Sign in to follow this  
SageNTitled

[SOLVED] Linux Arma3Profile not working

I've spent the day trying to get difficulty settings to work on my server, but to no avail. It used to work fine on Windows, but ever since I started hosting on Ubuntu it simply won't.

I'm launching with this command:

./arma3server -config=server.cfg -world=empty -profile=difficulty -name=default "-mod=..."

I have created the following file structure:

arma3/difficulty/default/default.Arma3Profile

The file refuses to load. If anyone has a working Ubuntu server, please share!

Maybe you have the same -mod launch parameter problem as we had, try to check this post:

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/185170-multiple-addons-on-custom-linux-server/?p=2920947

Formatting the mod parameters as -mod=curator;-mod=kart;-mod=heli; etc don't seem to do it. That method won't load the mods on Ubuntu.

I've got exactly same problem....my linux server cannot load xxxxx.Arma3Profile....have you found any solution?

I've spent the day trying to get difficulty settings to work on my server, but to no avail. It used to work fine on Windows, but ever since I started hosting on Ubuntu it simply won't.

I'm launching with this command:

./arma3server -config=server.cfg -world=empty -profile=difficulty -name=default "-mod=..."

I have created the following file structure:

arma3/difficulty/default/default.Arma3Profile

The file refuses to load. If anyone has a working Ubuntu server, please share!

the reason the profile is not loading for you is that you're using the wrong path for the profile folder. 

the linux armaserver uses the 

$HOME/.local/share/Arma 3 - Other Profiles/

folder as its "root profile folder", $HOME of course being the home folder of the user you're running the binary as. 

so for example if you're bringing up your "public arma server" under the "arma" user, you'd want to name the server instance "public" by using the 

-name=public

switch to the armaserver binary, and you'd put your difficulty settings in the file

/home/arma/.local/share/Arma 3 - Other Profiles/public/public.Arma3Profile

PLEASE NOTE that the spaces and case are very important! do not change that!

once you've used the above rules to fit to your specific environment you should be good to go.

-Limey

Thanks slimey! That did it!

Path:

/home/arma/.local/share/Arma 3 - Other Profiles/default/default.Arma3Profile

Startup parameters:

./arma3server -config=server.cfg -world=empty -name=default "-mod=curator;kart;heli;mark;..."