2109 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, road runner said:

I doubt it, they don't tend to break the surface the same as you do.

On a quick sample mission, I was able to swim around the docks taking out the sentries, the AI stayed sub surface, I also cannot get them to climb out via ladders, I have to give them waypoints that use shallow waters to link up with me, or else sue the switch player mode, and climb out each individual in the team. 

....I've also been able to figure out switching from the scuba gear, to assault gear using one of the load out editors... 

Yap..the climbing ladders issue is a PITA!! I was planning a mission on a oilrig, but get the AI to climb out of the water is next to impossible. I do too use the "switch gear" thing, although I don't know how realistic it is.But surely looks cool:supercool:

20 minutes ago, zagor64bz said:

Yap..the climbing ladders issue is a PITA!! I was planning a mission on a oilrig, but get the AI to climb out of the water is next to impossible. I do too use the "switch gear" thing, although I don't know how realistic it is.But surely looks cool:supercool:

If they're changing out of a wet/drysuit, into BDU's/Crye's ditching their LARV's for Assault Vests, I'd say it's reasonably realistic, if the mission had a fair old "tab" to the target area, doing it in a dry suit, they'd go down with heat exhaustion quickly, again it all depends on the thickness of the neoprene etc.

I'd haphazard and say they're more likely to store their scuba gear close to their infil/exfil, in dive bags.

2 people like this

1 hour ago, road runner said:

If they're changing out of a wet/drysuit, into BDU's/Crye's ditching their LARV's for Assault Vests, I'd say it's reasonably realistic, if the mission had a fair old "tab" to the target area, doing it in a dry suit, they'd go down with heat exhaustion quickly, again it all depends on the thickness of the neoprene etc.

I'd haphazard and say they're more likely to store their scuba gear close to their infil/exfil, in dive bags.

Like I sad before, although I did served in the Paratroopers in my youth, I'm not SF. What you say sound reasonable, and also I guess all depend on the mission. I suppose that if it is a quick "board the ship/storm the oilrig/harbor" they will not loose time to change outfits.If it is a long mission with scuba infil and long march to target AO, it make sense that they get more comfortable.Plus, it would look pretty silly an definitely not tacti-cool seeing 5 or 6 dudes moving around a jungle in squeaky black scuba gear! :rofl:

2 people like this

On 1/11/2017 at 9:51 PM, vagrantauthor said:

So I just tested this again by jumping into the editor, applying my Diver kit, and dropping myself into the water. For the first time ever, I actually was able to fire an SMA MK18 with my upper body above the water. I guess it just took @C4BooS3 to say so for it to suddenly start working. Good job. I'll be getting in touch with you at some point in the future so you can write a few words and make a few other minor issues I have disappear.

woop woop nearly 5k hours of Arma, mostly in SWAT Units and alot of testing to get better at it finally paid of! The game is so afraid now that it what I say and not the other way around xD

The problem I see with the ability to shoot under water is that it may not work as you guys intent to. If you "just" give the weapon to shoot under water, it may consider the "magazin still in the water" as "completly in the Water" and therefore wont fire accurately while sticking out with the important parts like barrel, chamber, etc.. But i am still looking forward to test it :D

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, Capt Harris said:

Is there a estimate on the release date of the next update?

Really?.....Read the rules mate.

2 people like this

On 12/01/2017 at 4:50 PM, zagor64bz said:

Plus, it would look pretty silly an definitely not tacti-cool seeing 5 or 6 dudes moving around a jungle in squeaky black scuba gear! :rofl:

Oh no! The gimp army is coming to get us!

4 people like this

I thought so whole heartedly that i would be satisfied by the RHS release but yet here i am still hovering over the ever tantalizing VSM thread. Can't wait. The screen shots have me wiping drool from my beard and this thread at the top of my most visited sites.. 

5 people like this

17 minutes ago, Odin6554 said:

I thought so whole heartedly that i would be satisfied by the RHS release but yet here i am still hovering over the ever tantalizing VSM thread. Can't wait. The screen shots have me wiping drool from my beard and this thread at the top of my most visited sites.. 

Indeed, it's like being a fat kid locked outside the cake shop, and no money to buy anything!!

4 people like this