serjames

EDEN - Questions

Just to confirm, they did say that they can't guarantee missions created on the dev branch will be compatible with future iterations of eden.

Just to confirm, they did say that they can't guarantee missions created on the dev branch will be compatible with future iterations of eden.

Ah, good find, thanks.^^

Cant group triggers to objects like buildings/structures as theres no option to do so in Eden. One of my missions in 2d has 3 power plants linked to trigger that when exploded ends missions so very much need.

Found the Trigger/Right Click/ Options and I'm guessing 'Connect to/Trigger Owner is it because it has same light blue lines but am having no luck trying to group it to structure. Have the same mission in 2d and just tried it and it groups no problem -for some reason the Grouping didn't carry over when importing to Eden.

Need ID tab..

Edit: Got it thru Gamelogics but ID tab would still be nice :)

Cant group triggers to objects like buildings/structures as theres no option to do so in Eden. One of my missions in 2d has 3 power plants linked to trigger that when exploded ends missions so very much need.

Found the Trigger/Right Click/ Options and I'm guessing 'Connect to/Trigger Owner is it because it has same light blue lines but am having no luck trying to group it to structure. Have the same mission in 2d and just tried it and it groups no problem -for some reason the Grouping didn't carry over when importing to Eden.

Need ID tab..

Edit: Got it thru Gamelogics but ID tab would still be nice :)

As far as I know ID's are gone and won't be coming back so no more grouping to buildings, it was useful for quick tests but if the number changed the trigger grouped to it or any script using the ID would fail.

This has only ever happened once in all yeas so wasn't a massive issue.

The issue I'm having is trying to work out how to use the or/and logic, I used to use logic with a waypoint placed on it and several triggers linked to it. I found it easier than having to check triggeractivation  and if you wanted to add more you just linked them.

What exactly is "Tools > Community Tools..." about? Does it already work? And if so, how?

And will be be able to write to files other than the rpt file - e.g. to write some custom exporter?

B)

I miss some Objects in the Eden Editor like Taru pods and other things. (Empty -> Support / only Huron Containers) I know that the Eden Editor is not finished yet.

Hopefully they import all Objects from the 2D Editor into the Eden Editor?!

Anyone else get a "Error Loading Scenario" with today's update?

:(

Ahh see its already ticketed -here's hopin...

:(

Ahh see its already ticketed -here's hopin...

Yeah, kind of expected it. A shame as I had quite a nice mission, but the key stuff was in scripts, rebuilding it won't take that long. Just the risk we take at the moment with EDEN.

EDIT: Though at least there's some encouragement to go back and test some stuff rather than messing about in 3D. :D

See: https://www.reddit.com/r/arma/comments/3mzbr8/after_dev_build_update_cant_load_my_mission_in/

Solution:

Add

InEditorATL=-0;

before each

side="(whichever side)";

line.

notepad++ macro:

Replace:

side="

With:

InEditorATL=-0;\nside="

...guess a reasonable strategy might be to save a very simple mission now (i.e. something you can recreate in about 2 seconds), s.t. you will be able to easily look at a diff, to see what essentially has changed.

• Like 1

How come I cant load my scenario up In Eden anymore ? Does this mean I've lost all of that work now or will It be fixed ?

Great work Dev's you get us to use Eden by saying the 2D editor will be removed and then we lose our missions after converting them.

What a pain In the ass. Thanks guys.

How come I cant load my scenario up In Eden anymore ? Does this mean I've lost all of that work now or will It be fixed ?

Great work Dev's you get us to use Eden by saying the 2D editor will be removed and then we lose our missions after converting them.

gas-spanner-professional-32-p.jpg

Uhm, maybe you want to check Ruebe's post one page back? And you may also want to read more about what DevBranch and Beta actually mean?

• Like 1

Also look at the youtube video about EDEN, they do say that missions may break....

Oh and what IndeedPete says above about Dev branch and it also being in Beta. :D

Will there be a new method of removing map objects (buildings)?, cause the ID option which is in the 2d editor is non existent in the 3d editor.  I was just wondering if there will be a new system to replace that added in time to the 3d editor ?, cause in many of my missions ive made on 2d editor i have relied on using the ID option to remove buildings.

