firewill

F-14 Tomcat Series Standalone

Just modified the TOPGUN Nimitz mission (search on steamworkshop and thee shall find many) and the catapult and arrest hook (as well as IFLOS) system worked alright... but good to know you´re working on having those features standlone just like J&S F/A-18E/F/X =)

BTW, the Phoenix is overkill as it should be, so awesome to fire them, while yelling FOX 3, and see those pesky OPFOR jets go down nonetheless, after some seconds lol

Keep up the great work, Firewill!

Cheers!

Just modified the TOPGUN Nimitz mission (search on steamworkshop and thee shall find many) and the catapult and arrest hook (as well as IFLOS) system worked alright... but good to know you´re working on having those features standlone just like J&S F/A-18E/F/X =)

BTW, the Phoenix is overkill as it should be, so awesome to fire them, while yelling FOX 3, and see those pesky OPFOR jets go down nonetheless, after some seconds lol

Keep up the great work, Firewill!

Cheers!

catapult&hook system without module is done. now remain MP TEST and Test with the specific situation like Aircraft Respawn, Spawn with Zeus.

catapult&hook system without module is done. now remain MP TEST and Test with the specific situation like Aircraft Respawn, Spawn with Zeus.

Awesome!... and yeah, aircraft respawn and Zeus can usually break some scripts, so a stress-testing is advised =)

cheers!

Hi,

good work with the Tomcat............

Just few words. I'm still working hard on my project, the A7E corsair and the aerial  tanker version.

A7 Corsair II in real world has a fuel probe to proceede with aerial refuel. In my model, p3d and config, I use "fuel_probe" to simulate the use of this probe for refuelling.

In game testing revealing that the f-18 from Spartan & John and mine aircraft, are able to refuel correctly from the drogue (tested with the A7 tanker version and the SAB_C130) , but the Tomcat has a problem because of it has "fuel_hose" instead (for me) of "fuel_probe". I noticed also that Tomcat cannot refuel from the Kc135 tanker of the Usaf Mod. I used the tanker script (tanker.sqf) from the above mentioned sab_c130 mod and works perfectly.

My question is that someone has a powerfull script that works fine for all of the drogue point/boom or there is the possible to convert the fuel_hose into fuel_probe.

In my config I also added the Usaf exception for the refuelling ( there are hose and probe possibility), and the A7 can refuel, but I see just the classic central boom.

Best regards and respect.

Teshub - USNAVY mod in development............................................

Hi,

good work with the Tomcat............

Just few words. I'm still working hard on my project, the A7E corsair and the aerial  tanker version.

A7 Corsair II in real world has a fuel probe to proceede with aerial refuel. In my model, p3d and config, I use "fuel_probe" to simulate the use of this probe for refuelling.

In game testing revealing that the f-18 from Spartan & John and mine aircraft, are able to refuel correctly from the drogue (tested with the A7 tanker version and the SAB_C130) , but the Tomcat has a problem because of it has "fuel_hose" instead (for me) of "fuel_probe". I noticed also that Tomcat cannot refuel from the Kc135 tanker of the Usaf Mod. I used the tanker script (tanker.sqf) from the above mentioned sab_c130 mod and works perfectly.

My question is that someone has a powerfull script that works fine for all of the drogue point/boom or there is the possible to convert the fuel_hose into fuel_probe.

In my config I also added the Usaf exception for the refuelling ( there are hose and probe possibility), and the A7 can refuel, but I see just the classic central boom.

Best regards and respect.

Teshub - USNAVY mod in development............................................

Yeah, i forgot the Change hose->probe because just copy&paste from my F-16.

Thanks the Feedback, i will change it

idk why the aircraft likes to drop down when banking 90 degree left or right, just like stalling even I am at 400kmh, even I input max rudder to compensate the "stall", it still drop right into the ground.

I do fly by near CV for over 10 times just to take that legendary fly by with the F14 and keep crashing with that weird flight model (I can do it with F-18 but not F15) 

idk why the aircraft likes to drop down when banking 90 degree left or right, just like stalling even I am at 400kmh, even I input max rudder to compensate the "stall", it still drop right into the ground.

