daoarge

Hell in the Pacific - a full conversion WW2 mod [Reboot]

tarawa_small.jpg

Casualties many; Percentage of dead unknown;

Combat efficiency; we are winning.

Col. David M. Shoup (Tarawa,11/21/43)

Yes, we are back!

It has been quite silent around this mod since it's release for Arma2, but we are about to change that.

A lot of new stuff has been created for Arma3 and looking towards the upcoming expansion, we are planning a public release containing the new Arma3 stuff along with some 1:1 ports from Arma2.

(Wouldn't it be awesome to fight the Imperial Japanese Army on Tanoa? ;) )

What can you expect:

.) Betio Island (Tarawa), completely remade for Arma3 by Pedersen

.) remade USMC units (soldiers)

.) remade IJA units (soldiers)

.) new objects and weapons

.) along with some selected stuff ported over from the Arma2 version of HiP

That sounds good, but unfortunately we are far from being where we want to be in terms of the development stage of Hell in the Pacific for Arma3.

Therefore we are looking for experienced modders to help us getting things done, especially in these fields:

1. Getting stuff into the game

We have a lot of objects ready to be put into the game, due to the time intensive work this process takes- it's our main bottleneck at the moment.

2. write configs or polish up existing configs

For example, adding recoil to rifles, adapt reload timing, adding PhysX and FFV and so on.

Please let us know, if you want to help us out.

Follow this thread for screenshots, updates and probably a release date some day!

Updates coming soon :)

DO on behalf of the HiP team

PS: Click the pic for a larger version.

• Like 22

I can't wait! I've seen some models on deviantart and you guys have some great quality weapons! Is there an expected date of release yet?

EDIT: I have a small collection of WWII memorabilia and rifles, such as M1903A3, USMC Pith Helmet, some US web gear, and Type 99 Arisaka. I could take some references pictures if needed!

I can't wait! I've seen some models on deviantart and you guys have some great quality weapons! Is there an expected date of release yet?

EDIT: I have a small collection of WWII memorabilia and rifles, such as M1903A3, USMC Pith Helmet, some US web gear, and Type 99 Arisaka. I could take some references pictures if needed!

Thank you very much.

The M1903A3, US web gear, Type 99 Arisaka we already got in game except the USMC Pith Helmet but we have and use the British version of pith helmet.

The mod is done when it is done, we have not set any release date yet.

But we will keep you all posted with news and media this month/weeks and upcoming months/weeks.

• Like 4

Thank you very much.

The M1903A3, US web gear, Type 99 Arisaka we already got in game except the USMC Pith Helmet but we have and use the British version of pith helmet.

The mod is done when it is done, we have not set any release date yet.

But we will keep you all posted with news and media this month/weeks and upcoming months/weeks.

Great! If you're adding the british i offer my Lee Enfield No.4 Mk1*. I bet ya'll already have it but I just offering whatever assistance I can.

• Like 1

just offering whatever assistance I can.

Thanks a lot - we really appreciate it!

As mentioned in the first post, Betio island is already RC and here are the first screenshots of it (a lot more will be posted in the coming days!):

tarawa1.jpg

tarawa2.jpg

tarawa3.jpg

This island will be included in the first release and Pedersen is already working on a few more islands, namely:

• Guadalcanal
  • Iwo Jima
  • Wake Island

In order to speed up the development process of these islands, we are also looking for 3D modellers who want to help us create bunkers and huts needed by Pedersen.

Keep an eye on this thread, there will be more screenshots and infos posted the coming days!

• Like 7

Looking forward to it.

Hopefully the terain from tanoa will help

Since developments are done on the stable branch and the first release is aimed to happen before the release of the A3 expansion, the assets coming with Tanoa will have no impact (yet) :)

Very glad to hear you are coming to ArmA 3 - it is a shame how little reception the mod got for ArmA 2 as it was released near the end of the games lifespan

Very glad to hear you are coming to ArmA 3 - it is a shame how little reception the mod got for ArmA 2 as it was released near the end of the games lifespan

Thanks! And yes, that was probably one of the points that led to exhaustion of the mod team.

But anyway, we're back pedal to the metal ;)

Talking about eye-candy, this is how good night combat looks on Tarawa:

B01.jpg

B02.jpg

B03.jpg

• Like 3

For me to to complete Iwo Jima island we need a 3D-artist to make us some concrete bunkers for Japanese defense positions.
Any skilled 3D-artist out there that want to help us out?

Our Mod really need a 3D-artist!
We dont have any 3D-artist in the mod team at the moment.

• Like 1

Here are some more screenshots of Betio island:

D01.jpg

D02.jpg

D03.jpg

D04.jpg

As always, more screenies to come!

• Like 4

I saw some 3-D Modelers on DeviantArt that have made some AMAZING weapons and one said he was working with this mod. If so, would we expect to see these in the initial release?

Hi,

I often ask myself, which mod will be the next and will surprise us!?
Now, the question is clarified and I am very pleased.  :)

Great news and I wish you much success.

Greetings

McLupo

Hello,

I do config work for some units that I am in and I would be more than willing to help with getting a high quality WW2 mod into A3. Been waiting for a while for a promising one to pop up, so here goes.

I'd like some more info on specifics, but let me know what you need.

Regards.

Very happy this mod coming to Arma 3. Really high quality map and content with this one!

Thank you guys for your hard work!

I saw some 3-D Modelers on DeviantArt that have made some AMAZING weapons and one said he was working with this mod. If so, would we expect to see these in the initial release?

Probably, but as I have no clue which weapons you mean exactly - we either can't deny or acknowledge :)

Hello,

I do config work for some units that I am in and I would be more than willing to help with getting a high quality WW2 mod into A3. Been waiting for a while for a promising one to pop up, so here goes.

I'd like some more info on specifics, but let me know what you need.

Regards.

Cool, thnx!

Besides getting things into the game, we would need help on splitting up helmets, vests and backpacks.

Also in "polishing up" weapon and vehicle configs, in tems of getting them on Arma3 levels.

If you're still interested, we should have a chat on TS!

This is the best news I've heard this year!  I look forward to the release of this mod as I have some campaigns in mind for it :D

Sounds good, send me a PM with that info.

Thnx for offering your help and the chat on TS!

Yes, if we find someone who is able to put them into game. Sorry, I'm not having better news.

• Like 1