Here is example of my work with removing buildings using the ID option  

Will there be a new method of removing map objects (buildings)?, cause the ID option which is in the 2d editor is non existent in the 3d editor.  I was just wondering if there will be a new system to replace that added in time to the 3d editor ?, cause in many of my missions ive made on 2d editor i have relied on using the ID option to remove buildings.

Here is example of my work with removing buildings using the ID option  

Really nice! Care to share the template?

Regarding manipulation of map objects, Karel, the main dev of EDEN, already stated that it's not in the plans because map object manipulation is too risky. IDs change all the time.

sorry if it was already asked but,
is there a way to place a chopper of a jet on an object (say an LHD deck) above ground level without it being in a "flying" mode?
right now every chopper or jet spawns with the gear up and engine on even without a crew inside.

Thanks.

Anyone else having 50% of their assests floating in the air from day to day? Almost every other day when loading up an editor mission with perhaps 100 units and as well as objects, half of them have mysteriously set their z-altitude to 3. Have to admit its almost fun pulling them back to earth again with the easy 3d controls as opposed to the utter nightmare this would be in 2d *shudders*

Anyone else having 50% of their assests floating in the air from day to day? Almost every other day when loading up an editor mission with perhaps 100 units and as well as objects, half of them have mysteriously set their z-altitude to 3. Have to admit its almost fun pulling them back to earth again with the easy 3d controls as opposed to the utter nightmare this would be in 2d *shudders*

Yes, I have this as well from tiem to time. It's just a few objects in my case, usually involving the player. With every save/load certain objects slightly raise or lower their Z.

I have problems with support modules, tried to put  a CAS request for heli, sincronizing QG module with Support Request Module and then Request with provider and player, and, finally provider with Heli. When I try to request all is good till when I have to select the heli.... for me it's impossible,  as it would be unavaible

Eden Editor

• Added: Finished rotation widget operation support
  • Added: Finalized rotation widget visualization
  • Fixed: Mines are no longer rotated 180 degrees compared to preview
  • Fixed: Connections between waypoints and triggers remained stuck on screen after waypoints were deleted
  • Fixed: Logic was able to be player at the same time as an object

So, does the rotation widget work? For me, it's still 'Not yet implemented'.

• Like 1

So, does the rotation widget work? For me, it's still 'Not yet implemented'.

I was wondering the same thing :(

Sorry, there were some problem with packing text data, so the label wasn't updated. Rotation widget should otherwise work.

• Like 2

Any way to remove rotation override (to [ 0,0,0 ], I assume) when using ' Translation ' widget on an already rotated object?

Because of this problem, you can't reposition rotated object properly and, thus, the feature seems partly pointless.

• Like 1

Any way to remove rotation override (to [ 0,0,0 ], I assume) when using ' Translation ' widget on an already rotated object?

Because of this problem, you can't reposition rotated object properly and, thus, the feature seems partly pointless.

In my experience it is not resetting the rotation values if you use the Translation widget arrows. If you just grab the object however, it resets. I'm pretty sure they are aware of this

Yup, here you are: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/184942-eden-questions/?p=2916457

Anyways, I have some questions/suggestions too, posting it here instead of creating a new thread for this:

1. While placing objects "snapped" to each other became quite easy with setting the object's grid and copy pasting it into the original position and moving it with the translation widget,

I think users would appreciate an even faster solution like this, when you just select the object axis you want to "draw" the object along and while simply dragging your mouse (or even pressing a key), you could place perfectly aligned objects in no time.

2.Kind of related to the previous point: as we have the opportunity to perfectly align these objects next/on top of each other, will we see any more objects designed just for building custom structures? Kind of  similar to the VR boxes, but with different textures and maybe even in different sizes/shapes.

3.I hope we will see more objects in general in the editor. There are still some which are not available in the Eden. (pretty sure it's already on your list though :D)

4. While others already brought up editing the ammobox contents, separately placeable magazines/(unarmed) mines would be awesome.

5. Rather engine/scripting: an option to make wrecks from vehicles. Tried KK's workaround, although I would love to see a feature to create them already in editor without any explosion/fire.