I do fly by near CV for over 10 times just to take that legendary fly by with the F14 and keep crashing with that weird flight model (I can do it with F-18 but not F15) 

all aircraft is lose the speed and altitude during maneuvering(just without micro control, just banking and without AB) even F/A-18E and Wipeout too.

i almost try the hudread times fly by and never happen the crash, am i wrong?

46927FE4184E809676F88BED4D7F4C38EC991A84

D65CCF814C59CAD4686300496D55F7439FE454F0

Refueling its working.

currently test and confirm with KC-130 by sabre_dust, maybe working with KC-135 too.

• Like 3

I'm working on it as we speak, gathering reference photos, making emblems, etcetera.

Also doing some other squadrons with it:

VF-143

VF-142

VF-213

Also, VF-2 has just been added into the works. Expect WIP screenshots soon!

In the mean time, enjoy my personal records

Absolute height: 20766m (68129ft)

1y9VveF.jpg

Absolute Speed: 1740kph (939kt or 1081mph)

ciiekEw.jpg

v0.12 test video

this video is include how to use Catapult&Hook "Without the Modules" and show the Weapon Display Panel System

0FEBD27FEC008FD271B2292B180A3BDBF4F037B6

F9ED26BA7D5CCF26D614F884481918518896B0AC

7A9BD37B3E2EBFDE58AB17F41B2F2F59FBE50FCE

E3FE6E816419005F5983F84F1847B254BDD856AF

003D8BD9BB202F8107B95B1AEA377DBB7888DA08

75A9B5BD7221DAAF1F9AF492F4AA44106E9120F7

• Like 4

all aircraft is lose the speed and altitude during maneuvering(just without micro control, just banking and without AB) even F/A-18E and Wipeout too.

i almost try the hudread times fly by and never happen the crash, am i wrong?

wrong word, I mean roll to 90 degree, and can't keep a straight line 

wrong word, I mean roll to 90 degree, and can't keep a straight line 

other aircraft(F/A-18E/F and Wipeout, to-199 etc) is same.

tomcat 0.12 is now updated.

Alpha 0.12
- Fixed minor UV Maps
- Weapon Station Display is working (below the Center MFD)
- Sync the Module without Nimitz modules. its Manual Override for Unexpected Situation.
- change the refuel_hose -> refuel_probe for refueling function
  • Like 2

0.12a hotfix is available,check the first page

Alpha 0.12a hotfix
- fix the sync with nimitz module action code
- add shortcut key for fold/unfold wing and lower/raise launch bar(see the shortcut list)

Thanks but I think it's an error with the dropbox link!

yeah, it was fixed.

i think URL link is always trouble with me :D

Love this aircraft Firewill! In my opinion the best aircrafts (F-14/F-16) for Arma! A couple of things I've noticed while playing around with this one. This is when using the first version of the mod:

1. RIO gets the action to turn on/off the afterburner while in flight. Should only be an option for the pilot. 
2. RIO is not able to use the "Open Dialog" when there's a pilot in the front seat. 

3. Unable to "Fold wings" while taxing in slow speed on the ground after landing. 

4. Is it possible to increase the voice volume inside the F-14 so that the pilot and RIO can talk to each other? I'm using TFAR and right now we have to use the shortwave radio to communicate inside the airplane because you can't hear the other guy, even when on "yelling".  

(5.) Don't know if this is an Arma3 bug but the FLIR camera when playing as RIO is always locking on a point on the ground, thus making the RIO snap his neck all the time haha. Is it possible to "turn on/off" the locking mechanism of the FLIR camera? I might be wrong but I think the MELB mod did a very good job with its FLIR camera, so when it's in default mode it's zoomed out and it doesn't lock on to anything. But when zoomed in one step and futher it locks on to that point where you aim and stays locked till you zoom out to default mode again. 

Thanks a lot Firewill. Keep up the excellent work you do. 

Love this aircraft Firewill! In my opinion the best aircrafts (F-14/F-16) for Arma! A couple of things I've noticed while playing around with this one. This is when using the first version of the mod:

1. RIO gets the action to turn on/off the afterburner while in flight. Should only be an option for the pilot. 

2. RIO is not able to use the "Open Dialog" when there's a pilot in the front seat. 

3. Unable to "Fold wings" while taxing in slow speed on the ground after landing. 

4. Is it possible to increase the voice volume inside the F-14 so that the pilot and RIO can talk to each other? I'm using TFAR and right now we have to use the shortwave radio to communicate inside the airplane because you can't hear the other guy, even when on "yelling".  

