silola

[WIP] Terrain "X-Cam-Taunus"

Hey guys,

As I am still marked as MIA, so I wanted to proof that I am not anymore hehehe :)

Thats why I have created a little website where all the Explanations from Silolas Tutorial Videos are available individually. It is so to speak a Jumplink Collection.

I´ve announced its availability today in this post

have fun

• Like 1

i havent seen a more beautiful map :) very nice. we are currently using celle for training but this would be much better. Just a little request. Could you make some space somewhere so we can build a proper base there? would be best if its near or at a street. We need some flat terrain for it with little no no grass.. maybe paved surface. But i guess thats already too much i guess :D

Thanks !

WOOW!!! This is shaping up nicely! Looking forward to play with in it... with DAC. I wonder if because of the density problems may arise to generate zones using DAC...

WOOW!!! This is shaping up nicely! Looking forward to play with in it... with DAC. I wonder if because of the density problems may arise to generate zones using DAC...

we have had the same thoughts, but hey...it´s Taunus :)..

No kidding, of course its pretty dense in some places, but this applies actually for forests only. The Taunus map provides a lot of places that have quite a lot of free space in the environment.

We are aware about this and by the end we need to decide whether we´ll remove the one or other object again.

Looks like different game! great job guys, do you think there will be big performance issues ? 

Looks like different game! great job guys, do you think there will be big performance issues ? 

Yes, of course.

• Like 1

Ok...ready to show your some new progress...

0MJQCFN.jpg

and the rest ... http://imgur.com/a/YD4C4

Silola

Whenever I see this,  all I see is Eau Rouge !

Impressive terrain, guys!

Whenever I see this,  all I see is Eau Rouge !

Can't not see it now :lol:

Wow, Absolutely beautiful. I hope my small monthly donation makes it a little easier for you to develop X-cam because maps like this are absolutely worth my support. Stunning.

Still blown away - looks absolutely fantastic, eg. the detail on the electric towers (?). Can imagine some scenarios from the Black Forest in Chernarus getting remade on this

Great works !

I love the map, she's beautiful !

Can you tell me what mod use this building ? :s

AKbKSuP.jpg

Looks like mbg buildings 3, they even don't have wreck models? :o why use that?

• Like 1

Looks like mbg buildings 3, they even don't have wreck models? :o why use that?

A2/A1 vegetation has some horrifing LODs / LOD-switching, not Perfect Shadows and mostly blury outdated textures, why use them?

A2/A1 houses has way to many unenterable houses, why use them?

A3 only has mediterranean style obejects, why use them?

I guess there is something wrong in everything, and no wreck models is a 'ok' trade of for a house that has a very germany style and does fit Taunus kind of well, imho.

• Like 2

A2/A1 vegetation has some horrifing LODs / LOD-switching, not Perfect Shadows and mostly blury outdated textures, why use them?

A2/A1 houses has way to many unenterable houses, why use them?

A3 only has mediterranean style obejects, why use them?

I guess there is something wrong in everything, and no wreck models is a 'ok' trade of for a house that has a very germany style and does fit Taunus kind of well, imho.

and they have a doorbell :D

• Like 2

and they have a doorbell :D

For that reason alone it is worth to use them :yay:

I usually use RPG instead of a door bell. :)

I will stick with C4 or Semtex, along with a flashbang!