ASR AI and with Pooter's enhanced version. No other mods running except CBA.

This question went already to the original ASR_AI 3 discussion started by Robalo. I'll be keeping eyes on both discussions.

A quickie question since quickly glancing through the discussion with search function didn't bring up any satisfactory answers.

Is ASR_AI 3 explicitly needed to be installed for the clients that are connecting to a dedicated server already with ASR_AI 3 installed?

Isn't the server supposed to handle the ASR dictated AI behavior, is there some particular reason why the clients would need ASR_AI also?

Anyone done any tests perhaps to prove otherwise?

Greetings:

Amon

This question went already to the original ASR_AI 3 discussion started by Robalo. I'll be keeping eyes on both discussions.

A quickie question since quickly glancing through the discussion with search function didn't bring up any satisfactory answers.

Is ASR_AI 3 explicitly needed to be installed for the clients that are connecting to a dedicated server already with ASR_AI 3 installed?

Isn't the server supposed to handle the ASR dictated AI behavior, is there some particular reason why the clients would need ASR_AI also?

Anyone done any tests perhaps to prove otherwise?

Greetings:

Amon

AI behavior is run by their group leader. If the leader is also an AI then the server runs it.

Thus if you're only doing players VS AI then only the server needs it.

AI behavior is run by their group leader. If the leader is also an AI then the server runs it.

Thus if you're only doing players VS AI then only the server needs it.

Nice, thank you for the explanation raptoer!

I'd might as well give some feedback while I'm here. Mostly about using this enhanced ASR_AI with ArmA 3's campaign.

It works, but it has some rather unpleasant side-effects mostly in the form of the AI taking too long in some backwoods after coming into contact with the enemy.

This behavior tends to break mission triggers etc. and most annoyingly make the player advance on their own when one gets frustrated to wait the AI that is "staying behind".

This is now my second time playing the campaign with some "enhancements" on the side and the first time I was using Robalo's ASR_AI.

I don't recall I had such trouble with that back then but it still might boil down to that I took it to use when I already had made to the part where the player starts to be the squad leader instead of the AI (which is basically for the whole Episode 1).

IF there is a handle in the ASR_AI userconfig for the AI to change its state a bit quicker than what it is set as default, I'd think it would help the playabality with the ArmA3 campaign.

Like maybe(?):

//time in seconds after danger passes until AI will counter-attack
asr_ai3_main_AT_OUTSIDE = 90;

No you're not. I'm having exactly the same problem with normal ASR AI and with Pooter's enhanced version. No other mods running except CBA.

Yup, same here. Seems the userconfig isn't being read. 

Although, the copy stance seems to only really work in combat or stealth mod and not when you are standing. To recreate, crouch in stealth and combat and the rest of your guys will do the same regardless of settings. 

Great mod other than this. Really frustrating but almost a game breaker for me as it means I can't rely on my team to choose the appropriate stance for the context. 

/KC

You could try running this mod with ASR_AI http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=22627

it is a copy my stance mod-I know you dont want that feature,but this also allows you to set them back to "auto" stances.It MAY override ASR although I am not sure.

Problem with the AT soldiers here, they think they are low in ammo because of there rockets number, they then switch to handgun all the time.

You could try running this mod with ASR_AI http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=22627

it is a copy my stance mod-I know you dont want that feature,but this also allows you to set them back to "auto" stances.It MAY override ASR although I am not sure.

This mod is an extension to ASR_AI, hence the funny version number.

Problem with the AT soldiers here, they think they are low in ammo because of there rockets number, they then switch to handgun all the time.

I do nothing related to that. Ask in the original ASR_AI thread.

Yup, same here. Seems the userconfig isn't being read. 

Although, the copy stance seems to only really work in combat or stealth mod and not when you are standing. To recreate, crouch in stealth and combat and the rest of your guys will do the same regardless of settings. 

Great mod other than this. Really frustrating but almost a game breaker for me as it means I can't rely on my team to choose the appropriate stance for the context. 

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/163742-asr-ai-3/?p=2927212