(5.) Don't know if this is an Arma3 bug but the FLIR camera when playing as RIO is always locking on a point on the ground, thus making the RIO snap his neck all the time haha. Is it possible to "turn on/off" the locking mechanism of the FLIR camera? I might be wrong but I think the MELB mod did a very good job with its FLIR camera, so when it's in default mode it's zoomed out and it doesn't lock on to anything. But when zoomed in one step and futher it locks on to that point where you aim and stays locked till you zoom out to default mode again. 

Thanks a lot Firewill. Keep up the excellent work you do. 

1. i knew about that recently, will be fixed

2. open dialog is only can use pilot i designed.

3. parking option is will be appear on lower than 10km/h and must flap is fully up

4. in config, didn't have about "voice Volume". and i'm not use TFAR..maybe take the this problem later.

5. its not a Bug. just dilemma with "Stabilize the axis" in turret config, maybe super hornet addon have same dilemma.

its mean if didn't input the Stabilize the Axis code, FLIR camera is cannot lock the axis on the ground like my F-16 Pilotcam. its maybe fix the head problem, however designate the Target is will be more difficulty.

if have, just spin the RIO Head, but more easier designate the target because Axis is Stabilized and Locked the Axis.

1. i knew about that recently, will be fixed

2. open dialog is only can use pilot i designed.

3. parking option is will be appear on lower than 10km/h and must flap is fully up

4. in config, didn't have about "voice Volume". and i'm not use TFAR..maybe take the this problem later.

5. its not a Bug. just dilemma with "Stabilize the axis" in turret config, maybe super hornet addon have same dilemma.

its mean if didn't input the Stabilize the Axis code, FLIR camera is cannot lock the axis on the ground like my F-16 Pilotcam. its maybe fix the head problem, however designate the Target is will be more difficulty.

if have, just spin the RIO Head, but more easier designate the target because Axis is Stabilized and Locked the Axis.

Thanks Firewill for the quick reply.

1. Perfect! 

2. Alright, good to know. 

3. Okay, didn't know about the flaps. Is it possible to increase the speed to ~30km/h? That's more like the speed when taxing off the runway and not hitting other planes with the wings. Might be same as number 1 for this one as well. I think the RIO gets an option to "Fold wings" too. Should only be a pilot option.

4. I don't know if it's the same for ACRE users but it would be nice not to use the radio to talk to the RIO/Pilot. :) There is a lot of conversation with the other guy in the cockpit when flying more seriously focused. 

5. Yes when you mention it, I remember the F/A-18F had similar problems. I tried to double press ALT key to use free look in RIO position but it didn't help very much. Very hard in dog-fighting situation to help the pilot spot the enemy in 1st person right now. I don't know if it's the same type of FLIR system but I would recommend you to check out the FLIR System of the MELB mod helicopter which I think is outstanding. 

// Rustydusty

Thanks Firewill for the quick reply.

1. Perfect! 

2. Alright, good to know. 

3. Okay, didn't know about the flaps. Is it possible to increase the speed to ~30km/h? That's more like the speed when taxing off the runway and not hitting other planes with the wings. Might be same as number 1 for this one as well. I think the RIO gets an option to "Fold wings" too. Should only be a pilot option.

4. I don't know if it's the same for ACRE users but it would be nice not to use the radio to talk to the RIO/Pilot. :) There is a lot of conversation with the other guy in the cockpit when flying more seriously focused. 

5. Yes when you mention it, I remember the F/A-18F had similar problems. I tried to double press ALT key to use free look in RIO position but it didn't help very much. Very hard in dog-fighting situation to help the pilot spot the enemy in 1st person right now. I don't know if it's the same type of FLIR system but I would recommend you to check out the FLIR System of the MELB mod helicopter which I think is outstanding. 

// Rustydusty

- good suggestion. maybe increase the speed limit to the next time.

- thankfully, tomcat RIO is not use the AA Missile and cannon during dogfight. MELB is will be check it out.

Thanks the Suggestion.