Sign in to follow this  
disco.modder

Q: porting USS Ashland 48 from OFP

some may remember the classic LSD made back for OFP in its days.. Ive always wanted to use it amongst the other available amphibious ships in arma (LHD and LPD) to create the full complement of a marine expeditionary task force but being a really old addon the ship has issues, mainly:

1. its out of proper size

2. textures all weird and in different places

3. fall through the ship in a lot of places

I was very proud today to have done SOMETHING in regards to modding arma.. I put the .p3d into object builder, twice the scale of the model, packed model into a pbo and voila! the ship was twice as big (although still doesnt look proportional as to how it should look irl)

now the concern is, Id really like to take on this ship as my first project and an entrance into the modding scene however 1. Ive contacted the author and the email is no longer valid 2. I dont have any experience whatsoever.

question is, can I continue working on this very old model without having gained express permission from original author with his contact details now expired?

if so, Id very much appreciate it if I could be pointed into the right direction as to how I could start fixing up the scale and textures.

Cheers!

I think you'll be just fine. Sounds like the original author is long gone. Just be sure to credit him for his original work.

It doenst work like that. If you cant contact the author. And no license exists the law says you cannot edit or republish it.

For you to do ANYTHING with a released addon you HAVE TO HAVE A CLEAR STATMENT OF PERMISSION before you edit anything.

@Modder - contact the forum Moderators here and Foxhound on Armaholic and see if they know how to contact him.

• Like 1

Ive contacted Foxhound from Armaholic. He suggested I used a different host name for the email address unfortunately did not succeed.

have just sent Roadkill a PM.

Im hoping this thread could help bring the attention of the author so I can get in contact with him, maybe through his friends that are on this forums.